Even Newer Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
The portal on one side of the bar begins to shift slightly in the dim tavern light. Most wouldn't notice it, but experienced patrons know exactly what to expect. A few moments later a humanoid from comes barreling through the portal.

He grinds his heels into the wooden floor boards, stopping suddenly, and straightens to his full height of not much. Before you stands a dwarf, with a dark brown beard trimmed well, but kept long in the front. He wears a poor linen shirt and told leather pants, with nothing remarkable about them. A crossbow rests on one hip, and a fine warhammer hangs on his back. In fact the warhammer seems in better condition than the man. He appears to be well worn from years of work, with rough skin, and bits of dirt through out.

He looks about and his eyes tell a story of fear and exhaustion.

"I be needin some heroes. Tough as they come."

------------------------------

OOC: The God Forge is an adventure designed for a party of 3rd level, with between 5-6 PCs. The average level must be close to 3rd, and higher would be preferable to lower.

It's a short adventure, where the PC's will gain about a level and a half of experience.

There is some mystery involved, as well as a bit of godliness.

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Hi Soldier" replies Jarel-karn before continuing his discussion with the Gith. "We had killed Rinch last month, but we quickly heard of his return... again. So we seek a way to stop him once and for all. We found that ritual and then track Rinch, and we miss him by a moment, as he had teleported to wait for you. After handling his lieutnant on the other side of the teleportation circle, we cross it before the last taint of the magic would dissapear. That's how we came to your help... but how you handle that situation, I almost feel we were not needed. I only danced with those two Corruption Corpse until Rinch die."

"Interesting. We fought some lieutenant of him too, Damon or Damen or something like that was his name. I remember him using similar tactics than Rinch, of course, not as powerful as the last." comments the Githyanki "Your compliment is appreciated, but I am not a fool, I know when I'm trapped. And we would have been hopeless without your timed aid."

Ozymandias79

First Post
"Shall we apply for that mission when Callen arrives?" the warforged says to his comrades at the table and points at the dwarf that just came out of the portal.

Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
Mri'Thas looks at Soldier unbelievingly. "Don't you know we have JUST come in? From a terrible fight to death? Let me be Soldier, I need some rest, for the Lich Queen!"

Phoenix8008

First Post
Mri'Thas said:
"I would like to know too. All started on an errand to find the lost brother of the dwarf 7 Rabbit. We had to face our little horde of undead in a tavern, and follow the trail to the asylum, where we found ourselves, after some battle, with the welcome party Rinch had prepeared for us. Then you teleported in." sumarizes the githyanki after greeting the genasi.
Kama'zer nods at Mri'thas' description of their last adventure.

Soldier said:
A massive brassplated warforged walks in, says, "Soldier." then walks to the 2 giths and the genasi and stops at their table and speaks to them, "Hello friends!"
"Greetings, Soldier. Have a seat if you want. We were just comparing notes about Rinch and his minions with Jaral-karn." Kama'zer says to the warforged.

Jarel-karn said:
"Hi Soldier" replies Jarel-karn before continuing his discussion with the Gith. "We had killed Rinch last month, but we quickly heard of his return... again. So we seek a way to stop him once and for all. We found that ritual and then track Rinch, and we miss him by a moment, as he had teleported to wait for you. After handling his lieutnant on the other side of the teleportation circle, we cross it before the last taint of the magic would dissapear. That's how we came to your help... but how you handle that situation, I almost feel we were not needed. I only danced with those two Corruption Corpse until Rinch die."
"I for one am very grateful for your help." Kama'zer tells the genasi. "With Rinch blinding us over and over, I felt next to useless there at the end. Without your assistance, I'm fairly certain that we'd not be standing here now."

Ts'iri said:
Ts'iri heads over the the table with the other Gith and finds a seat. "Well that was a pain in the ass. Next adventure, lets kill something other than undead."

Kama'zer nods to Ts'iri and raises her glass in a toast to the prospect of not dealing with undead again any time soon. "I'll second that." Kamazer offers.

Soldier and Mri'thas said:
"Shall we apply for that mission when Callen arrives?" the warforged says to his comrades at the table and points at the dwarf that just came out of the portal.

Mri'Thas looks at Soldier unbelievingly. "Don't you know we have JUST come in? From a terrible fight to death? Let me be Soldier, I need some rest, for the Lich Queen!"
Kama'zer raises an eyebrow and a smile quirks the corner of her lips as she observes her... friends. Yes. Her friends. Strange that she has to make herself let go enough to admit that for some reason. "I'm divided, myself. While I would like to help him..." Kama'zer motions toward the dwarf, "we DID just get back from a very tough battle. I'd need some rest to perform at my best again."

OOC: I'd love to go on another adventure, but Kama'zer is 3 levels out of the range he's looking at for his adventure. So I don't think she qualifies. What level are Soldier and Mri'thas now?

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
OOC: No worries. I saw PCs over level 1 and I got giddy. Trust me I know how to wait to start and adventure. . .

If there's a number of people at 5 or six it defiantly makes sense to hold out for someone else. Just to note however, The God Forge is a tough adventure (as if I hadn't hinted at that enough). If people don't all make it in one adventure one or two high level characters will not feel under challenged.

Phoenix8008

First Post
OOC: Are there any PC's that are level 3 in the Tavern right now? So a couple higher level PC's would be okay, but not a whole party of average 5th level, right? Unless you are willing to buff it up some to deal with a higher level party?

EvolutionKB

First Post
A deva walks into the tavern not long after the others. "Montroya." Sitting next to Jarel-karn, the invoker orders a drink, and some food. His stomach was still unsettled from the disease of the ursurper's minion. But it felt like he hadn't ate in weeks.

The deva takes off rusty steel gauntlets and gorges himself on a hunk of nearly raw beef. Wiping his face on the rough exterior of his new suit of bear hide armor, the deva shrugs. "Rinch and I were linked somehow. My kind lives many lives, though we only remember bits of pieces. I was his unwitting ally in a few of them. For the most part though, we were bitter enemies. Hopefully the ritual I performed keeps him from this world for a long time."

[sblock=ooc]Montroya is now level 4, but I need to update his CS yet.[/sblock]

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
OOC: Looking at the Upcoming Adventures thread I don't see any mention of new adventures near level 5.

I would be willing to buff mine up, in fact it would be pretty easy. Which seems contradictory to when I said earlier it would be hard to scale down, but that's just the way I wrote it I guess. I could have this at fifth level by this afternoon.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases