Dr. Si's Curse of the Crimson Throne - Seven Days to the Grave

Kaodi

Hero
Ignatius looks to Manachan.
[sblock=Celestial]" Any thoughts? "[/sblock]

To Davaulus he says, " I suppose we can move on then. "

[sblock=OOC]Would it perhaps be better if I/we just used a distinct font when speaking in another language, rather that my sblocking it?[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[sblock=Celestial]"I don't like it . . . not at all. Trying experimental cures on those stricken with the blood-veil would, perhaps, be acceptable. But performing these experiments on un-affected citizens?"[/sblock]

A look of outrage blooms on Manachan's handsome features as he turns to the "good doctor."

"And from where, pray tell, did these citizens come? I mislike the this abuse of citizens unaffected by the plague, and believe that the Marshall would mislike it as well!

"Is she aware of the use to which you put these good people?"

Axel

First Post
Mhairi

[sblock=Mhairi]
Mhairi grinned as Red tried to resist. "Who says I'd be willing later?" She continued to tug at the ties to his pants, watching his face closely.
[/sblock]

ooc: Have a good holiday Neurotic. Promise not to try and kill Edmond. ;)

Re: language blocks. I like them in sblocks. I don't read sblocks that aren't addressed to me in some way, so it helps compartmentalise information.

Last edited:

Dr Simon

Explorer
Doctor Davaulus' sad smile looks almost like a smirk as he responds to Manachan.

"The Marshal? Her feelings on the matter are irrelevant. I am acting on direct orders from Queen Ileosa to solve the problem of this plague by any means necessary. The momentary discomfort of intransigents and Sczarni thugs is a regrettable but ultimately unimportant matter in the grand scheme of things."

OOC: Sorry about the slow response: new puppy demands attention!

Kaodi

Hero
" Unimportant? " asks the ifrit, eyes flashing with fire as realization dawns on him. " How is it unimportant that you treat people as animals to be tested upon as you wish? How is it, in the 'grand scheme of things' unimportant how we justify what we do? "

" Perhaps now would be a good time to explain such an unimportant detail as how your physicians' masks have been magically enchanted to protect specifically against the Red Veil, when you claim you do no not understand the disease very well. "

Dr Simon

Explorer
"I had hoped you were men of vision," says Davaulus sadly. "Consider this. Your Queen wants a perfect city. What better way to achieve perfection than to remove those elements of society that hold it back? The weak, the poor, the undesirables? Will you not help me in this wondrous endeavour?"

Last edited:

Kaodi

Hero
Ignatius grits his teeth and his eyes flare more brightly with inner fire. " Yes, Dr. Davaulus, we will join you in removing the weak of heart, the poor of spirit, and the most undesirable of men. " The ifrit reaches for his blessed morningstar, proclaiming " Defend yourself! "

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Manachan senses the Ifrit's mood - indeed, it mirrors his own closely. He rolls his shoulders, loosening his muscles in preparation for the contest to come. And now we're in it . . . let's hope we're correct! Even if not, I mislike this man. He is . . . broken.

He prepares his mind, taking his thoughts to that place where he's "stored" the language of his Celestial ancestors, and speaking the arcane words.

"Biotáilleacha a chosaint dom!"

[sblock=Actions]Cast Mage Armor (AC: 21)[/sblock]

Last edited:

Dr Simon

Explorer
"Assist me!" cries Dr. Davaulus, stepping back behind the physicians who draw unpleasant looking medical tools from within their long coats and advance menacingly. The doors behind burst open and the two Grey Maidens from the landing are there, swords and shields at the ready. From below comes the sound of running feet.

[sblock=Mhairi]
"Well... couldn't hurts," says Red as he sits back to enjoy. Then suddenly his whiskers twitch and he points to the skylight. "Something goings on, looks!" The Maidens and Physicians in the warehouse are moving to the northeast corner, including those on the gantry.
[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]

Initiative
Manachan
Mhairi
Ignatius
Davaulus
Maidens
Edmond
Red
Physicians

Manachan and Ignatius have fate on their side - for the duration iof this encounter they gain a +2 bonus to all Consitution-based rolls (so, that would be Fort saves and Concentration then...) and +10 temporary hit points. I'm giving Majenko's Harrow Choosing to Ignatius because, well, one of them is here and the other isn't!
[/sblock]

Attachments

• Hospice 11.jpg
    Hospice 11.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Manachan's moving even as the good doctor calls for aid. The nimble Aasimar bobs and weaves through the opposition, but they're ready for just such tactics and move quickly to prevent him from reaching his target.

[sblock=Actions]Attempt to close with Dr. Devaulus - unsuccessful, move stops and he provokes AoOs.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases