Dr. Si's Curse of the Crimson Throne - Seven Days to the Grave

Dr Simon

Explorer
OOC: I think you're thinking of 4e; see attached image for my take on the size - a 10ft. radius circle from a point origin. You can just about affect both Maidens, I'm not too concerned either way so I'm happy to say that both can be affected. However, they also both make their saving throws!

Sorry, yes, typo. Should be 5-8 are Physicians, 1-4 are Maidens.

Attachments

• Hospice 5.jpg
    Hospice 5.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 40

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Sorry, forgot that I'm on again in the discussion. [MENTION=21938]Dr Simon[/MENTION], I don't have my combat maneuver roll written, I used BAB +STR +weapon as if I was making normal attack with +2 combat advantage - which is actually wrong, since it's flat footed :(

Edmond moves into the room making room for his friends and attempts to hamper The Maiden most likely to go for help without harming her.

Deathwail whispers through the air carrying the spell of great fatigue.

Trip attack vs #1 with channeled touch of fatigue (1d20+11+2=20) - Fort DC 12 or Fatigued

Dr Simon

Explorer
Edmond moves into the room and knocks the further Maiden from her feet. As she falls to the ground, there's no obvious sign whether his spell also took effect, but it doesn't feel like it.

[sblock=OOC]

Next up Mhairi.

Neurotic, FYI, You CMB is base attack + Str bonus, and modifiers due to magic weapons, bless spells and other advantage etc. apply. You also get a +2 bonus because Edmond has Improved Trip, so the roll is fine as it is (Combat Advantage? Guess you've been playing a lot of 4e recently?).

Maiden #1 is prone.
[/sblock]

Axel

First Post
Mhairi

Grabbing her small crossbow off the roof, Mhairi gestured to Red in great anxiety. "Open the skylight, they're going in!" she squealed, helping out with one hand as best she could.

[sblock=ooc]
Figure it's close to a full round action to assist opening the skylight as well as picking up the hand crossbow.

If it's not, she delays in any case. Call it reluctance on her part to use lethal force when she's not in danger.
[/sblock]

Dr Simon

Explorer
The Maiden on the ground raises her shield to fend off further attacks. The one near the door draws her sword and steps forwards, keeping one eye on Edmond and one on the doorway. There is a creak of bowstrings from above as the two Maidens on the gantry take a bead on Edmond.

Meanwhile the Physicians make subtle hand gestures to one another and move carefully forwards, eerily silent. The reach into the pockets of their long overcoats, drawing out some nasty-looking blades that could be surgical tools of some kind.

"Drop your weapon Citizen," says the Maiden nearest the door. "We are authorised to use lethal force."

[sblock=OOC]
Next up:
Ignatius
Manachan
[/sblock]

Attachments

• Hospice 6.jpg
    Hospice 6.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 40

Kaodi

Hero
[sblock=Celestial Language]" Manachan, I will try and hold the door. You must reach Edmond's side. "[/sblock]
Ignatius says a blessing of the Sarenrae, and then the ifrit steps back into the warehouse, right in between the Maiden and the physician flanking it. Let us hope my prayer is enough to keep them at bay.

Fearing that his curse might already be engaged, he attempts to speak nevertheless. " As servants of the Queen, we too are authorized to use lethal force, " he says, raising his voice. " You may either submit to us and a search of these premises, or I am afraid we will have to act under the assumption that you have betrayed Korvosa and are in league with those who have brought this sickness upon the city. "

[sblock=OOC]I cast bless, and then take a 5' step through the doorway.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Dr Simon

Explorer
"We take orders directly from Sabina Marrin herself," says the Maiden, namechecking Queen Ileosa's personal bodyguard, "and we are tasked with guarding the Queen's Physicians. Interfering with the duties of the Physicians is a capital offence." Her sword doesn't waver, but neither does she move from guard to attack. The Physiciians, however, continue to inch forwards.

Meanwhile on the roof, Red helps Mhairi open the skylight and readies a rope, in case. They go un-noticed.

[sblock=OOC]
Rolled Stealth for Mhairi and Red (assuming he's Aiding her) - got a 20 for both of them.

I always assume that characters don't actually move like chess pieces in combat - move, stop, attack, but that actions are continuous over the course oft he round. Thus the Physicians are moving forwards but this is just part of their movement from their specific action. In case anyone thought I was acting out of turn, which I'm sure you didn't. ;)

Next up:
[MENTION=29558]Mowgli[/MENTION] - Manachan and then we're back round to
[MENTION=24380]Neurotic[/MENTION] - Edmond
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Arcane warrior turns sideways to see those approaching him, but remains close the the door. (move up and left 5' step)

Edmond focuses again his arcane attunement and produces once more fascinating patterns of light.

"We're here at the order of The Queen. All doctors actions are to be validated and everyone must submit to evaluation. You denied the request of our doctors to see what is going on. Lay down your weapons and no one will be harmed. I apologize for not informing you, but there was some question of being discreet enough and keeping these evaluations secret while in such proximity to the doctors. You may later ask explanation from Marshal Kroft, Lady Marrin and Her Majesty, may she rule wisely."

Edmonds monotone voice does not interrupt the effect of the pattern, not bringing attention to him.

OOC: another hypnotic pattern, this one so that 1,2,5 and 8 (lowest levels and closest first) are caught within while Edmond is just out of the effect. Unfortunately, monk and priest will enter the area, but hopefully are too high a level to be affected after these four.

Hypnotic pattern HD affected (2d4+5=10) - Will DC 14

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases