Treasure Generator based on total value of treasure?

harpy

First Post
I've been looking for a random treasure generator that would suit my needs but so far I haven't found anything.

What I want is to be able to tell it:

Give me an amount of treasure worth x gp in value.

The ECL = x

And then just output a list from that.

As an example, I want 2000gp worth of 1st level treasure.

Is there anything out there that does that?

Theo R Cwithin

I cast "Baconstorm!"
Just to clarify: Do you mean a generator that basically continues rolling on the treasure table at the user's requested LEVEL until it gets to an amount roughly equal to the user's requested GP_VALUE?

In your example, that would mean the generator rolls on the "1st level" sub-table until it has a total treasure of around 2000gp. Is that right?

I've never seen a generator like that. The closest I've come across online is the treasure generator at donjon, which can combine several treasure parcels of the same level into a single hoard. To come kind of close to what you want, maybe you could figure out how many "treasure parcels" are in your desired GP_VALUE, and request that many "hoards" at donjon.

For instance, using your example of 2000gp of 1st level treasure:
1) Look up value of 1st level parcel on SRD table "treasure per encounter": a 1st level parcel averages 300gp.
2) So the desired value 2000gp/300gp is about 7 1st level parcels.
3) At the donjon generator site, create 7 level 1 hoards, being sure to tick the "Combine?" option at the bottom.

Problem is that this will almost never be "about 2000gp". My quick test run of 10 attempts gave a low of 600gp, high of 1600gp, average around 1100gp.

This way is also not very automated :( Maybe there's something better for this task out there....

buddhafrog

First Post
I've never seen a generator like that. The closest I've come across online is the treasure generator at donjon, which can combine several treasure parcels of the same level into a single hoard. To come kind of close to what you want, maybe you could figure out how many "treasure parcels" are in your desired GP_VALUE, and request that many "hoards" at donjon.

That is one useful site! Thanks for sharing. Of all the random treasure links thus far, I like this best. It's easy, flexible, and fast. But I love having the random name list at that site as well. The random dungeon maker made some god-awful dungeons, but it is still cool. I might play with that a while and see if I can get something interesting to print off.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases