Dr. Si's Curse of the Crimson Throne - Seven Days to the Grave

Kaodi

Hero
[sblock=OOC]I was not aware that I was negotiating for anyone other than Manachan, who can fight with his hands, and Ignatius, who can fight with magic.[/sblock]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
[sblock=OOC]
[MENTION=1231]Kaodi[/MENTION]
I apologize, I realize it may have sounded worse then I intended...I assure you I didn't meant it as an insult or attack on your sanity :)

But, don't you think you shouldn't leave Edmond outside...and his magical repertoire is quite limited. Unless of course you think to be lead inside weaponless and then shout and open the door once the trouble starts.
[/sblock]

Kaodi

Hero
[sblock=OOC]I think it would look kind of sketchy at this point to say: " And hey, here, by the way, is our companion who has been lurking in the shadows. "

Also, I think both Manachan and Ignatius are worried more about reconnaisance right now than combat. IC, neither of them are probably going to inclined to start a fight unless they have some sort of proof of wrongdoing to begin with.[/sblock]

Dr Simon

Explorer
"Very well," says the Maiden. She opens the door and lets Manachan and Ignatius into a small waiting room. Stools line the walls and a desk stands on the far wall. A single door leads inwards.

"You will have to wait here," says the Maiden. She goes through the back door whilst her comrade stands guard in front of it. Shortly, a bird-masked doctor comes out of the door.

"Well?" he asks in a voice distorted by buzzing. With a shake of his head he lifts up the mask to reveal a plain-looking young man. "Well?" he repeats.

Attachments

• Hospice 2.jpg
    Hospice 2.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 44

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Edmond approaches the door as soon as it closes. He listens closely for the signs of immediate struggle.

Not hearing any commotion, he moves back into shadows and settles for long observation. He leans on the wall, occasionally crouching to keep his legs from getting stiff, but remains vigilant and ready to charge and break the door.

Kaodi

Hero
" Good Sir, " begins Ignatius, " My companion and I would merely like to observe your work, such that we can relay the best and most proper treatment of the disease back to the healers at the Great Temple, and to other places in the city where the Queen's Physicians have been spread thin. We shall not be any trouble, and if fact we have some skills in healing that we would be happy to lend you this night as well. "

Axel

First Post
Mhairi

Perched up on the roof, Mhairi began to get bored. It combined well with being cold, she noted. Need to do something to distract myself. Nothing to see here... "So, Red...what would you normally be doing on a night like tonight?"

Dr Simon

Explorer
The physician thinks for a moment.

"Alright," he says. "Welcome to the sickroom." Putting his bird mask back in place he passes through the inner door, gesturing for Manachan and Ignatius to follow. The Maiden, meanwhile, moves to the front door and bolts it.

Beyond the reception area the building opens out into a huge warehouse area full of beds, and each bed contains a person showing signs of Blood Veil. Dozens of them, possibly a hundred. Mostly asleep, peacefully or otherwise. There is a general stench of sickness and disinfectant and faint sounds of moaning. In the far right corner of the warehouse floor is an area given over as a kitchen. Three doors on the far side lead elsewhere.

There are four Queen's Physicians in the room, moving like crows in their bird masks between the rows of sick beds. The second Grey Maiden is on guard on the other side of the door, quickly joined by her sister from the waiting room. Overhead is a system of catwalks, and two other Grey Maidens patrol these.

The physician gestures to the sickbeds.

"See for yourself," he says.

Meanwhile:

Red twitches his whiskers and makes a strange chuckling sound.

"Best you don't knows," he says. Then points to the room below. Manachan and Ignatius have appeared in the warehouse. "Look, your friends are in."

Last edited:

Kaodi

Hero
" Ah, thank you, " says Ignatius. " If you do not mind, while I observe I may pray for guidance and good fortune in our efforts to stem the disease. " The ifrit is content to spend his time shadowing whichever physicians are administering actual treatment, using his magicsl guidance to improve the healing touch. And if the opportunity presents itself to follow one of the physicians into the adjoining rooms without arousing suspicion, he takes it.

Eight against four, well, I guess that is better than eight against two, if it comes to a fight, but I do not like those odds... Keep your eyes peeled, Ignatius.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Manachan also follows along, trailing a physician other than the one followed by Ignatius. As he observes, the Aasimar is also watching for signs that this "sick house" is more than it seems on the surface.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases