[Adventure] The Race of the Five Horns (DM: stonegod, Judge: THB)

pacdidj

First Post
Insight = 17, History = 5

Crush taps his fingers on his chin, creating a series of rapid "ping!"s as he ponders the article, and the attitude of the gnomish attendant.

"I've never heard of this Lord Dornal, or any of these alleged 'great deeds'. I do remember Cyran top brass making lots of cranky noise about an attack on Aruldusk though. It could be that my former employers had interests in the region beyond sending my squad to terrorize Thranish villagers..."

"At any rate, there are prizes to be had, and nothing's stopping us from entering. It should be interesting at the very least. I say the four of us with coin each chip in an equal share of 25 Galifars, and Darksun can pay us back when he has the finances."

renau1g

First Post
At the gnome's words, Vok's face brightens, "Ah, no sponsor, well, unless you know of one looking to take on an unknown team of motley individuals, whose time spent with each other can be counted in hours? If not, I suppose we'll need to sponsor ourselves. Are you the person I give the galifars to?" Vok asks, chuckling to himself as he looks back at the others. He shakes his head "Motley crew indeed" he thinks.

Last edited:

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
At the gnome's words, Vok's face brightens, "Ah, no sponsor, well, unless you know of one looking to take on an unknown team of motley individuals, whose time spent with each other can be counted in hours? If not, I suppose we'll need to sponsor ourselves. Are you the person I give the galifars to?"
The gnome puts up a form with looking, a practiced gesture. Un-sponsored teams must fill out this form. Fee for non-official teams is 200 galifars. He looks at Vok a moment as if sizing him up. After a moment, he shakes his head. Master Ballard probably wouldn't want me telling you this, but there are a few desperate official sponsors still left. I know one, a bit weird, but he really wants in on this race. He slides over a smaller slip of paper, this one looking like it was torn from a faded broadsheet. You go there, he might be able to help you. Might not. Otherwise, its 200. With that, he returns to his paperwork.

renau1g

First Post
When Vok returns to the group he let's them know what the gnome told him, then looks the broadsheet over to see if there's an address on it where they may find an eccentric sponsor.

pathfinderq1

First Post
"Not everyone has 25 coins, either," Rikka murmured, as she continued to slowly read the article about the race.

OOC: Have only 22 coins available

"Let's just find that person and get it over with. Maybe you could go and talk to sponsor alone Vok? That way he'll know about group of five adventurers, but will see only elven paladin as a representative?"

History (1d20+5=18)

Last edited:

On Puget Sound

First Post
Gone shy, have you, Drow? Perhaps you're right. Since the War, it seems everyone has some kind of people they don't like. The more kinds of people we let this sponsor know about, the likelier we'll happen to have just the kind he hates.

renau1g

First Post
"Aye, too many people might frighten or annoy him, it's best if only I go, or perhaps myself and one other" Vok replies before moving to the dwarves he spotted when they first walked in.

"Hello and well met my friends, I have a question for you. Do you know where I can this person? Also, if you know a bit more about him that would be most helpful?" the half-elf asks, showing the torn broadsheet

[sblock=ooc]
Streetwise (1d20+7=15)
Diplomacy (1d20+14=21)[/sblock]

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Vok

The two dwarves had left the building, but Vok found them outside discussing their wagers. The paladin overhears them lightly arguing. One favors That warforged team. Made to endure. while the other says Those Cyrans are hungry for it. Turning when Vok addresses them, they shrug at the directions and point to an establishment even closer to the Hollow Tower. Vok thanks them and leaves.

The address belongs to a drinking establishment, and not a very fine one by the looks. The "Shoddy Badger" is dark and smoky, and most of the patrons (layabouts and gamblers likely) look little better. The note mentions one called "Taat" but gives no description.

Others

The waiting room remains quiet, save for Spring's fidgeting, after Vok leaves. The gnome focuses on his paperwork.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases