[Tavern] Tower's Shard 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

EvolutionKB

First Post
Vistrathis turns back to the half-orc with a look that showed he was very impressed.

"Haha! My friend, now that is a feat that I could only but dream about. I could hardly lift one of your blades in two of my hands, let alone wield two at once. How do you keep from getting all tangled up in them? How do you keep from getting off balance?"

"After practice, you get used to the weight. It's a deadly game I play, I've cut myself before, and I will again. My enemies always fare worse though," he says confidently.

"You don't understand," he says dully. "Not all have the luxury of walking paths of their own choice..."

"I know how you feel. My honor keeps me on this path. If it were up to me, I'd be home. I miss my wife and kids. I can only hope they still live and when I return to them, with my honor intact. What of your family?"

ryryguy

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Hah, did you read Harressh's background & are hitting all his sore spots on purpose?[/sblock]

"My family..." Harressh continues staring straight ahead, not looking at either Varak or Vistrathis. The silence drags on for a long minute. The dragonborn's head slowly turns, and he catches sight of the dwarf standing nearby watching their group. Noticing the newcomer seems to draw him away from wherever his mind has gone, back to the here and now. He shifts around and places his arms flat on the bar, his claws touching the surface with a sharp click.

He turns to Varak. "My family. I honestly don't know how they fare. It has been some years since I left home. And at that time, those who remained... they were... ill."

Harressh stands and takes his staff in hand. "Excuse me," he says to the half-orc and gith. "Please, take my seat if you wish," he says to the dwarf. He sighs and strides off in the direction of the loo.

CMoss

First Post
The door opens and a human enters, he looks around nervously, glancing over each person in the bar. Apparently satisfied, the man enters, he wears leather armor and has a dagger at his hip. A large black cloak falls behind him and his blond hair is tied back, tucked into the cloak. His brown eyes scan the room again, and he says, "Uh....hello.... I'm Alex. I can, uh, use magic, and am looking for some coin. " the man, more a boy really, can't be more than twenty says meekly.

He walks to the bar and orders a nice tall cool glass of milk, Alex gives a shy wave if anyone is looking at him.

renau1g

First Post
A young, gorgeous woman enters the tavern. There was just something unreal and eerie about her. Her face, somewhat luminous, had a pale tone to it. The eyes were a piercingly sharp shade of gray. Eyebrows were arched over the curve before dispersing onto the bridge of her danity nose. Plump, the lips had the strangest curl to them. This enchanting face was framed wavy, ebony-colored curls, each falling to her hips. Overall, she was truly an unearthly beauty.

"Greetings, I am here looking for some help and you look like a fine collection of adventurers that could be useful" she purrs, "I am Miranda d'Cannith and I represent House Cannith, who are looking to contract a group of adventurer's to help us recover a lost piece of information. If you are interested, please come see me." the woman continues.

[sblock=OOC]
So it seems there's 5 people around?

Harressh - Dragonborn sorcerer - striker
Varak - Half-Orc Barbarian (TWF) - striker
Kirska - Dwarven Battle Cleric - leader
Alex - Human Wizard - controller
Vistrathis - Githyanki Swordmage - defender

Sounds like a pretty good party, with one more spot open for sg's warlord when he's able to come join. I'm also fine with you jumping in now stonegod.
Note: This will be a decent length adventure, probably not as long as my other one, but this ain't a 3-4 month one either.
[/sblock]

[sblock=History/Streetwise DC10]
Cannith is the creator of the warforged and the lightning rails. The Mark of Making is the Dragonmark associated with their house. The symbol of the gorgon is stamped on all Cannith made goods. Most of their postwar revenue comes from the Fabricator's Guild and the Tinker's Guild.
[sblock=History DC15]
The Treaty of Thronehold was particularly devastating to House Cannith as it freed all of their warforged and shut down their Creation Forges.[/sblock]
[sblock=Streetwise DC20]
Rumours abound in Khorvaire that the House is on hard times, as well as rumours of a schism in the leadership have contributed to the decline of Cannith[/sblock]
[sblock=Streetwise DC25]
Merrix d 'Cannith is one of the trio battling for control of the House, himself a gifted inventor and located in Sharn. [/sblock]
[/sblock]

EvolutionKB

First Post
He turns to Varak. "My family. I honestly don't know how they fare. It has been some years since I left home. And at that time, those who remained... they were... ill."

Harressh stands and takes his staff in hand. "Excuse me," he says to the half-orc and gith.

At the dragonborn's long silence and terse reply, Varak shrugs and whispers to the gith, "I hope I didn't offend him. I miss my wife and kids, and if his family is gone, he needs friends."

"Greetings, I am here looking for some help and you look like a fine collection of adventurers that could be useful" she purrs, "I am Miranda d'Cannith and I represent House Cannith, who are looking to contract a group of adventurer's to help us recover a lost piece of information. If you are interested, please come see me." the woman continues.

[sblock=rolls]hist/street (1d20+2=14, 1d20+1=12) [/sblock]

Recognizing the woman as dragonmarked, the half-orc unconsciously flexs his shoulder, his own dragonmark beneath his armor. "No more information than that?" he says slyly. "My wife wouldn't like to know I went off with a beautiful strange woman on only a promise of adventure."

renau1g

First Post
Recognizing the woman as dragonmarked, the half-orc unconsciously flexs his shoulder, his own dragonmark beneath his armor. "No more information than that?" he says slyly. "My wife wouldn't like to know I went off with a beautiful strange woman on only a promise of adventure."

"Your wife has nothing to worry about with me, I am promised to another, but as for specifics, they are...sensitive... and I cannot discuss much more without compromising our House's property. If you wish to know more, or to help, I must confess it is scant to go on, but I must insist on agreeing beforehand. What I can tell you is that the reward for this work would be 2,000 gold pieces for the group." the woman replies, with a hint of coolness in her voice.

Reklaw

First Post
[sblock=New character]Few quick questions, I've been playing at L4W for the past year almost now and just checked this LW out for the first time. Haven't played Eberron before but looks like fun!

The tavern is set in Sharn, right? Any classes that are needed more than others right now? And is it typical to just start at level 4 or is there more of a need for lower level adventurers? Also, random question but what is the weather like right now?[/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]For class needed, I would say do what you want.

But if you want to NOT be original, do a Dark Elf Storm Sorcerer with the Dragonmark of Storm... :p Or more general, any Strikers. I think Warforged are very popular too.

Edit: Oh, we are in the Tavern thread... you should ask those questions in teh discussion thread, FYI.[/SBLOCK]

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Coming in shortly behind the mysterious woman is a large lizard, one of those of the Plains. It is older than most, with one gummed up eye. Mounted on it is a tall halfling. The halfling is also older than most, long into mid-age, with skin a dark red from many, many years in the sun, the tattoos on his cheeks and bald head faded from the years. The gear he carries–chain festooned with tribal totems and a wicked blade at and end of a tooth decorated shaft.[sblock=History 15]The markings on the stranger's face and the totems on his gear indicate that his halfling was, at least once, well respected by his tribal folk.[/sblock]

The newcomer looks over the scene a moment with his piercing blue eyes before speaking. The voice is strong and self-confident. The speaker on the street was true; this is the place where destiny walks and calls those to battle. I am Haltor of the People; I shall do what I can to help when help is needed.

renau1g

First Post
The woman looks at the newcomer with an appraising eye, "My oh my, this day is full of surprises, welcome Haltor of the People. It must be destiny that harkened your arrival as I was just speaking to these others about a venture, or job, for my House. Battle may be a part of it, if what we've heard is correct. I am Miranda d'Cannith" the woman says, herself confident as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases