[Adventure] The Race of the Five Horns (DM: stonegod, Judge: THB)

pacdidj

First Post
Taat shakes his head. A race like this has not been held. Skychases and sport are what is seen, not wild races with noble gold at the heart. Unusual, this. A race of horns calls to the home of such, it should, should. But of the teams and sponsors, I have beheld none. He smiles and continues. My gambles are small and varied, and enemies here we have not. Foes of mine you shall not see.

Insight=19, History=20

Crush eyes pulse white briefly as he detects Taat's subtle emphasis on the word horns. "Horns, you say? Hmm... We may want to keep an eye out for any team sponsored by, or composed largely of members of House Orien friends."

"Be that as it may though, time is wasting. If Vaerhirmana, Tavishny, and I each contribute 33 Galifars and change, that should be enough to cover our entrance fee, thanks to Master Taat's kind offer of sponsorship," Crush says, nodding his thanks to the rotund goblin.

OOC: Phew, glad to get this out of the system. First combat roll goes 20! :)
Insight; History (1d20+2=4, 1d20+5=6)

Bellegon thinks on ramifications of serving another warlock and slave goblin to boot. He doesn't pay much attention to him until Crush points out fine print.

"Sure thing. You'll get your money back. Now let's find out as much about underbelly of the racetrack as we can. When does the real race start?"

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
Vok will collect the gold from Crush and Ryk, asking the goblin "So shall I go with you to the sign-in area? How do I let them know you're our sponsor?" the half-elf says.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Taat crooks a sharp-nailed finger to Vok and leads him over to the gnome. The gnome looks up and the goblin takes out a wrinkled piece of paper; Vok gets a quick glance of something with a Sivis notary mark as it is handed over. A few papers are signed, Vok passes the collected funds over, and the deal is sealed.

Race starts tomorrow. Staging area for the teams will be the Blooddy Wake after 11th chimes. Failure to show will result in disqualification. Thank you. The gnome perfunctorily returns to work.

Taat giggles in his way and returns to the group. A sun's time you have to prepare, pare, though there I can help you naught. At the Badger I can be found if needed; but it is your time now.

He waits for any other questions, then hobbles off.

OOC: You have a day for preperation or what now. Let me know plans.

Bellegon approaches Rikka and Ryk while the paladin is busy.

"What say you we put some traps on the track before it all starts? Nothing serious, just to slow down others. I'm thinking oiled ropes on shortest routes, trip wires or snares near tops of slopes and such. Since we'll know about them we can avoid them. And also we get to know the area better."

EDIT:
Suddenly remembering warforged he turns...
"Sorry, I don't think you would be very quiet at night so I didn't include you. And somebody needs to keep our paladin friend busy."

Last edited:

pathfinderq1

First Post
"That isn't how I hunt," Rikka growled softly. "And I don't think it is as simple as one set course that can be tampered with. I think it might be more open than that, like a forest with many paths." She paused, looking around the group. "I do agree, though, that we ought to find out as much as we can about the race, and our opponents. Maybe Vok, and anyone else gifted at such talking, can see what rumors they can trace. I intend to see what I can of the physical layout. But perhaps, first, we can find out more exactly what this race entails..." As she finished speaking, she fixed her gaze on their sponsor.

Once the goblin returned, she asked simply "So what are the rules for this race? Do you know, or know where we can find out?"

OOC: My thoughts- first we find out just what the race entails, as much as is known. Course, rules, that sort of thing- either from our sponsor, the officials, or 'word on the street'. Once we know what we're into, then we can do more in-depth research- both physical scouting and more Streetwise. Any efforts spent before we actually find out where the race is held (besides in this ward) and what the actual terms and rules are would be wasteful.

On Puget Sound

First Post
If you can find out the course, we will go with Rikka to scout it if there is time. I am slightly better than Spring at talking, but usually less persuasive.

[sblock=Tactics and Traps]I didn't think of traping whole course. As I understand it, it will be combination of speed, skill challenges and occasional fight. If we can put traps on most obvious routes from A to B (let's say three points on whole course where that would be possible) we should take it.

More persuassive members may find out about rules, details and such - I don't believe there will be fixed route and running shoulder by shoulder with others except potentially on start and finish.

Bellegon is survivor drow, opportunist even among other of his kind, and will make advantage at any point he can not stopping at poisonings, traps and 'dishonorable' tactics...not doing it (in his view) is making self-imposed obstacles

I'd hate to go alone on scouting since there may be others of like mind, regardless of traps setting.

Also, when going to the track we should start early and take circuituos route so we buffle an attempt to stop us from getting there (since not showing or being late means disqualification)
[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases