Dr. Si's Curse of the Crimson Throne - Seven Days to the Grave

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"Very well, open the door. You're the caster, give me instructions where to put 10 feet spread to get most of the guards. Do not threaten any of them unless they react to us. I'll try to get us all in before we have to engage."

OOC: as soon as the doors open, Edmond casts Hypnotic pattern in the air which fascinates
those affected. Will DC to resist: 14; without concentration, it will last 2 rounds, Edmond will maintain it only if all threats are fascinated...HAHA! max HD affected!

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
"There are two Maidens fairly near the door; you may be able to get both, but will surely have to move on into the room to do so. There are two others that you won't be able to affect. Otherwise, it's all physicians and victims."

Neurotic

"I'd rather get those above, less chance to affect patients, doctors probably don't represent viable threat and we have two maidens close and personal, rather then out of reach."

OOC: [MENTION=21938]Dr Simon[/MENTION], I just need line of sight, range is 150', shouldn't be an issue

Axel

First Post
Mhairi

Grasping the boys' intent, Mhairi gulped a little. It was one thing to thumb your nose at authority. Quite another to actively attack Royal guards.

"Red!" she called softly. "I'm coming back up. Give me a hand." she added, before beginning to scale the wall again.

Kaodi

Hero
Ignatius waits until everyone is in place. If it seems that no one inside is coming to investigate, he calls out, " In the name of the Queen, lay down your arms and surrender! " And if still no one comes out, he casts his spell of sanctuary and opens the door himself.

Dr Simon

Explorer
Ignatius opens the door and Edmond moves in, casting his spell at the Maidens up on the gantry. They are too far apart to catch both in the pattern of shifting colours and so he has to content himself with just the one. The Maidens and the Physicians are caught off-guard by this sudden intrusion and are slow to react, and Edmond is in action again before they have time to register what has happened.

[sblock=OOC]
Surprise round
Edmond casts hypnotic pattern on Maiden #4.
Ignatius casts Sanctuary.

Round One Initiative

Edmond (again)
Mhairi
Physicians
Maidens
Ignatius
Manachan
Red

Note also that this is Manachan's Harrow reading, so for the duration of the encounter he gains +10 temporary hit points and a +2 bonus to any Con-based roll (Fortitude saves and Concentration checks, basically).
[/sblock]

Attachments

• Hospice 4.jpg
    Hospice 4.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 49

Neurotic

Last edited:

Dr Simon

Explorer
OOC: 1-4 are maidens (3 and 4 on the gantry), 7-8 are physicians. I make it that the gantry is about 20 ft. apart, with 3 and 4 essentially patrolling left to right on their own level, so it is impossible to get both with a 10 ft. radius spell. However, I'm happy to adjudicate a different target if you wish to change statement of intent.

Neurotic

Maybe I'm infected with 4e? If I select the square in exact middle between 3 and 4 as the point of origin and count 10 feet (2 squares) up and down, I get both. Look at the grid, set 5x5 over it and you'll see. I don't mind if it's impossible, it's just that with current positions it looks feasible.

Also, if 1-4 are maidens and 7-8 physicians, what are 5 and 6? Or is it just a typo?

I wouldn't change the effect since below I cannot affect more then 1 maiden anyhow...unless 5 and 6 are also physicans in which case I can affect 5,6 and 7

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases