[Adventure] The Race of the Five Horns (DM: stonegod, Judge: THB)

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
[sblock=Stealth/Facing]No facing in 4E; as long as you have line of sight to a clear square (regardless of where you are turned), the square is not concealed. "Sneaking up behind someone" is pretty difficult to do in 4E.[/sblock]
"Just what do you mean by signs master Taat? Do you mean to say that you are some kind of seer or fortuneteller? That you foresaw our request for your patronage somehow?"
"Arcane disciple, tapping into power of stars, knowledgeable in the intricacies of fate."
Taat's scarf moves as if smiling again. The child of shadows as the right of it; the elven kin has already seen my readings, readings. As I said, gambling is a folly for the blind. Another high giggle.[sblock=OOC]I'll play question time w/ Taat until folks are ready to move one (i.e., have him sponsor you or not).[/sblock]

pathfinderq1

First Post
"It is not just the stars that give guidance. Those who seek visions, of Fate as you call it, have many pathways to wisdom. Some watch the stars, or the patterns of the clouds, or reflections in clear water- or in cards..." Rikka said softly, with a respectful nod. "I once knew an old shifter who said he could foretell a year's worth of knowledge from the entrails of a fresh-killed sheep, so I'll not doubt that your foretellings have led you here." She paused, and looked around the group as if uncomfortable at making such a long-winded speech. "But what is in the cards for you, if you sponsor us? If we win, does the prize become yours? Or will we be indebted to you, for some service?"

stonegod

"But what is in the cards for you, if you sponsor us? If we win, does the prize become yours? Or will we be indebted to you, for some service?"
Sponsor takes cut of sponsor cost of all teams; not come from your reward. You five will be the agents of fate, and I will get what I desire. Another hidden smile.

[sblock=Stealth] I guess that would require some DM fiat in letting login in the game. If somebody speaks with somebody else (or guard stands boredly and then looks at some distraction) stealthy person could stand behind (not too close) and not be seen. Especialy out of combat when you don't go whipping your head around :)

But yes, well played, he's high level and everythings clear ...
[/sblock]

pacdidj

First Post
"Well Master Taat, my companions and I are eager to take part in the race, and seeing as we are somewhat short on finances at the moment, I think I speak for us all in saying we'd certainly appreciate your sponsorship."

Crush speaks his piece eloquently, his body language polite. But those who are looking closely notice his eyes dim to a slate grey color, possibly indicating suspicion.

On Puget Sound

First Post
Taat, we will race on your behalf. I do have a question, though. You have seen these races before. Are you familiar with any of the other teams or their sponsors? Are there any tricks or habits we should watch for? Will your sponsorship earn us any special attention from a rival or enemy of yours, either on a team or possibly along the course? This knowledge will not cause us to back out, but we will do better if we are forewarned.

stonegod

Taat, we will race on your behalf. I do have a question, though. You have seen these races before. Are you familiar with any of the other teams or their sponsors? Are there any tricks or habits we should watch for? Will your sponsorship earn us any special attention from a rival or enemy of yours, either on a team or possibly along the course? This knowledge will not cause us to back out, but we will do better if we are forewarned.
Taat shakes his head. A race like this has not been held. Skychases and sport are what is seen, not wild races with noble gold at the heart. Unusual, this. A race of horns calls to the home of such, it should, should. But of the teams and sponsors, I have beheld none. He smiles and continues. My gambles are small and varied, and enemies here we have not. Foes of mine you shall not see.[sblock=Insight 15]Taat is alluding to something with his comment about 'horns,' a suspicion of machinations he cannot or does not want to speak directly to.[/sblock][sblock=Arcana/History 20 or 15 with successful Insight]The Unicorn is the sign of House Orien.[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases