D&D 4th Edition [Adventure] The Race of the Five Horns (DM: stonegod, Judge: THB) - Page 26




What's on your mind?

  1. #251
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)



    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Saint Martin
    Posts
    2,043

    Ignore MetaVoid
    Just go, we'll create distraction if there is pressing need.

    How about I kill a rat, gouge it's eyes out as if bird did it and toss it in an arch to fall on the archer from above?

    stonegod: how far is the archer? (how far should I need to jump to reach him in melee?)and did ethereal stride recover i.e. do we wait more then 5 minutes or this is all one encounter?


    Call me impatient:
    Waiting for slow and careful moves of unskilled makes Bellegon twitchy. He'd enjoy finishing this faster, but he has to wait for others. He slinks into the darkness returning to Vok and Crush. While traveling in paralel alley so not to attract unneccessary attention, he makes eye contact with an alley rat which drops quivering from freight. [Spiteful Glamour, non-lethal]. He bags it and returns to the warriors.

    "Come, each minute increases the chance that some patrol will spot us or that archer get accidental view of our companions. I'll make the distraction tossing this pile of fur onto him. You'll have few seconds of more or less free movement. Be quick and as silent as you can be. Follow. Oh, could you make the way accross roofs?" - not really expecting positive answer from heavily armored companions he leads them to the point where Rikka waits
    "Rikka, could you pass unnoticed forward? To make sure they don't run into trouble on the other side of the guard? There will be disturbance in few minutes."



    OOC: If anyone wants to dissuade Bellegon from this course of action, now would be good time. We need Kalashtar for situations like this
    Last edited by MetaVoid; Wednesday, 14th April, 2010 at 09:34 PM.

 

  • #252
    PbP Addict
    The Great Druid (Lvl 17)

    renau1g's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    16,816

    Ignore renau1g
    My communities:

    Vok attempts to carefully pick his way forward, but his plate mail catches on just about every piece of debris in the alleyway.

    ooc

    stealth (1d20=5) well...sorry guys. Even if I didn't have armor and the item bonus from the clothing/footpads that still would be under 10


    LEB Judge - Come try PbP in Eberron (4e)
    http://www.enworld.org/forum/living-eberron/


    L4W Judge - Come try PbP in the Transitive Isles (4e - Homebrew)
    http://www.enworld.org/forum/living-4th-edition/

  • #253
    Registered User
    Scout (Lvl 6)



    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Windsor, CT
    Posts
    3,111

    Ignore pathfinderq1
    My communities:

    Having passed the archer's roost, Rikka waited at the next corner for the others to follow. She thought of shifting back into her elf form, long enough to try for a distracting arrow-shot against one of the alley walls, but then she saw (or rather heard) Vok starting forward.

    She winced at the tell-tale clatter of metal. Surely the archer would be alerted, but hopefully the tangled constraints of the alleys would baffle the sound well enough that no other sentries would be warned. She shifted back into elven form, and leaned around the corner- if the archer stepped to the edge of his rooftop to investigate, she was ready.

    OOC: Inevitable that we would blow a roll sooner or later. Rikka shifts back to elven form at the sound- if the archer moves to the edge of the roof to get LoS to where Vok is, she will attack with Chill Wind, +9 vs. FORT, 1d6+2 cold (NONLETHAL DAMAGE), and slide one (in this case, off the edge of the roof)

  • #254
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)



    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Saint Martin
    Posts
    2,043

    Ignore MetaVoid
    Distracting action:
    as first sounds of movement are heard, Bellegon puts out one of rats eyes and shakes the beast vigorously to wake it from it's stuppor. He then launches enraged rodent high overhead to land atop of the archer. Squeaking, clawing and biting, rodent creates quite a ruccus for a few seconds before it tries to runs off.

  • #255
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    pacdidj's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Champaign, IL
    Posts
    852

    Ignore pacdidj
    My communities:

    Crush follows along behind Rikka silently, somewhat to his own surprise (see aforementioned stealth roll), but freezes in place at the sound of debris clattering against Vok's armor. Seeing Rikka poised for attack, Crush's hand drifts slowly down toward his enchanted hand axe, intending to launch it, blunt-side-forward, at the archer should the need arise.

    Readied Action:
    Basic Ranged with Distance Handaxe +1
    +9 Vs. AC, 1d6+5 Non-Lethal Damage.
    Trigger: Distraction tactics fail, and Rikka's readied attack misses.
    L4W: Auntie Mab and Fierro | LEB: Kalimashtri

  • #256
    Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)

    stonegod's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Starkville, MS
    Posts
    12,535
    Blog Entries
    10

    Ignore stonegod
    My communities:

    Apologies
    Exam grading and such keeps sg busy from running games. One main thing:
    - You cannot ready outside of combat. You can have plans (and get suprise if the other group is flat footed), but its not "readying" which has a very specific game meaning. Also means no triggers.
    As the group tries to determine how to get around the guard, Vok crashes into some boxes left in the alley. The guard jumps to attention and spins in the groups direction, but still fails to see Ryk & Bellegon.

    [R & B are about 4 squares away from the archer; there are two squares of alleyway. Everyone gets one action (attack or distraction) in the following order (Init here:
    - Rikka
    - Vok
    - Ryk
    - Bellegon
    - Crush

    I'll either take your attack actions as posted above or a new post before Monday.]
    stonegod -- LEB judge and spawn of Khyber since 2005 (Blog)

    My many characters | LEB Games | EtCR |Rise of a Demon Prince Story Hour

    "You be evil stonegod" -- Bront

  • #257
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)



    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Saint Martin
    Posts
    2,043

    Ignore MetaVoid
    Wait for Bellegon's destruction distraction, maybe we can still pull this off without combat...Rikka can try to hide Vok and Crush (which will have to rush through while the guard is busy. We can hope then he will look where he heard the noise instead behind him

    stonegod: if anyone takes attack action, Bellegon foregoes the rat and spiteful glamours the guard.

  • #258
    Registered User
    Scout (Lvl 6)



    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Windsor, CT
    Posts
    3,111

    Ignore pathfinderq1
    My communities:

    OOC
    My impression is that we are not all packed together, so there is little means of coordination- also, with only one action, choices are further limited. As such, Rikka's actions go as above: at the first noise from Vok, shift back to elven form. When the archer moves to the edge of the roof to investigate (and thus into a spot where Rikka has LoS), she will attack with NONLETHAL damage Chill Wind (+9 vs. FORT), attempting to slide the archer off the roof (or failing that, prone for Ryk). If her change out of Wild Shape counts as her action, or the archer does not move into LoS, then simply keep an ear out for further guards, I guess.

  • #259
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)



    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Saint Martin
    Posts
    2,043

    Ignore MetaVoid
    We're not together, but we communicated intention of distraction. It's only a bit earlier then anticipated. But, it depends on stonegod (and Renaul1g and On Puget Sound if they decide not to wait)

  • #260
    Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)

    stonegod's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Starkville, MS
    Posts
    12,535
    Blog Entries
    10

    Ignore stonegod
    My communities:

    As Bellegon & Ryk watch, the guard, startled by the noise, crouches low and moves to the side towards the sound. As he leans over, Rikka unleashes a cold blast, but her concentration is off and it just rattles the shingles instead. Her retreat into the ally is also cursed, and she smashes into some detritus left in the alleyway.

    OOC: Crit fail Chill Wind, Botch Stealth. Vok & Ryk next.
    stonegod -- LEB judge and spawn of Khyber since 2005 (Blog)

    My many characters | LEB Games | EtCR |Rise of a Demon Prince Story Hour

    "You be evil stonegod" -- Bront

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 26 of 83 FirstFirst ... 16171819202122232425262728293031323334353676 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Replies: 46
      Last Post: Tuesday, 5th February, 2013, 04:57 PM
    2. [Adventure] A Boy and His Dog (DM: stonegod; Judge: r1)
      By stonegod in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 475
      Last Post: Tuesday, 4th January, 2011, 11:39 PM
    3. [Adventure]: Stormcrow Tor (Judge: THB)
      By Velmont in forum Living Eberron
      Replies: 816
      Last Post: Tuesday, 13th July, 2010, 08:17 PM
    4. [Adventure] Dive into Darkness (Judge: stonegod)
      By ScorpiusRisk in forum Living Eberron
      Replies: 463
      Last Post: Friday, 21st May, 2010, 02:22 AM
    5. Balanced Race? Judge the 'Perfects'
      By Technik4 in forum Older D&D Editions and OSR Gaming
      Replies: 29
      Last Post: Tuesday, 3rd July, 2007, 11:03 AM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •