Dr. Si's Curse of the Crimson Throne - Seven Days to the Grave

Axel

First Post
Mhairi

Mhairi glanced over at Red, and said with a demure smile "Pity for you, I don't mind a story of dirty alleys and bad habits" and looked downwards, right index finger in her mouth being slowly withdrawn.

She looked sideways as well, keeping an eye on Ignatius and Manachan. They looked like they belonged and would be some time, so she sighed a little.

Dr Simon

Explorer
The physician shrugs.

"As you wish," he says.

Ignatius and Manachan follow him through the sickroom, but neither he nor his colleagues do much more than mop a brow or offer up soothing noises to the patients. At the back of the warehouse is a kind of kitchen area, with some doors beyond, and you notice that the physicians subtly try to keep you away from this end of the building.

Meanwhile, up on the roof, Red gives a wheezing kind of chuckle.

"Maybe I shows you the Undercity when this job is finished, then," he says.

[sblock=OOC]
NPCS 1-4 are the Grey Maidens, 5-8 are the Physicians, hopefully everything else should be clear. I notice the door to the waiting room opens directly onto some poor soul's bed!
[/sblock]

Attachments

• Hospice 3.jpg
    Hospice 3.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:

Kaodi

Hero
If I did not know better I would say they are trying to hide something from us.

Curious, he asks, " I do not suppose that we could take a look at your supplies and preparation room? Every good healer knows that having the right tools on hand is half the battle. And I am curious as to know the combination of spices you favour for your masks. If you are using something different from the priests, perhaps they can make a change to keep infections among the healers down. "

The ifrit is not optimistic about he request being acquiesced to. Which is why he has an idea to see if he and Manachan can perhaps confer in secret. When the time seems right, he asks the physicians in the Celestial language, " Honestly, what do you think their chances of surviving this sickness are? "

Dr Simon

Explorer
If I did not know better I would say they are trying to hide something from us.

Curious, he asks, " I do not suppose that we could take a look at your supplies and preparation room? Every good healer knows that having the right tools on hand is half the battle. And I am curious as to know the combination of spices you favour for your masks. If you are using something different from the priests, perhaps they can make a change to keep infections among the healers down. "

The physician's body language looks awkward, even though his bird mask covers any facial expression.

"Well...," he says, "I can't really authorise that, sorry."

The ifrit is not optimistic about he request being acquiesced to. Which is why he has an idea to see if he and Manachan can perhaps confer in secret. When the time seems right, he asks the physicians in the Celestial language, " Honestly, what do you think their chances of surviving this sickness are? "

"Say what?" says the physician. "I don't understand."

Kaodi

Hero
" Oh, my apologies, " says Ignatius. " I have sometimes found it is a boon to be able to discuss patients with fellow healers in a language unfamiliar to the patient. I suppose I just forgot that some languages tend not to be common even among learned people. " Leaning in towards the physician, he whispers, " What do you think their chances of surviving this sicknes is? "

Axel

First Post
Mhairi

Mhairi smiled shyly at Red's invitation and glanced away for a second or two. "Well, maybe. Why would I ever want to walk around in the sewers again though?"

This is going to take all night...by Calistria I am boooored...

Dr Simon

Explorer
"To be honest, very slight," says the physician, softly. He fiddles with something in the pocket of his long leather coat for a moment, then continues. "Whenever we find what we think is a cure, it works for a few patients and then stops working. Now, have you seen enough? We have work to do."

Above:

"Not just sewers," says Red. "Catacombs, secret tunnels, ancient crypts." He twitches his whiskers. "Very beautiful."

Kaodi

Hero
" Oh, yes, of course, " says Ignatius. He motions for Manachan to follow him and heads toward the door to the waiting room. " Thank you for your consideration thus far. "

Once they are in the waiting room and have retrieved their weapons, Ignatius asks Manchan:
[sblock=Celestial Language]" How do we act? "[/sblock]

Axel

First Post
Mhairi

Mhairi wrinkles her face in confusion and turns to look at Red. "Say what? Why would anyone build a city on top of all that crap? I thought it was just mud, water and sewers down there! Tell you what, Red. If you can help me get inside this building then I'll come see your crypts and catacombs. As long as there aren't any dead bodies in the crypts..." Mhairi shivered at the thought.

Turning back to the skylight, she saw Ignatius and Manachan were no longer in sight. She panicked. "They're gone! Did you see where they went?! Oh...crap! What do we do now?!"

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[sblock=OOC]Can I get a Sense Motive on the physician?

(Also, I apologize for the side trip - I know these take a while in PbP and can be frustrating for those waiting in the wings).[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases