[Tavern] Tower's Shard 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

renau1g

First Post
The woman looks back over the empty tavern as she moves to the back room, looks like she came at the right time.

Reklaw

First Post
Rook moves quietly into the tavern, looking over the empty room curiously. He meanders up to the front where he sits quietly at the bar, watching the Warforged for a moment before clearing his throat.

*Ahem*

"Sir? Brew I believe?" He pauses as he reaches into a deep pocket on the inside of the bright blue cloak.

"I believe this is meant for you." He says, extending a small envelope out to Brew, "The sender said that I should give this to either you or your master."

A wide smile splits Rook's round face as Brew accepts the letter, "Finally." he mutters to himself. Spinning around on his stool he turns back to Brew, "Could I get a drink of your finest ale? And perhaps a slice of some good halfling cheese? Thank you friend! Oh, and you can call me Rook."

"Actually, do you have a good loaf back there too? My coin is good for it."

----

As time passes Rook begins a conversation with Brew, discussing the finer points of brewing. They get into a heated discussion over hops and whether the hoppy taste is to be preferred. Rook seems to take the side against hops, saying that he prefers a rich ale over a hoppy beer any day.

Setting his feet up on a nearby stool Rook leans against the counter, pulling a pipe out of his cloak. After checking with Brew he lights it, puffing smoke circles off towards the ceiling.

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
As time passes Rook begins a conversation with Brew, discussing the finer points of brewing. They get into a heated discussion over hops and whether the hoppy taste is to be preferred. Rook seems to take the side against hops, saying that he prefers a rich ale over a hoppy beer any day.

Setting his feet up on a nearby stool Rook leans against the counter, pulling a pipe out of his cloak. After checking with Brew he lights it, puffing smoke circles off towards the ceiling.

After a few minutes of relaxing, Rook sees a woman exit from a room in the back, he catches a glimpse of a group of men speaking, but as soon as the door closes the sound is cut off, even if he strains his ears.

A young, gorgeous woman walks into the tavern proper. There was just something unreal and eerie about her. Her face, somewhat luminous, had a pale tone to it. The eyes were a piercingly sharp shade of gray. Eyebrows were arched over the curve before dispersing onto the bridge of her danity nose. Plump, the lips had the strangest curl to them. This enchanting face was framed wavy, ebony-colored curls, each falling to her hips. Overall, she was truly an unearthly beauty.

She was heading towards the door, but sees Rook sitting alone. He eyes glance up and down the halfling as she considers something for a moment. Moving next to you the woman says "Greetings little one, I am Miranda d'Cannith. I was wondering if I can have a word with you?" she says, gesturing to an empty table.

Reklaw

First Post
Returning her gaze Rook looks her up and down as well before nodding and hopping off of his stool. He saunters towards her, his pipe still smoking in his hand.

Sitting, he looks at her quizzically, "How can I help?"

He smiles before taking a puff of his pipe, taking care to blow the smoke away from the stunning young lady.

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
She leans forward and whispers "You appear to be a person of certain talents, would I be right with that observation? I have a knack for seeing potential in people. I see that you are ready for a battle" Miranda says, gesturing to his twin daggers and shurikens.

"Did you see that group of men in the room I came out of?" she says, gesturing to the back room. "I have hired them to complete a task for House Cannith. I think you would be an excellent addition to them, none of them seems particularly...subtle. You look like you might. There could be some extra in it for you if you can acquire something discretely from where they're going. They will fill you in on the details about the goal, but if you can recover some research papers that are located there, I can make it worth your while. Perhaps a few hundred gold pieces worthwhile?" she whispers

Reklaw

First Post
Rook pulls the pipe away from his mouth, surprised to find work so quick in the deserted tavern. He winks at Miranda, whispering "Discretion is my middle name, Lady... ?" He trails off, but quickly continues. "I would be happy to help for a small fee, perhaps three hundred gold?"

"Do you have a description of the papers? And should I just introduce myself to the other adventurers?"

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
"We shall determine the fee once you acquire the papers based on their import, but I shall ensure you receive at least that amount, perhaps more if they're truly valuable. The notes will have been completed by Haestus d'Cannith, his seal should be on them. I will ask that you do not read them, as the contents are private, but rest assured their worth is to our House and we shall see you properly rewarded. I must confess I was perhaps hasty and didn't catch your name." Miranda whispers.

Reklaw

First Post
Rook nods, "That sounds fair, and you may call me Rook. I look forward to doing business with you, Lady D'Cannith"

//I was hasty and missed the name drop;)//

renau1g

First Post
She produces a contract, discussin an investigation to be conducted for House d'Cannith as well as protection of House property and points to the signature page, already signed by six names. "If you sign here, we shall be all set and I will introduce you to the others" she says

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads