Dr. Si's Curse of the Crimson Throne - Seven Days to the Grave

Dr Simon

Explorer
"They wents back through that door," says Red, pointing out the door that Manachan and Ignatius entered by. A Grey Maiden stands in front of it. "Thinks they may be comings out again." He scratches the side of his ratty snout. "Korvosa, she's an old city," he says. "Built on top of Shoanti ruins, and they says there are Thassilonians ruins under them. When they builds a new bit, it's over the top of the old, and on top of that, and on top of that. And the old stuffs gets forgotten."

[sblock=Manachan]
The mask makes it hard to read the physicians, but from speech and body language they are definitely hiding something. They don't seem that concerned with the sick, either. Any ministrations that you saw whilst in there were perfunctory at most.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[sblock=Ignatius, in Celestial]"They're hiding something, and they don't seem worried at all about the plague victims. I say we get on our way out, whistle up Edmond and the others when they open the door, and demand to know what they're hiding. If they refuse or if they attack, I'd be fine with making our case in a more . . . physical way."[/sblock]

Kaodi

Hero
[sblock=Celestial]" Yes, that might be for the best. They did seem to give the impression that there would be more of them in the morning. And, as well, if they are up to something nefarious, I am not sure I want to be stuck on the outside trying to break in at that time. "[/sblock]

With that said, Ignatius secures his shield in place, and makes sure he has everything he left behind. He motions to Manachan to get the door, and prepares himself to run interference at least until Edmund is in, standing in front of the door leading further into the main area of the warehouse.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Manachan collects his bata, securing them to their strap across his back, then opens the door as though to usher Ignatius through. At the last moment, as his new friend turns to guard, the sorcerer whistles loudly and calls, "EDMUND! You're needed inside! Bring the others as well!"

Axel

First Post
Mhairi

"Are you sure" Mhairi blurted, before darting over to the edge to see if the two were visible outside the building.

"I don't see them. Maybe I should go in and see."

At that moment, she hears Manachan calling and heaves a huge sigh of relief before slithering down the wall quicker than is really safe - everything about old Korvosa forgotten in an instant.

"Glad to see you guys are alright. I lost sight of you at the end and worried! What's going on in there? It looks more like an orphanage than anything/"

Last edited:

Kaodi

Hero
The ifrit oracle turns himself towards the door and readies himself to invoke a spell of sanctuary as soon as soon as one of those inside tries to open the door.

I hope my best impression of a wall is enough to hold them back while we regroup...

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Edmond rushes at first call, grateful for his harsh training and Irori's will that helped him maintain his focus through waiting.

"What's up? Going in?"

[MENTION=93196]Axel[/MENTION], wasn't the idea for you to stay up and sneak shoot few maidens from above?

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
"Going in. There's something not right here; the physicians hardly seem to care about the victims, and they're definitely hiding something from us. But we've not been offered any violence so far."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases