Dr. Si's Curse of the Crimson Throne - Seven Days to the Grave

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Erm, why did you put +1 to AC? If total defense is always more effective then weapon expertize what's the function of it? I know I can attack with penalty, but it doesn't make much difference until 8th or even 12th level?

I know he would have hit Edmond even with +4...I'm just interested...and yes, bad round. I must be only caster who regularly fails will saves and only warrior who fails Fort saves :) Problem with dubbling in things :)

Dr Simon

Explorer
OOC: Brindom's Shield Other spell includes a +1 deflection bonus to AC and a +1 resistance bonus to saves. Combat Expertise has been nerfed a bit in Pathfinder, I guess it mainly serves as a route into the feat tree. I think they did something similar with Power Attack as well.

Neurotic

OOC: No problem, I was just wondering since I stated taking full defense, why that wasn't +4...I thought +1 was from defensive stance

Dr Simon

Explorer
Manachan darts forwards and grabs at the legs of the flying derro, but the little creature wriggles and kicks away his hands. However, this causes enough of a distraction that both aasimar and derro look up suddenly to see the half-orc charging at them, axe raised.

He smashes the axe into the derro and slices it in two. Manachan is liberally sprayed with derro blood, and the two gory pieces splatter to the ground with a wet slap.

[sblock=ooc]
Manachan: Grapple attempt. This uses CMB (+1), +2 for feat. 7+3=10, fails against derro's CMD.

Thorson: Axe charge. 20+5+2=27. Critical confirm = 15+2+7=24. Critical hit for 3x 1d12+12 = 61 points of damage (!).

Brindom's channel (2d6) heals 4 points to all present (although the derro is too far dead to benefit).

Re: Edmond fighting defensively, it is my understanding that this would start on your initiative count and last one round; as Thorson attacked before Edmond's initiative he wasn't yet in the defensive posture.
[/sblock]

Ambrus

Explorer
Startled at the sight of such a grisly demise, Dj'hân screams in fright and quickly slaps his hands over his eyes. The air in the room suddenly grows still and the urchin falls unceremoniously to the ground with a dull thud.

OOC: That was certainly a, uh, dramatic return for Thorson...

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=OOC] Ewww... glad he is on our side. :p [/sblock]

Brindom rushes to Edmond's side to see if there is anything he can do for him. Bending down he says "Edmond, that half-orc just cut the derro in half, and Dj'hân is down. We need to get away from that beast." he says while grabbing the warrior by the arm and trying to pull him back down the hall.

[sblock=OOC2]This may be bad Brindom and Manachan don't know the half-orc. Gulp!! I can't take 61 points of damage!!![/sblock]

Last edited:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Re: Edmond fighting defensively, it is my understanding that this would start on your initiative count and last one round; as Thorson attacked before Edmond's initiative he wasn't yet in the defensive posture.

[sblock=OOC]It's even worse - until a chaacter has taken an action in a combat, they're flat-footed. (Can't remember if Edmond had acted in that fight or not).

BTW, I'm going snowboarding in Utah 'till Monday! Back on the boards Tuesday. Please NPC me as needed![/sblock]

Valthosian

First Post
Thorson

After the half-orc's axe finished cleaving its way through the Derro and his somewhat matching halves fall to the ground, unbound by levitation, Thorson flicks the weapon almost casually, spraying the excess blood from the weapon where it falls, unnoticed amidst the overwhelming gore of the departed necromancer. His shoulders rise and fall powerfully and his shockingly loud panting demonstrates the exertion that going into a rage takes upon a berserker. After a long pause he turns to the rest of the party and they can clearly see that the light of madness is gone from his eyes and his expression is... confused. And then his gaze falls upon the halfling and a faint smile creases his face.
Oops, I did it again. He turns to Edmond. Edmond... what in Gorum's name are you doing here? He looks around the chamber a moment longer. Where in the 9 hells am I and what's going on?

Last edited:

Ambrus

Explorer
Dj'hân rolls into a sitting position, his little hands still firmly covering his eyes, and tries to quiet his sobbing. He attempts to speak clearly in spite of his quivering lip. "T-this i-is t-the Bone S-s-setter's lair. We're in s-some old i-icky P-Pharasman c-catacombs beneath t-the G-Grey District." *sniff* "T-t-that... guy y-you just... c-cut down w-was t-the B-B-Bone Setter; a n-n-n-necro m-m-mancer..." *sniff* "He w-was a d-derro; c-crazy blue m-men who s-snatch p-people out of th-their beds at n-night, drag em o-off and d-do... stuff to em." The urchin vaguely motions towards the worktable with an elbow to indicate the amalgamation of sewn together humanoid body parts as an example of "stuff". "W-we c-came d-down here c-cuz the Marshall Lady a-asked us t-to come and find a sh-shoanti who w-was t-taken away b-by the d-derro. W-we f-found h-h-half of em..." *sniff* "...back with a d-drek eater. N-now wh-where here l-looking f-for the other h-h-half and th-the B-Bone S-Setter." *sniff* "And h-here y-you are Mr. Giant..." *sniff*

Neurotic

"It's alright Brindom. This is former companion of ours, Thorson. He was just, well, charmed by pretty blue men. Can you do something about my eyes?"

"I'd say it's good to see you again, Thorson, but I cannot. I see you still have strength to fell down a tree with one blow."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases