Dr. Si's Curse of the Crimson Throne - Seven Days to the Grave

Dr Simon

Explorer
On the roof, Mhairi and Red see the two Maidens on the catwalk lower their bows. Red takes his finger off his crossbow trigger.

"More talkings," he sighs.

Axel

First Post
Mhairi

Mhairi sighed along with Red, though more with relief than frustration. "Looks like you're right Red. Not that I really mind." She smiled at the were-rat. "It does mean you can keep telling me about this under city. I can't hear what they have to say down there, so at least give me something to do other than freeze to death!"

Kaodi

Hero
The ifrit waves his hand to dismiss the suggestion and says, " No, thank you. Perhaps once we have finished with our investigation we can share a drink as if these were less trying days. "

Motioning to Edmund and Manachan to follow him, Ignatius says, " Now we really must be permitted to conduct a search of the premises, " as he slowly moves towards one on the back doors. " I would consider it favourable if you would accompany us to answer any questions about any materials we find, Dr. Davaulus, and the rest of your physicians may carry on with their duties. But no one must leave the building until we are finished. "

OOC: Edit: Sorry about taking so long. I was not sure if someone with more experience with the campaign would want to jump in to direct our actions.

Last edited:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Well, I stepped back exactly for a reason, you are "the face" of the group now. Even if you regard Edmond as a leader, it's still your job to make people see our point of view :)

Dr Simon

Explorer
The Physicians look to Davaulus and he gives them a little shake of his head and a gesture, at which they relax and return to their duties.

"Of course," says Davaulus. "I'd be happy to help." He sweeps his arm, encompassing the main room. "This is our main sick ward, as you can see, and here is where we prepare medicine, and meals for those who are able to take them." He leans closer and continues in a low voice, "I'm afraid the best we can do for most of these poor people is to make them comfortable before they die." He shrugs, and his sad expression looks even more sad.

"Now, this might interest you," he steers you towards the right-hand door at the back. "Through there's just an old cargo lift from when this was a warehouse," he says, gesturing to the left-hand door. "We don't use it, it's not safe. Now..." He opens the right hand door to reveal stairs leading up. "If you'd care to follow me, gentlemen"

[sblock=Mhairi]
"Ah," says Red. "They says there's one of them Runelords buried deep under the city, but I's never seen any evidence myself. Hold up..." He gestures to Mhairi. One of the Physicians down in the warehouse is heading towards the outer door. Mhairi checks over the edge of the roof. Down below at street level the Physician pokes his bird-masked face out of the door, checks the street to left and right and then closes the front door. There is the sound of bolts being pulled across.
[/sblock]

Attachments

• Hospice 8.jpg
    Hospice 8.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 55

Kaodi

Hero
Ignatius peers at the stairs quizzically. " I suppose we could head up to the catwalk, " says Ignatius. " But I had assumed that most of the interesting matter would be behind there, " he adds, gesturing to the curtain.

Axel

First Post
Mhairi

[sblock=Mhairi]
"Curious... On one hand, they clearly don't know we're here. On the other...I don't like that they are locking the boys in...better keep a very close watch." Oh hoh! They better not be planning anything evil. If they give any of my boys a disease or anything...unnatural...oooh they better watch out. ESPECIALLY if they hurt Ignatius.

Mhairi raises an eyebrow at Red as she heads back to her vigil at the skylight. "A Runelord you say? Now what would one of those be doing here? And who says so?" Kneeling down beside the open skylight she gestures Red over and closer with a thoughtful look on her face. "You know a lot more about this place than you let on Red, and I reckon there's more going on under that furry skull that you let on too. Tell me more about the city and the dark places." Mhairi smiles slyly and seductively at the half-man. "I can make it worth your while, you know."

OOC: I know nothing of any Runelord (as a player)...figured a 16 Knowledge (local) should help a little. At least let me know the basic rumours of 'em! :)

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Dr Simon

Explorer
OOC: I'm not sure which bit you are referring to as the curtain. The door leading to the masked area in the top left of the map?

"Ah, these stairs don't just lead to the catwalk," says Davaulus. He points up, and you can see the the ceiling of the warehouse is lower at the right-hand end. "I have some studies going on upstairs that might interest you."

Kaodi

Hero
OOC: The squiggle directly left of Ignatius in the last map.

Ignatius peers up. " Oh, my apologies, Dr. Davaulus, " he says. " Yes, of course we would be interested. " The ifrit falls in behind the doctor.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases