Miniature storage container

Tomicroll

First Post
Hi everyone. I'm trying to find something to store my role-playing miniatures in. I already have a couple clear plastic craft storage bins that I picked up, and they work great for smaller miniatures, but my larger miniatures (D&D line large creatures) do not. When I look for storage bins on Amazon, I get thousands of results, so does anyone know the actual name of the clear plastic divided storage trays or a company that makes them. If anyone has an alternative that would be appreciative too. I have a small collection, maybe 50 medium miniatures, and half a dozen larger ones.

Scribble

First Post
I don't know the name of the company or the product off hand, but I would suggest maybe looking around on office max or staples web sites... They usually sell them, and their product list will probably be much shorter then Amazon's so you won't have to search through as much to find them.

Sanzuo

First Post
You only need to do one thing; go to a fly-fishing store or sports outlet and look at tackle boxes. They were designed for minis but they won't tell you that.

Tackle%20Boxes.jpg

l_1023_albackore_3.jpg

51CAPAYZ5GL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

tackle_box_overnite-286x320.jpg

frankthedm

First Post
A couple small cardboard boxes with closing flaps should meet your needs.... for now. Organizers cost too much and hold too little unless you get them cheap or second hand. They work OK if you are chopping minis apart and Frankensteining them back together, since you want to keep the bits separated. But if you were going to be paying retail for an organizer, you are better off spending the cash on minis.

4197cardboardboxw.jpg

http://www.enworld.org/forum/general-rpg-discussion/223479-how-do-you-store-all-those-minis.html

Last edited:

Oryan77

Adventurer
I have these mounted on my wall:
Stack-On 39-Drawer Organizer: http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_00965901000P?mv=rr
and
Stack-On 18-Drawer Storage Cabinet, Gray: http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_00962319000P?keyword=stack+on+storage+cabinet

for my large size and smaller minis.

And I use these:
Sterilite Wide 3-Drawer Cart - White : Target: Sterilite Wide 3-Drawer Cart - White : Target

for my huge and bigger sized minis.

I'm an organization freak, so I also have clear plastic labels on all the drawers so I know what is in them. Everything is separated by monster type.

These things work great and they allow me to quickly and easily find what I want.

Jeff Wilder

First Post
I found what I consider to be perfect storage for Large minis at The COntainer Store.

Basically they are stackable plastic boxes, about shoe-box sized. The reasons I like them so much? (1) They come in several different colors. (2) They are actually drawers that pull out, but won't come all the way out.

I think I bought 14 of them, and I label them with removable labels and stack them on shelves. Efficient storage and incredibly easy to find and retrieve what I need.

(I have a similar system for smaller minis, but I use cardboard "card houses" and 801-SKU card boxes to achieve the same thing: clearly labeled storage that makes it easy to find and retrieve what I need. For Huges ... well, I don't have a good solution for Huges. Luckily I have a wrap-around five-inch shelf in my game-room, so they're basically just lined up against the wall.)

N0Man

First Post
Consider me part of the tackle box crowd. I used to use a few small cardboard boxes, and now I'm quite happy with the tackle box. I just wish mine was slightly taller on each shelf, then it would be perfect.

Remove ads