[Pathfinder] The Forgotten Terror - OOC

f00lb0y

First Post
Hello MD,

I got your invite. I'll be going with a cleric. I don't know if I like any of the prestige classes.

I had a question about this being ravenloft and the whole issue of spell alterations. I guess I should say, do we know about this being ravenloft? Should we worry about altered spells or anything else like a Paladin's Call Mount thing? Anything else we should be made aware regarding the setting?

grufflehead

First Post
As I'm familiar with some of the work from both of you (Grufflehead & Mowgli), I'll forgo any 'interview' process and accept your bids for a slot here and now.

Thanks for the vote of confidence, MD.

Mowgli and I have had a quick chat about possible linked back story. I've got several ideas in my head at the moment for characters which I will play about with: halfling barbarian, straight bard (not sure of race), and I had been looking at the new Alchemist for PPA so I might revisit that - would prefer to avoid classes I'm playing already.

As for the PPA game, I'm happy up to a point to look at party balance once you've selected other players and see if we are lacking in a particular area. We seem to have no shortage of arcane casters over there; looks like we've got a cleric and potential arcane caster this time so maybe another martial type, we'll see...

I'll try and borrow an MIC from someone, but if not I'm sure the core sources will have enough to be going on with.

Mithral·Dragon

First Post
Ravenloft: Your PC's are unaware of the nature of the Demi-Plane of Dread known as Ravenloft by default unless they opt to hail from a different domain of the same plane. We'll be going very light on the various items one would associate with Ravenloft. Fear, Horror, and Madness will remain in effect (and remain adjudicated by the DM). Spell effects and similar items are largely unchanged from core materials so that Paladin's Call Mount feature retains it's use / summoned monster's disappear at the end of the duration / detect evil functions / etc. The only real noticeable effect for the most part is that PC's can opt to use any campaign information for PC Background.

||||||||||||

Room for 1 or 2 more..

Mithral·Dragon

First Post
I have accepted the players listed as follows:

Dad_Walking
f00lb0y
Grufflehead
Mowgli
Shayuri

That's five of the 6-7 slots I'm looking to fill. I have 1-2 more slots open at this time. It's still not first come, first served (per se).

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Race is my hold up right now - I'm firming up on Monk/Sorcerer/Dragon Disciple, torn between Elf, ½ Elf, and ½ Orc.

Got some rough ideas for a background but have a lot of fleshing out to do yet. Grufflehead and I have talked about cooking up a common history.

kinem

Adventurer
Ravenloft? I have to say I'm interested.

I would go with a human oracle. Probably a good guy tying to atone for something he did in the past, like killing the wrong people. Maybe with a fire focus.

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
I will most likely play an alchemist. The mutagen has a nice Jekyll / Hyde (are they spelled correctly?) vibe. Most likely an elf.

Start working on the background.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Apologies

Race is my hold up right now - I'm firming up on Monk/Sorcerer/Dragon Disciple, torn between Elf, ½ Elf, and ½ Orc.

Got some rough ideas for a background but have a lot of fleshing out to do yet. Grufflehead and I have talked about cooking up a common history.

W/ apologies to all for my waffling, I think I'm going to change my character concept. I won't make another commitment until I'm more certain, but of interest to me are a Celestial Sorcerer, a Witch, or a Summoner . . .

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
A Question about the Playtest Classes

When the Advanced Players Guide is released, will the Playtest classes be converted to Official Rules?

This would be my preference (I like RAW, typically), but given that Paizo tends to toss a LOT of wild stuff into playtest then scale back (sometimes drastically) it could cause some disruption/dissatisfaction in those who are used to the playtest versions. So if the plan is to convert it might be best to put that out on the table from the start.

(Ran into this with my Legacy of Fire game, which started out with Beta characters then converted with the release of the official rules).

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases