Dr. Si's Curse of the Crimson Throne - Seven Days to the Grave

Axel

First Post
Mhairi

[sblock=Mhairi on the roof, yay combat!]
Mhairi whips her head around quickly to see the Maidens movements for herself. Realising what is happening, she gives Red a last squeeze and a sly look. "No luck for you tonight, I'm afraid."

Rolling closer to the open skylight she grasped the almost forgotten hand crossbow she had left lying on the roof, pulling back the string and loading it.
[/sblock]

[sblock=actions]
Figure a move action equivalent to get in place. Then a move action to load the hand crossbow (no way it would've been kept loaded and cocked when not in use - that's how you break strings).
[/sblock]

Kaodi

Hero
Ignatius, eyes burning with righteous fire, raises his right hand towards Davaulus and says something incomprehensible, his words reverberating with power.
[sblock=Celestial]" Hold, scoundrel, and face the flames of justice. "[/sblock]
[sblock=OOC]Ignatius casts hold person (DC 19), and then, depending on whether Davaulus is affected or not, he skirts the room on the opposite site of Manachan (Davaulus is held) to come adjacent to Davaulus, or moves to where Manachan was blocking the doorway (Davaulus saves).[/sblock]

Last edited:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
I'm back. Just in time it seems. I'll try to teleport Davalus to us, or Manachan to him as you think better [MENTION=29558]Mowgli[/MENTION]...just after everyone else has gone :)

Dr Simon

Explorer
Manachan surges forwards but his way is blocked by the two Physicians, one of whom gets a powerful punch to the sternum and gives out a hoarse gasp from behind his bird mask.

Ignatius' spell has no effect on Davaulus, who etches some arcane symbols in the air with a smile and vanishes from sight. As Ignatius moves to block the doors he parries one of the Maidens but the second gets past his defences and wounds him in the leg.

There are sounds of armoured people moving up the stairs.

Meanwhile on the roof, Red lifts the skylight and stands ready with the rope.

[sblock=OOC]
Manachan - 6 damage to Physician #12 who makes his Fort save vs. Stunning Fist.

Ignatius - Hold person fails, and he takes 10 damage from Maiden #9

Davaulus - Turns invisible.

Next up: Edmond
[/sblock]

Attachments

• Hospice 12.jpg
    Hospice 12.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Edmond gestures with one hand while moving aside so he clears Manachan from the effect he produces.

Spray of clashing colors spring into being covering both doctors and hopefully catching invisible doctor in the blast.

[sblock=Actions]
Step aside so Manachan is not in the cone
Cast Color Spray catching both physicians and hopefully catching the doctor behind them
Will DC 14
1 or 2 HD: Unconcious 2d4 rnds
3 or 4 HD: Blind 1d4 rnds
5 or more HD: Stunned 1 rnd
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Dr Simon

Explorer
One of the Physicians slumps to the ground, the other draws a wicked-looking surgival instrument from within a coat pocket and slashes at Manachan, but as he is jostled by his falling comrade the attack goes wide.

There is no sign that Davaulus was affected by the spell.

[sblock=OOC]

Physician #11 unconscious.

Physician #12 attacks Manachan, miss.

Next up:

Manachan
Mhairi
Ignatius
[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
The monk, stymied in his advance by the good doctor's assistants, tries unsuccessfully to hammer the one left standing. He overextends a bit on his second punch and staggers slightly.

[sblock=Actions]Attack (1d20+3=10, 1d20+3=4) (Staggering is just fluff for the natural one).[/sblock]

Axel

First Post
Mhairi

Mhairi flashed a quick smile in Red's general direction as she glanced down the skylight. "Keep it handy. We might need to get out in a hurry."

Looks like 20 feet or so, easy enough. Should be a soft landing so wait for the bounce before you untuck.

The half elf took a few quick steps toward the skylight before leaping headfirst with arms outstretched. As she plummeted, she tucked her head down and curled into a ball to roll, just before the catwalk...

On feeling her body contact the catwalk Mhairi paused, nearly disastrously long, before shifting her momentum forward and rolling with the bounce. While not her most graceful dive, it worked well enough and she ended on her feet on the catwalk.

Raising the hand crossbow held in her hand, Mhairi pulled the trigger and hoped for the best.

[sblock=ooc]
Figure it's at least a move action to deliberately fall the 20 feet to the catwalk (established earlier). DC15 acrobatics = passed (just!), so 1d6 non-lethal damage and she lands on her feet. Phew! I've rolled the non-lethal damage, but if you want to then by all means over rule me and roll again. :)

On the off chance there's still a standard action left, Mhairi attacks the closest Grey Maiden with the hand crossbow. Disregard if not possible.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Kaodi

Hero
Ignatius slips back into his defencive mode and traces the symbol of Sarenrae in the air as he casts a spell of sanctuary. The ifrit may have a couple of loose bolts in his head, but it has given him a savant-like ability to focus on his spells.
[sblock=Celestial Language]" I will hold the reinforcements here as best I can! Fall back here for healing if you must; and tell Edmond. "[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]Is my bless spell from the original stand-off still active? Would have had a 5 min. duration, I believe.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases