[Adventure] The Race of the Five Horns (DM: stonegod, Judge: THB)

renau1g

First Post
Vok sees Rikka and her foiled attack, knowing that there's nothing left for him to do, he hurries past the archer as quickly as he can.

[sblock=ooc]
Double move, that's what I get for leaving my grasping javelin at home ;) [/sblock]

Last edited:

On Puget Sound

First Post
Ryk lets his boomerang fly, smacking the archer squarely in the back of the head. The halfling extends his throwing motion into a spin, gathering momentum with his empty hand held high. The moment the enchanted piece of bone impacts its target, it disappears and reforms in Ryk's hand only to be released for a second quick throw, which also strikes true. After the second hit the boomerang returns again, but this time by flying through the air rather than simply appearing.

24 vs AC for 7, 29 vs AC for 4 quarry damage: 3 total 14 damage

OOC: would it be possible to use this action? I know it's not 1 action and not an at-will that's why I'm asking. It would prevent further harm of the human. If not, there is at-will attack at the end of the post.

[sblock=Potential action]
Teleport next to the archer and use intimidate to keep it silent:
"Surrender and keep quiet if you want to live!"
(Initmidate +13)
[/sblock]

Bellegon drops the rat since his plan didn't come true. He glares at the archer, magic compelling the archer to look in depths of drow black eyes, seeing into terror realm of shadows and nightmares.

Spiteful Glamor vs. Will (1d20+9=16); psychic damage(1d8+6=10); curse damage (1d6=3)
Curse only if there is minor available obviously. NON-LETHAL ONLY

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
That's why I edited out my intimidate check from my previous post. Having no ranged attacks was dumb by me, usually overlook the basic stuff like javelins. Ah well [/sblock]

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Seeing Rikka foiled, Vok rushes ahead, making more noise. As the archer begins to turn, he is blind-sides by the double attack of Ryk. Falling to his knees, he is about to stand when his eyes meets the gaze of the previously hidden drow. What he sees there is best left untold, but whatever it was, it was too much and with a freightened half-gurgle, he tumbles off the roof into the alleyway below with a wet thud.

At this point, the illusion is broken a moment as the "human" that lands vanishes, leaving what appears to be a simple wooden construction in the shape of a crude humanoid. It remains still at the foot of the alley.

With that obstacle cleared, and no alarm yet raised, the group determines how to continue on.

[Archer is now bypassed. Rooftop access and alleys still open. Where now?

pathfinderq1

First Post
[sblock= OOC/Forward!] Seems like our original tactic can be continued- Bellegon and Ryk scouting ahead, either in the alleys or on the rooftops as they see fit; Rikka leading Vok and Crush along the scouted route, staying mostly in the alleys. Anybody else have an idea on this? [/sblock]

"We're being herded, that's why all passages, but this guarded one, barred. We need to get out of the box and get to them from the blind side. I suggest we return and get into sidemost alley and then get over rooftops toward the flag. Ryk and Spring can jump over alleys and secure ropes so the rest of us can go securely. Stealth will be easier higher up. Rikka and I will go and neutralize or mark further guards.

Rikka, can you take other forms? Something more natural to city streets such as cat, stray dog or a rat.

We should return the guard to it's post so it appears as if he's still on duty."

OOC: I'm for similar tactics, but I'm thinking we'll be faster if we can go over rooftops. With darkvision and low-light we can spot guards before they spot us so we can go around or disable them. And ground based traps/guards will be bypassed completely, along with any put on pre-prepared route that will avoid

renau1g

First Post
Vok stares at the alley's walls, wondering how difficult it would be to climb.

[sblock=ooc]
Vok's got a pretty crappy athletics, how can we get up to the roofs? Climb checks will likely result in him falling, unless everyone aids him... [/sblock]

OOC: Ropes + aid another? and once you're up (even if you have to be hauled up) you can hold on ropes (Bellegon has no athletics either - but also has no armor :) - that's why I suggested Ryk for binding ropes)

Remove ads