D&D 4th Edition [Adventure] The Race of the Five Horns (DM: stonegod, Judge: THB) - Page 5

+ Log in or register to post
Page 5 of 83 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555 ... LastLast
    History 18, Insight 20 (using up all the big numbers on my dice)

There were Talenta at that battle; I met someone who spoke of it. They were on the Thranish side. The woman I met said it was a surprise to be attacked by Breland, the trouble they were expecting was from Karrnath.

Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Ignore pacdidj
    Insight = 17, History = 5

Crush taps his fingers on his chin, creating a series of rapid "ping!"s as he ponders the article, and the attitude of the gnomish attendant.

"I've never heard of this Lord Dornal, or any of these alleged 'great deeds'. I do remember Cyran top brass making lots of cranky noise about an attack on Aruldusk though. It could be that my former employers had interests in the region beyond sending my squad to terrorize Thranish villagers..."

"At any rate, there are prizes to be had, and nothing's stopping us from entering. It should be interesting at the very least. I say the four of us with coin each chip in an equal share of 25 Galifars, and Darksun can pay us back when he has the finances."
    L4W: Auntie Mab and Fierro | LEB: Kalimashtri

At the gnome's words, Vok's face brightens, "Ah, no sponsor, well, unless you know of one looking to take on an unknown team of motley individuals, whose time spent with each other can be counted in hours? If not, I suppose we'll need to sponsor ourselves. Are you the person I give the galifars to?" Vok asks, chuckling to himself as he looks back at the others. He shakes his head "Motley crew indeed" he thinks.
    Last edited by renau1g; Wednesday, 20th January, 2010 at 09:39 PM. Reason: Last bit doesn't make sense

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Blog Entries

Ignore stonegod
    Quote Originally Posted by renau1g View Post
    At the gnome's words, Vok's face brightens, "Ah, no sponsor, well, unless you know of one looking to take on an unknown team of motley individuals, whose time spent with each other can be counted in hours? If not, I suppose we'll need to sponsor ourselves. Are you the person I give the galifars to?"
    The gnome puts up a form with looking, a practiced gesture. Un-sponsored teams must fill out this form. Fee for non-official teams is 200 galifars. He looks at Vok a moment as if sizing him up. After a moment, he shakes his head. Master Ballard probably wouldn't want me telling you this, but there are a few desperate official sponsors still left. I know one, a bit weird, but he really wants in on this race. He slides over a smaller slip of paper, this one looking like it was torn from a faded broadsheet. You go there, he might be able to help you. Might not. Otherwise, its 200. With that, he returns to his paperwork.
    stonegod -- LEB judge and spawn of Khyber since 2005 (Blog)

My many characters | LEB Games | EtCR |Rise of a Demon Prince Story Hour

"You be evil stonegod" -- Bront

When Vok returns to the group he let's them know what the gnome told him, then looks the broadsheet over to see if there's an address on it where they may find an eccentric sponsor.

Scout (Lvl 6)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Ignore pathfinderq1
    "Not everyone has 25 coins, either," Rikka murmured, as she continued to slowly read the article about the race.

OOC: Have only 22 coins available

Waghalter (Lvl 7)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Ignore MetaVoid
    "Let's just find that person and get it over with. Maybe you could go and talk to sponsor alone Vok? That way he'll know about group of five adventurers, but will see only elven paladin as a representative?"

History (1d20+5=18)
    Last edited by MetaVoid; Thursday, 21st January, 2010 at 12:10 PM. Reason: Forgot roll link

Gone shy, have you, Drow? Perhaps you're right. Since the War, it seems everyone has some kind of people they don't like. The more kinds of people we let this sponsor know about, the likelier we'll happen to have just the kind he hates.

"Aye, too many people might frighten or annoy him, it's best if only I go, or perhaps myself and one other" Vok replies before moving to the dwarves he spotted when they first walked in.

"Hello and well met my friends, I have a question for you. Do you know where I can this person? Also, if you know a bit more about him that would be most helpful?" the half-elf asks, showing the torn broadsheet

LEB Judge - Come try PbP in Eberron (4e)
    http://www.enworld.org/forum/living-eberron/

L4W Judge - Come try PbP in the Transitive Isles (4e - Homebrew)
    http://www.enworld.org/forum/living-4th-edition/

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Blog Entries

Ignore stonegod
    Vok

The two dwarves had left the building, but Vok found them outside discussing their wagers. The paladin overhears them lightly arguing. One favors That warforged team. Made to endure. while the other says Those Cyrans are hungry for it. Turning when Vok addresses them, they shrug at the directions and point to an establishment even closer to the Hollow Tower. Vok thanks them and leaves.

The address belongs to a drinking establishment, and not a very fine one by the looks. The "Shoddy Badger" is dark and smoky, and most of the patrons (layabouts and gamblers likely) look little better. The note mentions one called "Taat" but gives no description.

Others

The waiting room remains quiet, save for Spring's fidgeting, after Vok leaves. The gnome focuses on his paperwork.
    stonegod -- LEB judge and spawn of Khyber since 2005 (Blog)

My many characters | LEB Games | EtCR |Rise of a Demon Prince Story Hour

"You be evil stonegod" -- Bront

• + Log in or register to post
    Page 5 of 83 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555 ... LastLast