+ Log in or register to post
Results 31 to 40 of 87
Monday, 11th January, 2010, 05:22 AM #1
Thaumaturgist (Lvl 9)
What have been the big innovations in RPGs?
Forked from the "The Next Innovation in Gaming?" thread:
So what would you consider to be the big innovations in the RPG category? This could be systems, rules, formats, accessories, IPs, technologies etc. I will get is started but mine is not meant to be an exhaustive list.
- D&D 3e and the OGL
- PDF format and distribution via RPGNow/Drivethru RPG
- Print on Demand
- Pre-painted plastic miniatures
- e-Character Creators (e-tools, PC Gen, D&Di etc)
- Internet game tables (Fantasy Grounds, Game Table Online)
- Online rules databases (d20srd.org, D&Di Compendium)
- RPG based web communities (ENWorld etc)
- Web based RPG resource services (Obsidian Portal, D&D Insider)
So what else would you say are the big innovations that change RPGs going forward.
Last edited by Scott_Rouse; Monday, 11th January, 2010 at 05:26 AM.Scott Rouse
My Blog: Stepping out of the Books
By RangerWickett in forum RPGs & Tabletop Gaming DiscussionReplies: 24Last Post: Thursday, 3rd January, 2013, 08:58 PM
By Olgar Shiverstone in forum RPGs & Tabletop Gaming DiscussionReplies: 53Last Post: Friday, 7th December, 2007, 03:43 AM
By Privateer in forum RPGs & Tabletop Gaming DiscussionReplies: 4Last Post: Sunday, 29th June, 2003, 04:06 PM
By Terra_Ferax_Mark in forum RPGs & Tabletop Gaming DiscussionReplies: 2Last Post: Friday, 13th December, 2002, 11:23 PM
By fuindordm in forum RPGs & Tabletop Gaming DiscussionReplies: 14Last Post: Friday, 6th September, 2002, 09:52 PM