Dr. Si's Curse of the Crimson Throne - Seven Days to the Grave

Dr Simon

Explorer
OOC: I guess no posts in two days counts as "no objections", so:

[sblock=Dj'hân]
Through the narrow gap, Dj'hân gets a view of the bottom few inches of the room. There are the legs of a sturdy table near the back of the room, and the smell of chemicals. In front of the table is somebody wearing heavy boots - too big to be a derro (who so far have been barefoot anyway). No sign of anyone else, but somebody nearby on the other side is whispering in an unintelligable language that might be the derro tongue.
[/sblock]

OOC: The game is called "Rat Squish", and I imagine the rules to be random and arbitrary, like Calvinball, but with the additional cruelty to small animals.

Ambrus

Explorer
Picking himself up off the ground, Dj'hân hurries back the way he came to meet the others halfway as they're coming up behind him. Holding a finger to his lips, the urchin whispers hurriedly. "I see somebody wearing a big pair of boots; big like yours. He's doing some kind of work at a table against the far wall. It might be the Bone Setter... " Dj'hân fails to suppress a shudder. "I don't see the derro from the door, but I think I can hear him mutterin someplace off to the side. So that'd be two of em from what I can tell."

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Finally deciding on what to do to really help, Brindom fishes out two plain silver rings from his belt pouch. As they wait he places one ring on his finger and holds the other out to Edmond. "Here," he whispers to the warrior. "This is part of a spell I want to cast, to help you resistance any more pincushioning. I want to cast it before we go any further, if you will allow it." he asks quietly almost embrassed by his actions.

[sblock=OOC]
If Edmond is o.k. with it will cast Shield Other on him, then I will make sure to stay in the 30' range while the spell is active. [/sblock]

[sblock=stats]
HP: 40/41
AC: 20 T: 13 FF: 17
CMB: +1
Speed: 20'
Fort: +4 Ref: +3 Will: +5

[/sblock]

[sblock=Spells]Orisons: Mending, Detect Magic, Create Water, Read Magic
1st lvl: Remove Fear, Cure Light Wounds, Bless, + Protection from Evil
2nd lvl: Restoration,Lesser, Hold Person, + Shield Other
Abilities:
Channel Energy(living): 3/5 (2d6)
Calming Touch: 5/5
Touch of Good: 4/5 [/sblock]

Last edited:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"Good work Dj'ahn. Can you open the door or the handle is to high for you? I'm thinking maybe we could array ourselves little away from the door...you see, I learn and open up with ranged attacks? I'm sure we can approach fairly easy within 30' of the door. Hm, better yet, does any of you casters has silence spell? We could use it to approach and to catch just the door not going further in, then open the door with hand or charge and toss the coin inside. We already know there will be caster of some sort or other."

As Brindom makes his offer...
"I'd like to say no, as you could get hurt really fast, but you can heal yourself wherever you are while healing me demands that you stay close. Just be aware you might be in for a world of hurt as my pain powers my magic."

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"I am... ready," the young cleric says. "I think it will be very useful." he continues handing the ring to Edmond. After he puts it on Brindom says a short prayer to Erastil and holds his hand atop Edmonds.

A soft yellow glow forms from each of their hands and then surrounds both the men and then it is quickly gone. "Let's finish this together," Brindom says with a grin.

[sblock=ooc]
casting Shield Other, standard action and not only do half the wounds takin' by Edmond transfer to Brindom but, Edmond also gets a +1 deflection bonus to AC and a +1 resisitance bonus to saves. Like Brindom said useful LOL :p [/sblock]

Dr Simon

Explorer
The door opens to reveal yet another roughly dug cave, lit by the eerie blue light of the derro. A strong, sickly smell of chemicals and decay wafts out as the door is opened. This seems to be another workroom, with neatly arrayed tools hung along the back wall. But this is not what draws your attention.

There is a large table at the back of the room, with some kind of stitched-together corpse creature lying inert upon it. Stood on the table is another derro, this one dressed in dark robes with skull and bone designs. It clutches a small bone wand in one hand. Stood in front of the table and this creature is a hulking half-orc, wielding a greataxe and poised for battle.

"Kill them, minion!" shouts the derro.

[sblock=Edmond and Dj'ahn]
You recognise the half-orc. It is Thorson, "Mr. Bear", with whom you tackled Gaedrenn Lamm. He doesn't seem to have recognised you.
[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]
Initiative order:

Manachan
Half-Orc
Dj'ahn
Derro
Edmond
Brindom

I've put rough positions on the map, the idea being that Dj'ahn is between/underneath either Edmond and/or Brindom, but let me know if you want to adjust these.
[/sblock]

Attachments

• Dead Warrens Beta 23.jpg
    Dead Warrens Beta 23.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 98

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
With no way to approach the battle, and no line of sight to get off a shot, Manachan waits with Irori's patience for the perfect opportunity to strike.

Valthosian

First Post
An enraged half-orc minion

The half-orc turns to face the adventurers, his green eyes burning with a mixture of madness and something truly primal beyond the comprehension of most civilized races. A bullthroated roar swells out from somewhere deep in his chest and echoes off the walls as he gives himself wholly over to instinct and assaults Edmond, his axe poised to strike.

[SBLOCK=Dr. Simon]Free action => rage for +4 str/con, 1 rage point used, it looks like there's not enough room to charge, so currently Thorson is using Enraged Melee Attack: +7 to hit, 1d12+12 (Crit 20 x 3) and he's at -2 to AC while raging.

Stats:
HP: 32 (12 + 16 con + 3 from con mod + 1 favored class)
Enraged HP: 34
AC: 15 (4 from armor, 1 from dex), Touch: 11, FF: 14
Enraged AC: 13
[/SBLOCK]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Brindom grips his weapon tighter and keeps his shield at the ready. "Is that thing an undead?" he asks a little shakened.

[sblock=action]
total defense [/sblock]

[sblock=Mowgli]
According to the rulebook "You can move through a square occupied by a friendly character, unless you are charging." So hop in the fight if you like.[/sblock]

[sblock=stats]
HP: 40/41
AC: 24 T: 17 FF: 21
CMB: +1
Speed: 20'
Fort: +4 Ref: +3 Will: +5

[/sblock]

[sblock=Spells]Orisons: Mending, Detect Magic, Create Water, Read Magic
1st lvl: Remove Fear, Cure Light Wounds, Bless, + Protection from Evil
2nd lvl: Restoration,Lesser, Hold Person, + Shield Other
Abilities:
Channel Energy(living): 3/5 (2d6)
Calming Touch: 5/5
Touch of Good: 4/5 [/sblock][/quote]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"Thorson! Stop! We defeated Lamm together! Comrades in arms!" booms Edmond his voice suddenly loosing monotone and sounding like soldiery commander.

He holds Deathwail in defensive posture obviously not threatening half-orc warrior.

"Everyone, don't harm his if you can help it! Target the caster! Dj'ahn, Thorson needs us!"

OOC explanation: Edmond knows about charm effects (Spellcraft +8), also, he reinforces his non-fighting by foregoing opportunity attack as Thorson's moves. Also, total defense with weapon expertise bonuses...should raise AC by quite some...5?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases