[Pathfinder] The Forgotten Terror - OOC

Mithral·Dragon

First Post
RECRUITMENT CLOSED

THE FORGOTTEN TERROR
A RAVENLOFT PBP GAME USING THE PATHFINDER RULES​

White-hot pain lanced through your back, sliced through your innards, and exploded out your stomache. Pain, like nothing ever-before experienced, suffused your entire being. A scream rose from your breast, but was cut silent by another brutal blow. The assailent, masked though he was, gave himself away with the weapon he bore. Twin snakes intertwined to form the kris-dagger, either tail forming one side of the blade. Between the fanged mouths was a flawless ruby, bloodred, yet pulsating with an inner light. Such was the last thing seen in life.

Or was it? Death had come swiftly, yet through fluttering eyelids came the ruddy-glow of light, of life? Feeling came to fingers and toes, slowly and with an accompanied buzzing sensation. Like awakening from a prolonged slumber, wakefulness was slow to be had. Had death been staved off?

You come to your senses in a place unlike any you have ever seen before. The suface beneath you is a sheet of red glass or crystal, which glows with a diffuse, rippling light. It stretches out of sight in all directions with no visible edge or border. Above you, a black sky devoid of stars, clouds, or other features spreads from horizon to horizon. Vast arcs of crimson lightning sporadically lance across this void followed swiftly by tremendous claps of thunder. These mighty reports cause the ground beneath your feet to tremble, yet no echo is ever heard in their wake. The air around you feels neither cold nor warm and is without scent or motion. Stiffling, the vast openness seems somehow close and confining...

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||

PC Creation Rules

- Sources -
Pathfinder SRD
Magic Item Compendium
Campaign Setting 'Fluff' (Any/All)

- Ability Scores -
84 Points, 1:1 distribution -OR- 4d6drop/reroll-ones

- Classes -
Any Core Class / Prestige Class combination

- Level -
10th
(75,000XP / Fast XP Rate)

- Hit Points -
MAX at 1st level, 75% (rounded up) every level thereafter

- Races -
Any Standard Core Race

- Wealth -
50,000GP for Magical and Non-Magical equipment​

NOTE: Only the Pathfinder SRD and Magic Item Compendium (3.5e) are available at the beginning of the Campaign, additional material from other Pathfinder sources will be made available after the game has started.

Posting Rate: At least 2 per week, preferably more. This DM is online M-F

DM Contact: faerundm@yahoo.com

Last edited:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Loving the PPA game so far, and would like to get in on this one as well. Don't have a character concept yet, but I'll get you one ASAP (work has me stretched a little right now, so it may be a few days).

Mithral·Dragon

First Post
I'd prefer some time and thought be spent on Character Creation as I'm oft-fond of saying such time is when the player can exert the most control over their game.

As I'm familiar with some of the work from both of you (Grufflehead & Mowgli), I'll forgo any 'interview' process and accept your bids for a slot here and now. The remaining four slots wont receive that same love regardless of the prospective player (sorry PPA staff; equal opportunity gaming?!), otherwise I could end up with the same exact player staff? :eek:

Thanks!
- MD

Walking Dad

First Post
The SRD you linked also includes some classes from the Advanced guide (oracle, witch, ...) are they also open for play?

And what is 84 pts distribution?

Cha 13 = 13 points?

Last edited:

Mithral·Dragon

First Post
Yes, with a 1:1 ratio on a point buy using 84 points, 13 points spent on an attribute would net a base attribute of 13. The standard rules of nothing less than 8 or more than 18 base is still in effect. This base is then modified by the usual ability score items: Age, Enhancement bonus, Level, Race, etc.

The SRD linked is so that any and all are able to join the game as respects the issue of rules-set availability. The Advanced Player's Guide Playtest region (which includes the additional Core Classes Alchemist, Cavalier, Inquisitor, Oracle, Summoner, and Witch) is allowed for use during PC Creation. I do appreciate the asking though, very thoughtful of you!

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
The Advanced Player's Guide Playtest region (which includes the additional Core Classes Alchemist, Cavalier, Inquisitor, Oracle, Summoner, and Witch) is allowed for use during PC Creation. I do appreciate the asking though, very thoughtful of you!

Just making sure - contextually it sounds like you meant to say is not. Playtest classes are/are not allowed?

Mithral·Dragon

First Post
I suppose it was the "Thanks for asking though" portion of the comment which inferred the context as a negative?

Regardless; YES, the playtested core classes (Alchemist, Cavalier, Inquisitor, Oracle, Summoner, and Witch), ARE allowed. After a very careful look over that SRD, only the custom creations appears to be something I'd disallow (by nature).

so yes; the playtested core classes on that SRD ARE ALLOWED.

Thanks!
- MD

Shayuri

First Post
Interesting...

I've got a fair number of games going now, but this one's posting schedule is pretty relaxed. Pretty sure I can handle it.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Now looking at a Monk/Sorcerer in some combination, probably Draconic (Gold) bloodline and Dragon Disciple PrC but possibly Celestial bloodline.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases