Dr. Si's Curse of the Crimson Throne - Seven Days to the Grave

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
ManachanAingealiEWHeadShot.png

Manachan moves forward to stand beside his friend, focusing his attention on the creepy physicians. His voice is calm, but carries steel wrapped in the velvet as he looks at the physicians and speaks. "That will do for you all as well. Please take your hands from your pockets and come no closer." His blue and silver eyes glint as he shifts his gaze to the Maidens and then back to the physicians. "My ladies, gentlemen, we are resolute. Our Queen has tasked us with the ending of this plague, and granted us rights of investigation into any area touching on it. We will have access to this facility in its entirety, one way or the other."

[sblock=Actions][/sblock]

Last edited:

Dr Simon

Explorer
The Maiden and the Physician nearest to the door slacken their postures, turning their masked faces towards Edwards shimmering pattern. The other Physicians back away with a series of subtle hand signals, and one of the moves off through the door to the far rear left of the building.

The Maiden on the floor in front of Edmond warily climbs to her feet.

"I trust you have some proof of this, Citizen," she says.

[sblock=OOC]
Hypnotic pattern affects #2 and #8, plus a couple of bed-bound patients in between who happen to be awake. Will last for concentration +2 rounds.
[/sblock]

Kaodi

Hero
Ignatius waits as it appears Edmund has finally gotten the Maiden's attention. He considers going after the physician who fled, but he decides against moving from his position.

[sblock=OOC]Delaying.[/sblock]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"I am the head of the minor house of Korvosa. I am charged with checking unpleasant events, preventing diplomatic incidents, silently removing necromancers and other unpleasantness and in general doing special service for the crown. Since this plague is anything but usual and Dr. Davalus just happened to be at the right place at the right time, we're checking things out.

I understand you have your orders and respect that. I am willing to wait for you to check with Marshal Kroft and Her Majesty. But I would kindly request full tour of this location along with my physicans."

Edmond bows at the introduction and waves his blade toward monk and priest as he mentions them.

"With all due respect, your doctors didn't appear very forthcoming and we asked nicely, I even stayed outside although it could be risky for my companions if this was not legal operation, for they are only physicians, not warriors. Even assuming there is some business secret Dr Davalus wants to keep to maintain business edge, this is not the time for such. We already had to close one copycat alchemist with fake cure.

We located starting point of the plague. We're having trouble moving through the city, just as doctors have trouble keeping up with the disease. So, please, let us inspect the building and be out of your hair. We can check my claim in the morning, I'll even wait here so you know I'm not going to disappear."

Edmond started speaking and even showed some animation at the start, but the effort of so many word returned his speech to it's usual monotone. He waits expectantly for response, ready, but relaxed.

OOC: [MENTION=21938]Dr Simon[/MENTION], we didn't get anything to identify is, right? I mean, we were free to do some unlawful things and it would reflect badly if we could be proven as official Guard agents. If we have anything, Edmond would show it.

Axel

First Post
Mhairi

Up on the roof, Mhairi can only catch occasional words of the argument below. She kneels, squinting to sight along the short crossbow quarrel, pointing it at the closest Maiden's head. The instant I see her go to shoot, bam! Right in the head!

Dr Simon

Explorer
OOC: You know, I don't think you did get any official identification - part of the deal with working with Kroft was that you dealt with matters that the Korvosan Guard can't be seen to be officially getting involved with.

There is a tense stand-off.

"Please, there's no need for unpleasantness," says a voice from the far side of the room. The two Physicians have returned, following a sad-eyed man whom Edmond and Manachan recognise as Doctor Davaulus from their brief meeting before. "We're all working for the same goal, are we not?" Doctor Davaulus holds up his hands to show that he is unarmed and smiles, a smile that does little to lift his hang-dog expression. "Let's all put away our weapons."

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Edmond eyes the doctor for a moment and then waves away his lights which disappear promptly.

He nods.

"I apologize for the inconvenience, doctor. As I was saying, we're investigating the origin of this plague and all things connected to it. One of them is this hospital. You'll excuse me if I'm a bit touchy, but last time we investigated some disappearances, we ran afoul of a necromancer. And your people aren't really welcoming even to unarmed priests."

Kaodi

Hero
Ignatius, always able to rely on the divine powers at his disposal, hangs his morningstar back on his belt.

" Dr. Davaulus, given that we are all quite aware of the decrees concerning your work, " the ifrit begins, " I believe you can take us at our word when we say that we have been led here by troubling evidence. We have come with open mind that the evidence may be false, or otherwise misleading. But it is imperative that we are given the freedom to disconfirm this previous evidence. "

Dr Simon

Explorer
Davaulus nods to the Maidens and they sheathe their swords. The Physicians relax and move back, but they keep their bird-masked faces turned towards you.

"Of course," says Davaulus smoothly. "I recognise some of you from the Marshal's office. Come, let us sit and discuss what you have discovered and I'll see if I can help." He gestures to the area near the back of the warehouse where there are some chairs and a table. "Would you care for some tea?"

[sblock=Manachan]
The Physicians are still wary but seemingly more relaxed now Davaulus has arrived. Davaulus himself is unreadable. If he's hiding something, he's doing it well.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases