Account Mysteriously Inactivated

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
You had a 1-yr community supporter account which ran from 7 January 2009 - 7 January 2010. Is that incorrect?

Roger

First Post
D'oh! I thought it was one of those "monthly subscription rolls over forever until you decide to cancel" deals.

Sorry for the confusion.

To try to stop this from being a complete waste of everyone's time, I guess I might suggest automagically sending a private message to someone when their account expires, explaining what's happening, thanking them for their support, and providing an easy link to renew for another year. Not sure how technically feasible that is but I think it'd be nice, anyway.

Cheers,
Roger

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
D'oh! I thought it was one of those "monthly subscription rolls over forever until you decide to cancel" deals.

The new ones are, but they were only launched three months ago. If you sign up again, that's how it'll work.

To try to stop this from being a complete waste of everyone's time, I guess I might suggest automagically sending a private message to someone when their account expires, explaining what's happening, thanking them for their support, and providing an easy link to renew for another year. Not sure how technically feasible that is but I think it'd be nice, anyway.

It does that (well, an email not a PM). Unfortunately some folks don't receive the emails for some reason.

Holy Bovine

First Post

Sorry for the confusion.

Cheers,
Roger

While not relevant to anything you just said I love your avatar :lol:

edit - and that (bolded) is my new favourite word.

Roger

First Post
Okay! Everything's all fixed up and back to normal. Thanks for some very good customer service.

Cheers,
Roger

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases