Dr. Si's Curse of the Crimson Throne - Seven Days to the Grave - Page 102





+ Log in or register to post
Page 102 of 171 FirstFirst ... 2 52 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 152 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1701
  1. #1011
    Registered User
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)



    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Napanee, Ontario
    Posts
    5,305
    Blog Entries
    1

    Ignore Kaodi
    OOC
    I was not aware that I was negotiating for anyone other than Manachan, who can fight with his hands, and Ignatius, who can fight with magic.
    -Kaodi

    Good name in man and woman, dear my lord,
    Is the immediate jewel of their souls.
    Who steals my purse steals trash; 'tis something, nothing;
    'Twas mine, 'tis his, and has been slave to thousands;
    But he that filches from me my good name
    Robs me of that which not enriches him
    And makes me poor indeed.

    -Iago, Shakespeare's Othello, Act III. Scene III. Lines 180-186.

 

  • #1012
    the peaceful
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    Neurotic's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Zagreb, Croatia
    Posts
    5,041

    Ignore Neurotic
    OOC

    @Kaodi
    I apologize, I realize it may have sounded worse then I intended...I assure you I didn't meant it as an insult or attack on your sanity

    But, don't you think you shouldn't leave Edmond outside...and his magical repertoire is quite limited. Unless of course you think to be lead inside weaponless and then shout and open the door once the trouble starts.

  • #1013
    Registered User
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)



    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Napanee, Ontario
    Posts
    5,305
    Blog Entries
    1

    Ignore Kaodi
    OOC
    I think it would look kind of sketchy at this point to say: " And hey, here, by the way, is our companion who has been lurking in the shadows. "

    Also, I think both Manachan and Ignatius are worried more about reconnaisance right now than combat. IC, neither of them are probably going to inclined to start a fight unless they have some sort of proof of wrongdoing to begin with.
    -Kaodi

    Good name in man and woman, dear my lord,
    Is the immediate jewel of their souls.
    Who steals my purse steals trash; 'tis something, nothing;
    'Twas mine, 'tis his, and has been slave to thousands;
    But he that filches from me my good name
    Robs me of that which not enriches him
    And makes me poor indeed.

    -Iago, Shakespeare's Othello, Act III. Scene III. Lines 180-186.

  • #1014
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Dr Simon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    4,570
    Blog Entries
    47

    Ignore Dr Simon
    "Very well," says the Maiden. She opens the door and lets Manachan and Ignatius into a small waiting room. Stools line the walls and a desk stands on the far wall. A single door leads inwards.

    "You will have to wait here," says the Maiden. She goes through the back door whilst her comrade stands guard in front of it. Shortly, a bird-masked doctor comes out of the door.

    "Well?" he asks in a voice distorted by buzzing. With a shake of his head he lifts up the mask to reveal a plain-looking young man. "Well?" he repeats.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Hospice 2.jpg  
    New from The Lazy GM: Freaks and Horrors. Pre-gen Pathfinder stats for forty monsters, classic and bizarre.
    The Lazy GM Series. Pre-generated monster stats for the discerning adventurer.
    The World of Conclave. Innovative (and free) webworld for d20.
    White Dwarf: The First 100 Issues
    Play By Post Links

  • #1015
    the peaceful
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    Neurotic's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Zagreb, Croatia
    Posts
    5,041

    Ignore Neurotic
    Edmond approaches the door as soon as it closes. He listens closely for the signs of immediate struggle.

    Not hearing any commotion, he moves back into shadows and settles for long observation. He leans on the wall, occasionally crouching to keep his legs from getting stiff, but remains vigilant and ready to charge and break the door.

  • #1016
    Registered User
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)



    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Napanee, Ontario
    Posts
    5,305
    Blog Entries
    1

    Ignore Kaodi
    " Good Sir, " begins Ignatius, " My companion and I would merely like to observe your work, such that we can relay the best and most proper treatment of the disease back to the healers at the Great Temple, and to other places in the city where the Queen's Physicians have been spread thin. We shall not be any trouble, and if fact we have some skills in healing that we would be happy to lend you this night as well. "
    -Kaodi

    Good name in man and woman, dear my lord,
    Is the immediate jewel of their souls.
    Who steals my purse steals trash; 'tis something, nothing;
    'Twas mine, 'tis his, and has been slave to thousands;
    But he that filches from me my good name
    Robs me of that which not enriches him
    And makes me poor indeed.

    -Iago, Shakespeare's Othello, Act III. Scene III. Lines 180-186.

  • #1017
    Registered User
    Scout (Lvl 6)



    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Perth, Western Australia
    Posts
    1,229
    Gygax Memorial Fund

    Ignore Axel

    Mhairi

    Perched up on the roof, Mhairi began to get bored. It combined well with being cold, she noted. Need to do something to distract myself. Nothing to see here... "So, Red...what would you normally be doing on a night like tonight?"

  • #1018
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Dr Simon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    4,570
    Blog Entries
    47

    Ignore Dr Simon
    The physician thinks for a moment.

    "Alright," he says. "Welcome to the sickroom." Putting his bird mask back in place he passes through the inner door, gesturing for Manachan and Ignatius to follow. The Maiden, meanwhile, moves to the front door and bolts it.

    Beyond the reception area the building opens out into a huge warehouse area full of beds, and each bed contains a person showing signs of Blood Veil. Dozens of them, possibly a hundred. Mostly asleep, peacefully or otherwise. There is a general stench of sickness and disinfectant and faint sounds of moaning. In the far right corner of the warehouse floor is an area given over as a kitchen. Three doors on the far side lead elsewhere.

    There are four Queen's Physicians in the room, moving like crows in their bird masks between the rows of sick beds. The second Grey Maiden is on guard on the other side of the door, quickly joined by her sister from the waiting room. Overhead is a system of catwalks, and two other Grey Maidens patrol these.

    The physician gestures to the sickbeds.

    "See for yourself," he says.

    Meanwhile:

    Red twitches his whiskers and makes a strange chuckling sound.

    "Best you don't knows," he says. Then points to the room below. Manachan and Ignatius have appeared in the warehouse. "Look, your friends are in."
    Last edited by Dr Simon; Friday, 4th May, 2012 at 01:00 PM.
    New from The Lazy GM: Freaks and Horrors. Pre-gen Pathfinder stats for forty monsters, classic and bizarre.
    The Lazy GM Series. Pre-generated monster stats for the discerning adventurer.
    The World of Conclave. Innovative (and free) webworld for d20.
    White Dwarf: The First 100 Issues
    Play By Post Links

  • #1019
    Registered User
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)



    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Napanee, Ontario
    Posts
    5,305
    Blog Entries
    1

    Ignore Kaodi
    " Ah, thank you, " says Ignatius. " If you do not mind, while I observe I may pray for guidance and good fortune in our efforts to stem the disease. " The ifrit is content to spend his time shadowing whichever physicians are administering actual treatment, using his magicsl guidance to improve the healing touch. And if the opportunity presents itself to follow one of the physicians into the adjoining rooms without arousing suspicion, he takes it.

    Eight against four, well, I guess that is better than eight against two, if it comes to a fight, but I do not like those odds... Keep your eyes peeled, Ignatius.
    -Kaodi

    Good name in man and woman, dear my lord,
    Is the immediate jewel of their souls.
    Who steals my purse steals trash; 'tis something, nothing;
    'Twas mine, 'tis his, and has been slave to thousands;
    But he that filches from me my good name
    Robs me of that which not enriches him
    And makes me poor indeed.

    -Iago, Shakespeare's Othello, Act III. Scene III. Lines 180-186.

  • #1020
    Na Bith Mo Riocht T! COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Lama (Lvl 13)

    Mowgli's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Jonesboro, AR
    Posts
    12,173

    Ignore Mowgli
    Manachan also follows along, trailing a physician other than the one followed by Ignatius. As he observes, the Aasimar is also watching for signs that this "sick house" is more than it seems on the surface.
    "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
    -- H.L. Mencken



    Legacy of Fire
    OOC IC

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 102 of 171 FirstFirst ... 2 52 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 152 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Dr. Si's Curse of the Crimson Throne OOC
      By Dr Simon in forum Talking the Talk
      Replies: 1101
      Last Post: Sunday, 27th July, 2014, 02:38 AM
    2. Curse of the Crimson Throne
      By mxyzplk in forum Story Hour
      Replies: 21
      Last Post: Sunday, 4th October, 2009, 03:08 AM
    3. Malvoisin's Curse of the Crimson Throne (OOC)
      By Malvoisin in forum Talking the Talk
      Replies: 397
      Last Post: Tuesday, 7th April, 2009, 06:11 AM
    4. Curse of the Crimson Throne Conversion
      By ArchAnjel in forum D&D and Pathfinder
      Replies: 3
      Last Post: Sunday, 20th July, 2008, 10:07 PM
    5. Malvoisin's Curse of the Crimson Throne (RG)
      By Malvoisin in forum RPGs & Tabletop Gaming Discussion
      Replies: 9
      Last Post: Friday, 29th February, 2008, 05:45 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •