[Adventure] The Race of the Five Horns (DM: stonegod, Judge: THB)

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
The Race of the Five Horns (Completed)

Cast
- Vok Vaerhirmana, half-elf paladin (renau1g)
- Bellegon Darksun, drow warlock (MetaVoid)
- Crush, warforged warlord (pacdidj)
- Rikka Quickpounce, elven druid (pathfinderq1)
- Ryk Tavishny, halfling ranger (On Puget Sound)

Game Stages

Quests
- Major: Win the Race
- Minor: Save the Lord

XP
- Soarsled Race: 350
- Capture the Flag: 210
- Combat Challenge: 540
- Race to the Finish: 240
- Platform Battle: 560
- Quest: Win the Race 350
- Assassination!: 680
- Quest: Save the Lord 70
Total: 3000

Awards
- 168gp per PC for winning the Race [Link]
- Ryk: "Sentinel Marshal's Hunt Mastery" Grandmaster Training: Same benefit as Quickhit Bracers (lvl 5). [Link]
- Rikka: "Mastery of the Shifter's Game" Grandmaster Training: Same benefit as Boots of Rapid Motion (lvl 5) [Link]
- Crush: "Adamants Immovable Stance" Gransmaster Training: Same benefit as Spiked Soles (lvl 5) [Link]
- Bellegon: "Powers of the Twice-Fold Master" Grandmaster Training: Same benefit as Gloves of Eldritch Admixture (lvl 8) [Link]
- Vok: "Dol Arrah's Radiance" Divine Boon: Same benefit as Pelor's Sun Blessing (lvl 8). [Link]
- 1 Boon of Breland Token per PC [Link]

RP Awards (January 2010–February 2011)
- Players: 13 RP
- DM: 26 RP

An Inauspicious Start

Cold winter rain fell outside the Shard, a grey and inauspicious start to the group's future glory. They were yet a long way from Middle Dura.

[sblock=Rules]Welcome to the game! Action can begin now. Please put a summary of your character with a link to the character thread in your first posts and any combat post like so:[sblock=Tondrek]Tondrek—Male Half-orc Artificer 6
Initiative: +7, Low-Light, Passive Perception: 19, Passive Insight: 14
AC: 22, Fort: 19, Reflex: 19, Will: 17 — Speed: 6, 8 when charging
HP: 53/53, Bloodied: 26, Surge: 13, Surges left: 9/10; Half-orc Resilience
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: Not Used
Powers -
Magic Weapon
Static Shock

Scouring Weapon
Repulsion Strike

Icebound Sigil
Flameheart Defender

Healing Infusion x2
Swift Mender
Furious Assault

Regeneration Infusion
Battle Staff +1 (daily)
Targeting Crossbow +2 (daily)
Point Blank Repeating Crossbow +1 (encounter)
Skald's Leather Armor +2 (daily)
Onyx Dog (daily)
2 Clockwork Bombs
2 Woundpatches
2 Alchemist's Acids

Doggie—Construct 4
Initiative +7; Low-light, Passive Perception 17
AC: 16, Fort: 15, Reflex: 14, Will: 13 — Speed: 8
HP: 22/9; Bloodied 4

Full character sheet[/sblock] Feel free to make your own rolls, linking to Invisible Castle or some other place for the result. For some rolls, I'll take 10 for you most of the time. Please post your speech and thoughts in your character's color, using italics for the latter. I prefer players who post about once a day, and I will NPC or write out characters who are inactive for short or long periods of time. OOC text should be in grey, like this or in sblocks.

Have fun![/sblock]

Last edited:

OOC: subscribing.

From tavern thread:

Warlock gathers his cloak around himself and raises his hood again. Silently, he glides out and stands in the shadow of the building while others greet their various acquitances...he follows the group keeping just a bit off on the side

[sblock=For stonegod ONLY]
How'd you treat the following: as we approach race track dark elf approaches some semi-hidden drunk/beggar, curses him, gives him gold piece and blasts him with his at will that has fluff saying "For some, a mere glance is too much to handle" he then yells for help explaining the truth, the person took one look and died of fright! Oh, and gave initial charge for dark spiral aura :)

I know it's evil, but Bellegon would not think that way. For him, he is drow and he takes what he needs and if you're too weak and/or useless to your tribe, you need to be MADE useful. I'm guessing in Umbragen such person would get food, lodging and weapon training and be taken out on patrols to prove himself or die.

Would it be too evil for unaligned character?
[/sblock]

pathfinderq1

First Post
Rikka stepped out of the tavern doors and took a brief moment to let the chilly rain splash over her face. She seemed used to the effects of the weather and showed no visible discomfort- though she did pause for just a moment to check the covers of her quiver and bowcase.

"So, Middle Dura... I'd guess it is down there somewhere," she purred, with a vague wave in the direction of the 'outer' edge of the area. "Has any of you been there?" She had already begun to walk, even before she finished speaking, and despite the size of her pack she moved with a feline grace.

[sblock= STAT block]
Rikka Pouncequick—Female Elf Druid 4 (Predator)
Initiative: +6, Low-Light, Passive Perception: 30, Passive Insight: 17
AC: 20, Fort: 14, Reflex: 18, Will: 19 — Speed: 8 (wild step)
HP: 40/40, Bloodied: 20, Surge: 10, Surges left: 8/8
*Group awareness: non-elf allies within 5 squares get +1 Perception bonus
>Skills: Acrobatics +10, Athletics +6, Endurance +7, Nature +14, Perception +20 (!), Dungeoneering +7, Insight +7, Stealth +5
Powers -
Wild shape (at will)
Chill wind (at will)
Savage rend (at-will)
Swarming locusts (at-will)
Longbow +1 (at-will, RBA)
Thorn spray (encounter 1)
Roar of the unbowed beast (encounter 3)
Elven accuracy (encounter)
Savage frenzy (daily 1)
Fleet pursuit (utility 2/daily)
Ornament of alertness (daily/item)
Deathcut hide armor +1 (daily/item)

LEB:pC:Rikka Pouncequick (pathfinderq1 - ENWiki)

[/sblock]

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
[sblock=MetaVoid]Evil in D&D isn't subjective, remember. That's not an unaligned act (anything that ends in death ain't, and even if they survived, it wouldn't be good).

In any case, its moot: Darkspiral aura lasts until the end of an encounter so it would not benefit you any. No pre-charging.[/sblock][sblock=Streetwise/History 10]Middle Dura is in one of the oldest parts of Sharn on the western side of the cliffs. It will be a very long walk. Skycoach is better.[/sblock][sblock=Streetwise 15]Harrith's Folly is known for its very unusual architecture and for the large, open air arena at its heart.[/sblock][sblock=Streetwise 25]The designer of Harrith's Folly, Harrith ir'Tain, supposedly went mad during the project from his inspiration. There are a few that say the configuration of the buildings have some occult significance, but they are likely mad themselves.[/sblock]

pathfinderq1

First Post
"it is like to be a bit of a walk, so we best get moving. Wouldn't want to miss the race," Rikka called out as she began to make her way through the streets. While she knew little about life amongst the great stone trees, her eyes and ears were sharp, and her sense of direction was uncanny...

OOC: [sblock] Streetwise 22 (CRIT!), History 20- and I imagine that uses up half my good rolls for the adventure. Rolls Roll Lookup . No way in heck she is going to suggest a skycoach. I thought we were in Clifftop (Upper Dura)- isn't Middle Dura just down? Or is our destination at the far end of the district, as well as down a tier? [/sblock]

On Puget Sound

First Post
I'm newly arrived in Sharn, I don't know where Middle Dura is. But this sounds like an event most locals would know about; we can ask for directions. Pardon me, sir, do you.... no, wait, come back, he won't bite...

Seeing Rikka move with such confidence, Ryk and Spring follow her.

Ryk would never think of a skycoach; the concept of " too far to walk" is foreign to a Talenta native. However, if someone else suggested it he would have no objection, and could coax Spring on board.

Streetwise 11, History 5 - I haven't a clue!

[sblock="stat block"]
Ryk Tavishny
Initiative +7; Senses Passive Insight 13, Passive Perception 18
HP 38/38 Surges 6/6
AC 20, 22 vs Opportunity attacks; Fortitude 17, Reflex 17, Will 13
Second Wind: 1/1 Action Points: 1/1
status effects: none
* Spring
* Dinosaur
* Insight=13
* Perception=13
* HP=46/46
* Surges=2
* AC=19, 21 vs Opportunity attacks
* Fortitude=16
* Reflex=16
* Will=14
* status effects: none

Hunter's Quarry (Minor; at-will)

Predator Strike (Standard; at-will)

Twin Strike (Standard; at-will)

Second Chance (Immediate Interrupt; encounter)
Synchronized Strike (Standard; encounter)
Paired Predators (Standard; encounter)

Partnered Savaging (Standard; daily)
Hunter's Privilege (No Action; daily)

Potion of Healing x 4 (Consumable. Minor action)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

dimsdale

First Post
[sblock=ooc]

All character careers have been updated for each character in this adventure.
here

Please check here to make sure there are no errors.

thanks

dimsdale
(Self Appointed LEB Archivist)

[/sblock]

pacdidj

First Post
Streetwise 18, History 9

"I'm new to Sharn as well friends, but the halfling has the right idea: we should definitely seek directions from a local. If this 'Middle Dura' is a ways away, we'd be far better off taking a Skycoach than walking." Crush stops the first passerby he sees, "Excuse me sir, could you point my comrades and I in the direction of Middle Dura? Would it be a long walk from here?..."

[sblock="OOC"]
Crush is a familiar city dweller, having lived for a time in the Cyran city of Metrol. I'm assuming that even though he failed the history check, the streetwise entitles him to suggesting a Skycoach.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Crush]Crush—Male Warforged Warlord 4
Initiative: +4, Passive Perception: 12, Passive Insight: 12
AC: 21, Fort: 17, Reflex: 13, Will: 16 — Speed: 6
HP: 41/41, Bloodied: 20, Surge: 10, Surges left: 9/9
Powers -
Furious Smash
Wolf Pack Tactics
Warlord's Strike
Myrmidon Formation
Inspired Belligerence