Books A MIllion and My Book of Vile Darkness

cptg1481

First Post
OK so I don't have mine yet fine, but the rub is this, I ordered the thing over a month ago so that as soon as it came out I'd get mine most efficiently.

Two days ago I get an e-mail from them BAM telling me my book has been placed on back order.

What the heck is this did they not know how many to order? Anyone in the same boat, my BAM account saves me big bucks every year but this is just crazy talk.

I pre-oreder to ensure I beat the rush and "BAM" it goes to back order.

So, I'm ranting I'd be interested to know if this ahppened to anyone else.

Thanks to those of you posting reviews. I guess it'll have to do for now.....

Eternalknight

First Post
Mate, I'd hate to be you, it doesn't even come out here until November :p. Seriously, email them and ask why it got put on back order. I would, but that's just me :)

Sirius_Black

First Post
cptg1481 stated:

So, I'm ranting I'd be interested to know if this happened to anyone else.

Yes, the same thing happened to me on a couple of WOTC items when it came to BAM. Moreover, when I tried to cancel the order, I got the run around from customer service until I became quite direct in letting them know if they shipped after receiving my numerous emails to cancel, I would initiate a chargeback. Only then, did they cancel the order.

Thus, it should come as no surprise that I order online elsewhere.
Good luck in your ordeal. Strange, the ways some companies act, you would think the economy was good and they didn't need customers and not the other way around.

Psion

Adventurer
All in the same boat, bub. :) Couldn't see spending full cover price on Order of the Jedi, CotSQ (especially) and BoVD. Got the first two, third on back order.

Oh, well. Not in a big hurry.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases