Dr. Si's Curse of the Crimson Throne - Seven Days to the Grave

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
AC 26 from Edmond's aid for the first attack (that is before Edmond focuses on offense) - we're following behind about 5 rounds of worth and going slowly (sneaking in armored kind a way :) )

Wererats!

Last edited:

Dr Simon

Explorer
Majenko and Dj'hân creep through the gap in the wall. The way underfoot is slick with slime, leading into a cavern. The little stream of sewage continues through the far wall through another man-sized tunnel.

The channel is surrounded by a growth of various fungi, except for the passage immediately to the north of the opening. Through this, Majenko can make out three rat-human hybrids and two huge rats. One of the hybrids is sat sharpening a shortsword, next to it is another feeding scraps to, and playing with, the two huge rats in the fashion of a human with dogs. The third looks like it is asleep on a nest of straw.

[sblock=OOC]
Dj'hân recgnises one of the mushrooms (marked X on the map) as a shrieker. Even a tiny creature such as himself or Majenko passing within 5 ft. will set it off.
Creatures 1-3 are the ratmen, 4 and 5 are the dire rats.
[/sblock]

Attachments

• Sewers 2.jpg
    Sewers 2.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 59

Ambrus

Explorer
Dj'hân directs a hurried thought to Majenko, who in turns freezes in place while hiding amidst some lichen covered bricks. Turning a saurian eye back the way he'd come in, the tiny dragon relays his impressions to Brindom. There are three ratmen and two giant rats in an alcove to the immediate left of the entryway. Don't make a sound; they're close enough to hear you three. There's no sign of mamusia in here. The stream enters through another man-sized opening in the far wall; maybe five or six paces from where you are. There are some fungus growing along the right-hand wall. Dj'hân says that a big purple capped one is a "shreakin-shroom"; stay at least two paces away from it or it'll sound an ear-piercing alarm. Dj'hân and I are going to sneak past these guys and go deeper in following the stream to try and find where mamusia is before you guys come in and make enough noise to let everyone know we're here. Okay?

OOC: If there are no objections, Majenko will do as he says; being careful to skirt around the shrieker while remaining stealthy.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
{{Majenko NO! Just draw their attention away for a moment. Make a splash or something as far away from us as you can. When you do we will come rushing in while they are distracted. Hurry we are on the way.}} Brindom thinks quickly to the little dragon.

"Be ready." Brindom whispers to Edmond over his shoulder.

[sblock=OOC] Ready action - Move in and turn left as soon as noise is heard. Total defense will be lost.
Free action - Tell Edmond and Manachan to stay away from the left wall as we enter the room. [/sblock]

Ambrus

Explorer
They already are distracted. Why do you want me to alert them by making noise? Just step in to the left if you want to surprise them.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"Let me first again. If the room is small enough I may be able to get them with one spell."

Edmond passes by Brindom and runs (as quietly as possible) to gain some surprise on the rats.

Before I finish the round I need to know two things:
1. Is that narrow gap enough to pass through and
2. Could I include all those nicely arrayed rats into Color Spray?

Dr Simon

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]
A Medium creature can fit through the gap to the left of the entrance (above Majenko, below #5 on the map), yes.

A person standing there would get 2,3,4 and 5 (i.e. two ratmen and both dire rats) in a colour spray.
[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Brindom let's the warrior by, but let's out his warning again. "Stay away from the left."

Following close the young cleric keeps close so as not to lose the spells effects on Edmond.

Dr Simon

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]
I'll resolve actions once Neurotic has confirmed that Edmond will cast the colour spray.
[/sblock]

Edmond steps forwards into the room, and a dazzling burst of colours sprays from the end of Deathwail. Both rats and one of the ratmen collapse to the ground with a shriek. Two ratmen remain in the room - one out of range of the spell, other throws his arm over his eyes just in time.

[sblock]
Ratmen #1 and #3 remain conscious.
Surprise round ends.

Initiative order
Manachan
Edmond
D'jhan
Ratmen
Majenko
Brindom
[/sblock]

Last edited: