[Tavern] Tower's Shard 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mezegis

First Post
I see, replies the young half-orc. Well, the first thing you should know about conversations with non-officer non-soldier warforged, is that we are NOT soldiers. We have questions, ideas, and plans of our own, and we will not blindly follow orders that someone else decrees unless we agree with them. This is part of what creates a bond between people as one person will share their though, and another will discuss their ideas regarding that thought. In doing so we learn about how the other one thinks, and it allows us to incorporate that into our own ideas.

Ryda situates herself a little better, setting her bow across the arm of her chair. For example, while I know you 'forged do not need food or drink, if I were to present you with 3 cups, one with water, one with cheap rotgut ale, and the other with a fine wine, which would you offer a child, a nobleman, a dwarf, or a lovely young half-orc? What about music, do you like heavy rhythm and loud percussion, or the softness of a bardic lute and love song? Both of these examples can cause a conversation.

The ranger watches her words filter through the warforged’s thoughts and decides to bombard him with even more questions. OK, I’m going to hazard a guess given your military background and get up that you are trained in melee fighting and being part of the front lines. Now, I am an archer, and a very mobile one at that. If the 2 of us were to fight a group of 3 in an alleyway, what tactics would you use? What about in an open field, or an enclosed room like this one? There, that last bit ought to open him up a little bit. If there’s one thing military people like to chat about, it’s tactics and maneuvers. She thought, a slightly smug look creeping onto her face.

Last edited:

evilbob

Explorer
Unit 16 appears confused, then overwhelmed, but ultimately delighted. "Conversation is much more difficult than I thought!" Brews smiles behind the counter as he cleans a glass.

"Yes: this 'bond' of which you speak is something that interests me. I will do my best to answer your queries! First: I would offer water to all of the humanoids in your question as I know that is required for sustaining their life. Second, I have experienced very little music, and am unfamiliar with the descriptive terms 'heavy' or 'soft' when used in conjunction with it. I cannot render a response. Third, your question requires additional description for a full response: what are the classifications of the enemy units? In summary however, regardless of the battlefield I would position myself between ranged units and the enemy and make sure the enemy were unable or heavily disinclined to leaving my immediate vicinity so that the ranged units would be most effective."

"Good job!" Brews says to the young half-orc. "That's the most he's said at once all day!"

Mezegis

First Post
Ryda grins at Brews praise, and then refocuses on the matter at hand. With a lopsided grin, she casually states, Well, if you would offer water to all of them, why haven’t you offered any to me? Am I not a lovely young half-orc? Besides that, I will continue with our conversation. Firstly, clarification on types of music. Heavy is generally accompanied by loud, like this, she says, stomping on the floor and banging on the table in a rudimentary rhythm. Soft is usually lacking in loudness, like a lullaby or song of love. She then takes up her bow, strings it, and plucks it a few times while humming.

In regards to your last question, I would say there is one wielding a longsword and shield, another with a dagger and hand crossbow, and the third is an arcane caster. She wrinkles her brow a moment, then hopes up and retrieves 5 empty mugs from the bar. Setting them on the table, 2 upright, and 3 upside-down. We are the 2 upright, and I’ll start behind you, like so, as she sets the two upright in a line. The three enemies are set up in a triangle formation, with the two who have melee weapons in front, and the mage in the back. We’ll consider the entire table to be open terrain, with no spot more defensible than others. She then sets up the 3 over turned mugs in the triangle formation she just described, space clearly between them all, and the front two able to circle around the mug set to depict Unit 16. Now what do you do?

Last edited:

Mezegis

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Sorry if that offended you, I was phrasing it as such since when you look up warforged, it relates them to robots and andriods, and comments on the self forged PP class as making a fantasy themed cyborg.

I will try and correct my thinking toward this, but it's hard to break the thought process when the other side is rolling with it too lol. [/sblock]

evilbob

Explorer
[sblock=ooc]I like Velmont's reply the best. :) But yeah, I wondered if the word "sector" (clearly anachronistic) would be going a bit too far, but frankly I couldn't come up with a better word. Plus, I don't think it's a stretch to say that at the very least, it's how Unit 16 sees himself working - lore or no lore.[/sblock]

evilbob

Explorer
[sblock=ooc]
Mezegis said:
and the front two able to circle around the mug set to depict Unit 13
I now see why picking a number as part of your name may not be the best idea. :) Too easy to forget which one![/sblock]

"Hmm. Are you incapable of gathering water for yourself? You said your health was not in jeopardy. In any case, I neither have water nor have you asked for any. If you require water, Brews should be able to assist you."

"Thank you for that lesson on how description can apply to music." This point is clearly turning some wheels in his head.

Regarding the glasses, Unit 16's answer is immediate: "Move here," indicating the area between the triangle of three enemies, "and keep all of them from moving or attacking any other unit besides myself." He adds, "While they are focused on me, the ranged unit should destroy the enemy mage unit."

Mezegis

First Post
Ryda lets off a deep belly laugh over Unit 16’s comments regarding her lack of water. Perhaps a future lesson will be chivalry.

She is intrigued by the warforged’s matter of fact response to her tactical question. And just how do you plan on stopping all of them at once from moving or attacking? I have seen a great many warriors in my days brag about how skilled they are in combat, but what if all 3 move away at the sametime? You only have 1 sword, and even if you are able to use your shield to distract a second one, that still leaves the third free to do what it wills. Also, with out the aid of a medic, is being surrounded a good idea?

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases