[Adventure] The Race of the Five Horns (DM: stonegod, Judge: THB)

Just go, we'll create distraction if there is pressing need.

How about I kill a rat, gouge it's eyes out as if bird did it and toss it in an arch to fall on the archer from above?

stonegod: how far is the archer? (how far should I need to jump to reach him in melee?)and did ethereal stride recover i.e. do we wait more then 5 minutes or this is all one encounter?

Call me impatient:
Waiting for slow and careful moves of unskilled makes Bellegon twitchy. He'd enjoy finishing this faster, but he has to wait for others. He slinks into the darkness returning to Vok and Crush. While traveling in paralel alley so not to attract unneccessary attention, he makes eye contact with an alley rat which drops quivering from freight. [Spiteful Glamour, non-lethal]. He bags it and returns to the warriors.

"Come, each minute increases the chance that some patrol will spot us or that archer get accidental view of our companions. I'll make the distraction tossing this pile of fur onto him. You'll have few seconds of more or less free movement. Be quick and as silent as you can be. Follow. Oh, could you make the way accross roofs?" - not really expecting positive answer from heavily armored companions he leads them to the point where Rikka waits
"Rikka, could you pass unnoticed forward? To make sure they don't run into trouble on the other side of the guard? There will be disturbance in few minutes."

[sblock=Actions]
Stealth (1d20+9=25)
[/sblock]

OOC: If anyone wants to dissuade Bellegon from this course of action, now would be good time. We need Kalashtar for situations like this :)

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
Vok attempts to carefully pick his way forward, but his plate mail catches on just about every piece of debris in the alleyway.

[sblock=ooc]
stealth (1d20=5) well...sorry guys. Even if I didn't have armor and the item bonus from the clothing/footpads that still would be under 10 :( [/sblock]

pathfinderq1

First Post
Having passed the archer's roost, Rikka waited at the next corner for the others to follow. She thought of shifting back into her elf form, long enough to try for a distracting arrow-shot against one of the alley walls, but then she saw (or rather heard) Vok starting forward.

She winced at the tell-tale clatter of metal. Surely the archer would be alerted, but hopefully the tangled constraints of the alleys would baffle the sound well enough that no other sentries would be warned. She shifted back into elven form, and leaned around the corner- if the archer stepped to the edge of his rooftop to investigate, she was ready.

OOC: Inevitable that we would blow a roll sooner or later. Rikka shifts back to elven form at the sound- if the archer moves to the edge of the roof to get LoS to where Vok is, she will attack with Chill Wind, +9 vs. FORT, 1d6+2 cold (NONLETHAL DAMAGE), and slide one (in this case, off the edge of the roof)

Distracting action:
as first sounds of movement are heard, Bellegon puts out one of rats eyes and shakes the beast vigorously to wake it from it's stuppor. He then launches enraged rodent high overhead to land atop of the archer. Squeaking, clawing and biting, rodent creates quite a ruccus for a few seconds before it tries to runs off.

pacdidj

First Post
Crush follows along behind Rikka silently, somewhat to his own surprise (see aforementioned stealth roll), but freezes in place at the sound of debris clattering against Vok's armor. Seeing Rikka poised for attack, Crush's hand drifts slowly down toward his enchanted hand axe, intending to launch it, blunt-side-forward, at the archer should the need arise.

Readied Action:
:ranged: Basic Ranged with Distance Handaxe +1
+9 Vs. AC, 1d6+5 Non-Lethal Damage.
Trigger: Distraction tactics fail, and Rikka's readied attack misses.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
[sblock=Apologies]Exam grading and such keeps sg busy from running games. One main thing:
- You cannot ready outside of combat. You can have plans (and get suprise if the other group is flat footed), but its not "readying" which has a very specific game meaning. Also means no triggers.[/sblock]As the group tries to determine how to get around the guard, Vok crashes into some boxes left in the alley. The guard jumps to attention and spins in the groups direction, but still fails to see Ryk & Bellegon.

[R & B are about 4 squares away from the archer; there are two squares of alleyway. Everyone gets one action (attack or distraction) in the following order (Init here:
- Rikka
- Vok
- Ryk
- Bellegon
- Crush

I'll either take your attack actions as posted above or a new post before Monday.]

Wait for Bellegon's destruction distraction, maybe we can still pull this off without combat...Rikka can try to hide Vok and Crush (which will have to rush through while the guard is busy. We can hope then he will look where he heard the noise instead behind him

stonegod: if anyone takes attack action, Bellegon foregoes the rat and spiteful glamours the guard.

pathfinderq1

First Post
[sblock= OOC] My impression is that we are not all packed together, so there is little means of coordination- also, with only one action, choices are further limited. As such, Rikka's actions go as above: at the first noise from Vok, shift back to elven form. When the archer moves to the edge of the roof to investigate (and thus into a spot where Rikka has LoS), she will attack with NONLETHAL damage Chill Wind (+9 vs. FORT), attempting to slide the archer off the roof (or failing that, prone for Ryk). If her change out of Wild Shape counts as her action, or the archer does not move into LoS, then simply keep an ear out for further guards, I guess. [/sblock]

We're not together, but we communicated intention of distraction. It's only a bit earlier then anticipated. But, it depends on stonegod (and Renaul1g and On Puget Sound if they decide not to wait)

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
As Bellegon & Ryk watch, the guard, startled by the noise, crouches low and moves to the side towards the sound. As he leans over, Rikka unleashes a cold blast, but her concentration is off and it just rattles the shingles instead. Her retreat into the ally is also cursed, and she smashes into some detritus left in the alleyway.

OOC: Crit fail Chill Wind, Botch Stealth. Vok & Ryk next.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases