Dr. Si's Curse of the Crimson Throne - Seven Days to the Grave

Kaodi

Hero
Ignatius frowns and grips his shield tightly. " I was afraid of that, " he whispers. " It is too bad you do not speak the celestial language. We could all speak freely then I imagine. "

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
"Over, through or around. I'll make it to where I need to be one way or another. It seems to me there are several areas here into which the good Doctor does not wish us to peer too closely."

Dr Simon

Explorer
As IGnatius moves towards the stairs, Davaulus gives a poilte cough and moves quickly over to lead the way.

"Forgive me," he says smoothly, "I thought you'd want to search the warehouse area first. If you want to look upstairs it would be best if I went with you. There are some more Maidens on guard up there, you see, and we wouldn't want any more misunderstandings, would we?"

Last edited:

Kaodi

Hero
" My apologies for the confusion, Dr. Davaulus, " says the ifrit. " Of course we will have to search that part of the warehouse before we leave, but I think that for the moment we can accept your word that it is the less interesting part of the building. So, please, let us not delay any longer and head upstairs to examine your experiments and such. "

Dr Simon

Explorer
Davaulus leads the trio upstairs to a landing where two more Grey Maidens stand guard. At a nod from Davaulus they stand aside to allow access through the door behind them, which opens into a long attic room with more sickbeds. Two more Physicians move amongst the patients, glancing up as the group enters, and moving back, again at a gesture from Davaulus.

"The people in this ward are all Varisians," says Davaulus in his sad voice. "For some reason, members of that particular race demonstate greater immunity to the disease than others - we have had far fewer cases of Varisians with blood veil. We keep them isolated in this ward the better to study them." He glances around the group, his expression one of great sorrow. "If we can find out what the reason is, we may be able to learn more about how the disease works."

Kaodi

Hero
" Interesting, " says Ignatius. " We will have to keep that in mind. "

The ifrit observes carefully, to see if there is anything out of place.

" I plan on making use of my magic detecting capabilities momentarily, " says the ifrit, " So please do not be concerned by my spellcasting. "

Assuming their is no objection, he casts detect magic and begins looking around.

Last edited:

Dr Simon

Explorer
[sblock=Ignatius]
Dr. Davaulus is fairly well-tooled up, magically. He's got some kind of aura around him, but also it looks like he's got some magical equipment inside his long coat. The masks of the two physicians are also magical. There's nothing else in the room or on the Varisian patients that's magical.

The patients don't show any sign of blood veil, but they do bear many strange scars on their bodies, as well as bandages stained with fresh blood.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Mhairi]
Red hisses a sharp intake of breath as Mhairi touches him, then turns it into a wheezing laugh.

"Later," he says, giving her a squeeze on the rump. "Later."
[/sblock]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
[sblock=Vacation]
I'll be mostly offline for the next two weeks, I'll do my best to follow, but if I would hold up actions, NPC Edmond...in combat, if there is some serious trouble, quick cast True strike, full power attack with channeled shocking grasp for bucket loads of damage.

In normal combat, channel Touch of Fatigue and, when there is an opportunity for it, trip someone (like when he's two squares away and/or fighting behind companions)

Tank as needed.

Use Fascination (there are 3 more uses remaining for the day) if 3 or more can be caught within the effect.

Edmond has 20' teleport power that works equally well on himself and allies and enemies (Fort 14 to negate) - 1 per day only so use wisely

If Dr Simon doesn't object, Axel, Mowgli and Kaodi could run Edmond by consensus :)

[/sblock]

Edmond too concentrates and checks for magic aura, concentrating more on Dr Davalus, getting the feel for schools of magic, ignoring masks, since we already know they are weak necromancy.

As he steps into the room he surreptitiously casts Ghost Sound leaving it silent and inactive for the moment.

OOC: Are there any windows or skylights here ? Edmond would use Ghost sound to summon Red and Mhairi

Kaodi

Hero
" Dr. Davaulus, " says Ignatius, frowning, " If these Varisian patients have so far resisted the blood veil, then why are all these bandages stained with fresh blood? And what are caused all of those strange scars? "

Dr Simon

Explorer
[sblock=Edmond]
The doctor is wearing some kind of magical clothing or armour under his coat, and also bears a magical rapier hidden away, radiating moderate conjuration magic. Around his neck he weras an amulet radiating faint transmutation, and he's got a couple of vials in his pocket but Edmond can't make out the type of magic within them.
[/sblock]

"They are well, don't worry," says Davaulus. "But it's been necessary to conduct tests on them. For the good of the city, of course." He smiles his sad smile at Ignatius.

[sblock=OOC]
There are no windows or skylights to this room, only the two doors at each end. However, the ceiling of the room appears to be the roof of the building.

I have no objections to Edmond being run by (an)other player(s), it's easier for me. I was wondering if you wanted to change him to a Magus, which does much the same job but slightly more cleanly, but if you want to keep him as a duskblade I'm fine with that.
[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases