[Tavern] Tower's Shard 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

evilbob

Explorer
A large, well-armed but unassuming warforged walks into the tavern. Looking around, it appears empty; no one but the barkeep is in sight. The warforged walks back toward the bar and quietly takes a seat. Brews grabs a towel and immediately heads over to polish the bar in the vicinity of the new patron.

"Not a customer for a week and finally someone walks through the door - who doesn't need a drink. I'm lucky this place has such a low overhead. What's your name?"

"I am Unit 16," the warforged says mechanically.

"Whoa, sounds like someone just got off the boat. You get hit a few too many times in the head during the Last War?"

"I was struck repeatedly," the warforged replies.

"Right... Well let me know if you need anything." After a few minutes Brews adds, "Look, I'll see if I can help you find some work, if that's what you're looking for."

"I would appreciate that a great deal." Unit 16 continues to sit and wait.

Last edited:

Mezegis

First Post
The door to the tavern swings open, and a young woman glides into the tavern. She is dressed in a mottled patchwork of greys and black, the tip of a long ponytail peaks out of the bottom of her travelling cloak. A large, well crafted bow is strapped to her back, and a pair of small axes hug her hips. Her hood still up, she scans the nearly empty tavern, letting out a forlorn sigh. Small tusks are visible above her lower lip, and he skin has a slightly greenish tinge to it making her look ill.

I am Ryda of the Shadow March. she says to no one in particular. and I'm dirt poor. she says the last with sad resignation over her situation. gliding over to the barkeep, she states, Busy time I see. Any idea how long I'm going to need to wait for a patron to ask for help? Her shoulders slump over Brews reply that she just missed a job. She slowly meanders over to a table, nodding slightly to the warforged, and begins to putz with the end of her braid, her hood still covering most of her face.

evilbob

Explorer
"Go on," Brews whispers to Unit 16. "This is a good time to practice. Like I showed you, remember?"

Unit 16 slowly gets up and walks toward the newcomer, taking a seat at her table.

"Greetings, sickly female humanoid," Unit 16 says. Brews puts his towel down and lays one hand over his face. "Young lady!" he whispers harshly from across the room. "Greetings, young lady," repeats Unit 16. "Your apparent health problems and dental protrusions are cause for concern in me."

A glass smashes behind the bar.

"I suddenly feel as if I have said too much," Unit 16 quickly counters at the sound of breaking glass. He jumps up and scurries back to his seat next to the bar.

Mezegis

First Post
Ryda barks out a laugh over the warforged's attempt at very small talk. No need to worry about my sickly skin or tooth protrusions. I'm a half-orc, so a greenish hue and dental disarray come with the territory. she states, tossing back her hood.

Now what can I do for someone who is so interested in my personal wellbeing after only a few moments? She queries the fleeing warforged. Are you a prostective employer, or another down-on-your-luck sell sword, well, in my case, sell bow?

evilbob

Explorer
"I - I..." The warforged jumps up out of his seat, moves about three feet away and then comes back just as quickly and sits back down. Confounded that this did not change the situation as much as he'd hoped, he looks at Brews, who nods encouragingly. Unit 16 quickly stammers: "I was expressing concern for your well-being. That it is a traditional greeting gesture. I have no need of service. I am currently unemployed." With that he sits perfectly still; it's hard to tell if he's awaiting a response or simply out of things to say.

"Maybe he could get work as a jester..." Brews posits under his breath.

Mezegis

First Post
I see. Your concern is... touching, however, inquiring about someone's well being is generally done my asking "Are you OK". This will generally casuse them to talk about themselves, and everyone in my experience likes to talk about themselves. She states with a slight smile. You seem to have very little interpersonal skills, have you recently been born, or have your memory gotten hazy? We don't have too many 'forged in the Marches, and those we do have are a bit more practiced in conversation. She then its back and waits for the story to come pouring out.

Last edited:

evilbob

Explorer
A look of something between determination and annoyance appears across Unit 16's face.

"You can read him like a book, really," Brews pipes in. "Right now he's frustrated that it was so obvious he has few 'interpersonal' skills. But he just needs to practice."

"I- ...Neither of your suggestions are correct," Unit 16 says flatly.

After a moment, Brews adds, "...and to remember about elaborating," as he continues to polish the bar.

Unit 16 pauses and then continues. "While technically some data are missing from my memory shard, my lack of practice is because I have not conversed with a non-warforged entity - except to acknowledge an order - until approximately 33 seconds ago."

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads