Dr. Si's Curse of the Crimson Throne - Seven Days to the Grave

Kaodi

Hero
" My companion and I, " says Ignatius, gesturing towards Manachan, " were merely hoping we could observe the techniques of the Queen's Physicians in treating the disease. I am something of a healer myself, and I thought that with their guidance I could lend a hand in stemming the tide of its spread. "

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
ManachanAingealiEWHeadShot.png

Manachan leans in slightly as he speaks in support of Ignatius. "And I learned somewhat of the healing arts in my Monastery. We are working to succor those still on the streets who've been taken by the disease, and could use the insights we could gain from observing your physicians."

OOC: Sorry - Got a crappy roll (as usual) so I was only able to bump your check by 2. Still, a 27 ain't half bad . . .

Axel

First Post
Mhairi

Perched on the roof like a gargoyle, Mhairi ensures the skylight is unlocked and able to be readily opened should she need to duck inside quickly while Red keeps an eye on the Grey Maidens again.

"Any time they're all looking the other way, tell me and I'm going in, Red," she says, studying the area immediately below for how far off the catwalks she is and any other obstacles in the way. "I might have to just jump and roll. If I do, cover me with the crossbow."

Dr Simon

Explorer
"There's no-one here can help you at the moment, Citizens," says the Grey Maiden. "Come back tomorrow." She moves to close the door again.

[sblock=Manachan]
There is a brief hesitation before the Maiden speaks; she's either unsure she's doing the right thing or she's lying outright.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Mhairi]
You reckon about 20 ft. down to the catwalk, a difficult but possible drop.
[/sblock]

Axel

First Post
Mhairi

With a way in identified, Mhairi continues to crouch and observe. "Red, if they look away long enough just lift the skylight. I'll drop right in."

Kaodi

Hero
" If we are able to help, would it not be better for us to come in presently and observe before the morning rush when things are likely to get a little crazy? " asks Ignatius.

[sblock=OOC]I apologize if everyone has been waiting for me. I sort of expected Manachan might have something to do or say based on whatever that message says, but after six days since the last post, I am guessing that is not the case.[/sblock]

Dr Simon

Explorer
"Well...," says the Maiden. "Perhaps, Citizen, but there is only the night-shift here. Come back tomorrow and make an appointment to see Doctor Devaulus."

[sblock=OOC]
I should point out how I tend to run persuasion attempts - I tend to shift attitude step by step, rather than allow a single good roll to move a character from Hostile to Friendly in one step. Also, with Sense Motive I will often roll secretly and then dole out hints in the narrative, unless anyone specifically asks or states that their character is looking for a specific reaction.

Also, some NPCs have "hot buttons"; topics or areas that, if mentioned IC, will grant a bonus or penalty, or outright success or fail, on any interpersonal rolls. I've found it allows for a good mix of player input, but also I believe that if a player has created a character with a good Diplomacy score, that ought to count for something.

Just so you know!
[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[sblock=OOC]Sorry about that - when I first read the post I was trying to figure out a way to get the info to Ignatius without tipping our hand, then ran out of time and forgot what I was doing.[/sblock]

Manachan moves forward slightly and rests a hand on Ignatius' shoulder. He speaks softly to the Gray Maiden, but allows a note of urgency to enter his voice as well. As he speaks certain words, he gives Ignatius' shoulder a slight squeeze.

"We understand your position . . . we know firsthand how difficult it is to watch this disease take the lives of citizens and to know that nothing we're doing seems to help. But by morning more lives in our care will have been lost as well. We'll speak with Dr. Devaulus, but couldn't we come in and observe a bit tonight as well?"

[sblock=OOC]OK, trying to do a couple of things at once here - both persuade the Gray Maiden and pass a message to Ignatius.

If we've heard the name Dr. Devaulus before - which I honestly can't remember and don't have time this morning to go back through the thread and seee - the message will be moot.

The message for Ignatius is just to stress the importance of having the name and to let him know that he can decide whether or not to break off this operation now that we have that information. This woman seems sincere to Manachan; between that and his LG alignment he's having serious doubts about carrying on when this could lead to direct action against folks honestly trying to end the plague. I think I got enough words in the spoken message to emphasize the right ones and get the gist of this across.

Hopefully I hit enough "hot buttons" to get a bonus on the Diplomacy as well.

Bluff (Secret Message for Ignatius) - 1d20+8=20
Diplomacy (vs. Gray Maiden) - 1d20+6=11[/sblock]

Kaodi

Hero
" Yes, you can trust in our shared loyalty to Queen and City that we will give you no trouble. If it would ease your mind, we would be happy to leave our armaments at the door in your care, " says Ignatius.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
OOC: [MENTION=1231]Kaodi[/MENTION], are you crazy? How would we fight with leaving armaments at the door!?

[MENTION=29558]Mowgli[/MENTION], Dr. Davalus is chief honcho among the doctors...he's the one that was introduced to us at the city guard gathering and he currently (I think) advises the Queen herself - or at least, she listens enough to him to give Gray Maidens rights of policing the city

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases