HolyMan as Brindom Towar
Valthosian as Thorson Berith

Original IC thread here.

OOC Thread
Rogues Gallery

[sblock=Map of Korvosa]
Korvosa Beta 11.jpg
[/sblock]

The group have penetrated the Dead Warrens beneath Grey District in search of the body of Gaekhen, a young Shoanti brave. They have battled derro, stirges, necrophidii and the brutish ogrekin Cabbagehead, as well as the otyugh known as Thing. So far, they have managed to retrieve the lower half of Gaekhen - the rest of him lies elsewhere, perhaps with the elusive necromancer Rolth.

Dj'hân scouts ahead whilst the others rest from a fight with Cabbagehead, who was guarding a room full of pits. From one of them comes a plaintive cry for help.

Last edited:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"Thank you, Manachan, that's much better."

hearing the cry, stoic warrior takes his weapon and approaches the pit, careful for trechery.

OOC: full defense and weapon expertize :)

Dr Simon

Explorer
The pit is about ten foot deep, and stinks of human waste and decay. There are two human figures in it; one a wasted and ragged figure so emaciated and haggard that age and gender are difficult to determine. The other looks half-starved and scared but is in not such a bad state; a young woman looks up at you with hope in her eyes.

"Are... have you come to get us out?" she asks weakly.

Meanwhile, Dj'hân explores the tunnels. He finds the northward way blocked by a door. No sounmds can be heard from beyond but once again there is blue derro-light just visible under the door. The other tunnel is narrow and winding, and doesn't look like it has been used for a long time. Dj'hân has no problems fitting down it, and derro might be able to pass through, but there is no way the big folk could navigate it.

Attachments

• Dead Warrens Beta 22.jpg
    Dead Warrens Beta 22.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 702

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
"Of course we'll get you out - hold fast while we make preparations."

Manachan takes the rope from his pack and prepares to toss an end down.

"Is your companion able to help, or will we have to lift him unaided?"

Ambrus

Explorer
Curious about the narrow disused tunnel, Dj'hân continues to explore its length a little ways, his magical lantern carefully shrouded in his cupped hands.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Brindom keeps guard at the entrance way to the room watching down the hallway as far as he can. He occasional glance at the corpse of Cabbagehead, keeping an eye out incase the monster is not truly dead.

The aftermath of so much conflict has the young warrior on edge, and he wonders if he has the strength to make a difference in such a chaotic world. "Maybe not alone," he says to himself. "But with my friends we sure could."

Dr Simon

Explorer
The woman looks from Manachan down to the huddled figure beside her.

"Him? He don't remember his own name." She pokes the bundle of skin and bones that was once a healthy human. "Oi, Chuckles, rescuers." The man wearily raises his head. Looking up to Manachan, the woman responds "We might need some help."

Dj'hân continues down the unbranching corridor until the voices of his friends become faint. Ahead, the air is stirred by a cold, damp breeze.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
"Edmond, you are the stronger of the two of us. If you'll pull them up I'll anchor you." Manachan tosses one end of the rope down to the woman and hands the other to Edmond, then looks down at the woman again. "Tie this around his chest. You can help lift him from below while we pull him up. Then I'll toss the rope back down to you and we'll help you out as well."

Ambrus

Explorer
[sblock=Dr Simon]It seems that the tunnel Dj'hân is exploring likely empties out somewhere onto the riverfront. I don't know the distances involved, but if possible he'd like to quickly confirm that before doubling back to report.

Also, it might be my imagination, but it seems that there might be a small side tunnel branching away to the right in the upper secret tunnels that Majenko had been exploring. Is there anything there or is that just my imagination?
[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases