Dr. Si's Curse of the Crimson Throne - Seven Days to the Grave

Dr Simon

Explorer
OOC: Sorry for the delay folks, I spent the end of last week getting rid of some spyware that dared to try to infect my computer.

IC:
In the end, the escape is simple. Majenko takes Trinia by magic hat to the Days Ride Inn, whilst the larger humans take the main road. Depsite Brindom's worries about riding, there is only the one horse and so it makes as much sense simply to lead it and travel by foot. You stay overnight, just in case anyone tries to intercept Trinia (and because it is easier than travelling back by night), but she leaves for Harse in the morning with a clear road ahead of her, wishing you well, thanking you for your help and apologising for being a burden.

The next day, you return to Korvosa, reporting to Vencarlo.

"Good," he says, looking somewhat relieved. "That's one less thing to worry about. I think it best if we keep a low profile for the moment. If you need to contact me urgently, send Dj'hân or Majenko, they're a bit less conspicuous than, say, Master Thorson here." he adds with a grin.

Returning to Edmond's house Kester is waiting, agitated.

"A couple of the littlers have took sick," he says. "I sent for one of your priest mates, but he said he's too busy to come. And he said if you come back, to go and see him straight away at the Pantheon. And bring some friends."

[sblock=OOC]
Whilst travelling through the city, on the way out and the return journey, Manachan, Brindom and Thorson in particular notice a number of beggars near the gates, all showing the same signs of the illness that young Brienna had, with the coughing and the red rash across the face.
[/sblock]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"Not good. And I'll be sure to give that priest one over for dismissing you like that."

He turns toward his companions
"So, it seems Korvosa will own big deal to Varisians if that thing goes wild. Brindom, how much that healing of yours affected the outcome at Brienna's? Is there anything special you and mamusia did that could mean the difference? Think on it, we may depend on it."

Ambrus

Explorer
She leaves for Harse in the morning with a clear road ahead of her, wishing you well, thanking you for your help and apologising for being a burden.
Dj'hân watches impassively as the girl rides off. "I got a bad feeling that we'll be seeing her again."

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"I don't think I did anything against that disease myself Edmond." Brindom replies worry showing on his face. "I only helped Brienna be better able to fight against it herself. A more capable priest should be able to cure the disease directly, so why aren't they?"

Neurotic

"Too many sick? Even competent priest can heal only handful of people a day and they can get reinfected in minutes. What is needed is real cure that helps people fight off the disease."

Dr Simon

Explorer
The group heads down to the Pantheon, noting more people showing signs of the disease as you go. At the temple, there is mayhem.

The Pantheon is a circular, domed building made of white stone, a shining light in the city where clerics of most of the civilised gods (barring Abadar, Asmodeus and Pharasma, who have their own temples) gather to worship.

The carved wooden doors are closed, and group of harassed looking temple guards stand outside, holding their spears horizontally as a makeshift barrier. They are almost crushed by a throng of people clamouring for access, many of them showing signs of the disease. Most are dressed in the clothes of the working folk of Korvosa, but a few merchant's silks can be seem in the crowd.

To get to the temple will require getting through this anxious (and contaminated) crowd somehow.

[sblock=OOC]
Forgot to mention, for saving Brienna, you get 200xp each. Brindom and Manachan get and extra 100xp.
[/sblock]

Ambrus

Explorer
Dj'hân grows visibly nervous at the sight of the bustling crowd of desperate souls, eventually seeking the security of the interior of Edmond's backpack. The urchin's voice echoes up from its darkened depths. "Majenko and me can get inside through an open window or louver if ya want."

[sblock=OOC]Thanks for the xp Doc. Though did we receive any for aiding and abetting our dim fugitive's escape from the executioner's axe?[/sblock]

Neurotic

"I have no patience for those cowards. They don't help anyone, worry only about themselves and obstruct those that could help if given peace. I say we walk through. I can cause minor quake that will make most of them fall down. I'm open to less forcefull approach however. Maybe Dj'ahn and Majenko can find children's teacher...erm...Ruennor...yes. Let him know we can help if he can let us in?"

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"Maybe if we let him know about Brienna," Brindom comments to Edmond. "If we can let him know we have helped someone already once maybe they will let us in."

Dr Simon

Explorer
Dj'hân and Majenko are able to fly in through a clerestory window below the cupola of the Pantheon and relay Edmond's message. To the others outside, a long time seems to pass before the door opens a crack behind the temple guards and Prelate Julius pokes his head out. He looks around and then spots the three men stood behind the crowd.

"Edmond!" he calls over the hubbub of the crowd. "Can you get through? I need to speak with you."

[sblock=OOC]
Re: XP for Trinia's rescue, I think another 200xp each, 300 to Dj'hân, Majenko and Edmond.
[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases