[Adventure] The Race of the Five Horns (DM: stonegod, Judge: THB)

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Rikka watches as Bellegon vanishes from sight. She hears him appear somewhere above; Ryk sees him on a rooftop across from the archer, hidden behind what appears to be a bird coop. The archer does not notice anything.

[So, Vok & Crush? Or others with plans to get pass the archer?]

On Puget Sound

First Post
Can we get an estimated distance from Ryk, and from Bellegon, to the archer? How big a jump would be required to end up on the same rooftop the archer is on? Any cover available between either of us and the archer, for getting closer?

stonegod, would you consider testing/allowing 'quick kill' rules from hm...kobold quartely?...I'll lookup the source tomorrow...essentially it allows for situation take out the sentinel in one attack instead of taking all of his hit points (which in 4e is nigh impossible and requires more then one attacker)

pathfinderq1

First Post
OOC: The archer is up on a roof, right? Not on the ground? DO NOT ENGAGE unless he seems to have spotted us- even if you take him out, the absence of his silhouette against the skyline may alert other watchers that we can't see (even if we can take him out before he screams). Stealth and guile, remember? I'm sure we'll have a fight sooner or later- there is no sense attacking targets we would be better off avoiding.

stonegod

[It is one alleyway jump between Ryk and the archer's roof; Bellegon is on the building one alleyway jump to Ryk's left (think of it as a grid).
Code:
B A #
# R #
#r# #
where B is Bellegon (on roof), A is the archer, R is Ryk, and r is Rikka (on the ground).

All attacks that don't break into full combats will be handled by three at-will attacks by the attacker to integrate it in the challenge. You'll know if you succeed or not. :)]

pacdidj

First Post
Crush slips on Ryk's footpads, and fastens the camouflaged cloak around his neck. He waits for Rikka's signal to move forward with Vok.

[sblock=Stealth]1d20+2=21[/sblock]

In the meantime he whispers to Vok, "The elf's suggestion is wise. In the event we are noticed, I will act the part of one of these 'simple constructs,' and either take you as my 'prisoner' and lead you toward the garrison, or feign a chase that takes us outside the sentries' range of vision, as the situation dictates."

OOC: In the event that such a ruse is needed perhaps Vok could roll Bluff, with an aid another from Crush.

OOC: DO NOT ENGAGE unless he seems to have spotted us- even if you take him out, the absence of his silhouette against the skyline may alert other watchers that we can't see (even if we can take him out before he screams). Stealth and guile, remember? I'm sure we'll have a fight sooner or later- there is no sense attacking targets we would be better off avoiding.

OOC: There is risk in letting him unmolested behind our backs. Since I believe there is one in most if not all alleys we may just as well try and circumvent this one.
But if he tries anything funny, he's surrounded. And if it's only 5' alley, Bellegon can attack him and slide him down into Rikka's paws.

Bellegon waits for Rikka to show up and, confident in her ability to spot him even in this darkness, raises palm toward her, then motions toward archer, lifts one finger and mimics drawing a bow.

He then readies him self to jump at poor soul if he spots his companions.

OOC: IS archer looking in the direction of Bellegon? Or Ryk? If latter, is there cover enough to move and scout a bit more? (looking for safe passage) Also, what race is archer? (i.e. can he see in the dark?) If he can, add showing pointed ears to motions above...

pathfinderq1

First Post
With the archer momentarily surrounded (even if he didn't notice it), Rikka slipped back down the alleys and around the next building, attempting to scout for a clear line past him. As before, she kept directly up against the building walls for maximum cover, especially from anyone on the roofs above...

OOC: Intent is to move around the 'outside' of the grid diagram shown above, so that there is one building between line of movement and the archer (around to the opposite side of Bellegon's position, so that if the archer does detect us, he will turn his back on the drow). Since he is up on the roof, he is probably a fixed picket rather than mobile patrol- if we can evade him, or pinpoint the next picket, then we can move past the outer line of guards. Let me know when I need to make another roll (Perception to spot other guards or Stealth to move past this one, I would guess)

stonegod

[The observer looks to be human. There is enough debris on the rooftops so that Ryk and Bellegon have some cover, but Stealth checks would be needed to get closer.]Leaving Vok and Crush behind a moment, Rikka tries to circle around. However, debris seems to block other passageways around the archer. Try as she might, she cannot seem to scale it or get around it. They will have to pass under the archer's roost.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases