Dr. Si's Curse of the Crimson Throne - Seven Days to the Grave

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Manachan reacts quickly, letting fly a bolt of Celestial Fire (Ranged Touch +3 for 1d6+3 Damage) at the foul creature.

[sblock=Dr. Simon]Not sure if Mage Armor is still in effect - it's duration is long and I've lost track of actual time spent down here. If it is in effect, his AC will be 20 (16T/17FF).[/sblock]

[sblock=Stat Block]
Code:
   HP: 28/33     AC: 16  AC(T): 16  AC(FF): 13  Init: +06

Total  Base   Mod  Misc   Special
Fort:            04     3     +1          Resist (5) Acid, Cold, Electricity
Ref:             05     3     +2          
Will:            08     5     +3          

BAB: 01       CMB:+01     CMD: 13

Weapon                  Attack    Damage      Critical     Special
Empty Hand              +3        1d6            20/x2     +2 Flurry of Blows
Nunchaku                +3        1d6            20/x2     +2 Flurry of Blows
                                                           +2 CMB Disarms
Crossbow (Heavy)        +3        1d10        19-20/x2     

Celestial Bloodline Powers:
    * Heavenly Fire: 1d6+3 Ranged Touch Attack (30') (3/7 per Day)
        (Damage vs. Evil, Heal Good 1/Day Each)

Spells:
    Cantrips                    First Level (2/4 per Day)
    * Prestidigitation          * Chill Touch
    * Read Magic                * Mage Armor
    * Resistance
    * Touch of Fatigue
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Valthosian

First Post
Thorson bellows in pain at the thing's foul blow and as his vision takes in its unnatural nature he flies into another rage and his axe descends at the abomination with all of his might.

[sblock=OOC]Thorson enrages, 4 rage points left, 23/32 hp left with 4 extra hp gained from enraging. Enraged melee attack +7 to hit, 1d12+12 (Crit 20 x 3) [/Sblock]

Dr Simon

Explorer
Thorson and Manachan prepare to attack, but the overpowering stench of the stitched-together obscenity cripples them with nausea.

Further back, Dj'hân is not so affected by the smell and he unleashes a storm of fiery air down the short corridor, past Manachan and Thorson. The creature isn't even singed, but its movement become sluggish and awkward; it seems worse affected by Dj'hân's battering winds than creatures usually are.

Brindom nocks an arrow and waits for an opening, but his friends are in the way.
Finally, Manachan recovers from the worst of the stench and is able to fire a blast of golden celestial fire past Thorson, searing the creature on its furry shoulder.

Shuddering, the creature rakes Thorson with its claws again, catching the half-orc a heavy blow. Its slow and awkward movements cancelled out by the half-orc's nauseous incapacitation.

[sblock=OOC]
The creature has a noisome stench that affects Thorson and Manachan. Fort save Thorson 5+5=10, fail, Manachan 2+4=6, fail. So round 1 becomes:

Manachan: nauseous.
Golem: attack Thorson, resolved in previous post.
Dj'hân: line of fire for 1d6=3 damage. Creature fails Reflex save, but doesn't seem to take fire damage.
Thorson: nauseous.
Brindom: ready with bow attack
Edmond: ?

Round 2
Manachan: recovers, so resolve previous attack celestial fire ranged touch 11+3=14, hits for 4 damage.
Golem: attack Thorson again, hits for 10 damage.
Dj'hân:
Thorson: able to act again
Brindom:
Edmond:
[/sblock]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Edmond is blind. Therefore, unless Brindom says run straight five steps and swing horizontally and low, he stands there listening and keeping Deathwail in ready defensive position (total defense)...

Actually, I just thought of something...

First round: Edmond concentrates and looks at the worlds magic threads uses Detect Magic class feature - don't know if one needs to see normally to detect? Counting on the golem's enchantments to give it away

Second round: points the finger, "Brindom, point the finger toward the beast! Is it undead?" and fires off Disrupt Undead (so it's not important if he hits his friends - maybe you can lessen the penalties?)

Third Round: Edmond concentrates again and the sound of charging full plate wearing warrior sounds behind the creature uses Ghost Sound class feature

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Round 2

"I'm not sure, but I know how to find out." Brindom says bring one hand up to his holy symbol. Holding it towards the creature he prays. "Erastil smite my enemies with your great power."

The holy symbol in Brindom's hand flares to life and a light blue glow burst from it. When the glow touches the creature...

[sblock=action]
Standard Action: Channel Energy (to harm undead) 2d6
Brindom goes before edmond so he should know if he effected the creature and I will edit the post. [/sblock]

[sblock=stats]
HP: 29/41
AC: 20 T: 13 FF: 17
CMB: +1
Speed: 20'
Fort: +4 Ref: +3 Will: +5

[/sblock]

[sblock=Spells]Orisons: Mending, Detect Magic, Create Water, Read Magic
1st lvl: Remove Fear, Cure Light Wounds, Bless, + Protection from Evil
2nd lvl: Restoration,Lesser, Hold Person, + Shield Other
Abilities:
Channel Energy(living): 1/5 (2d6)
Calming Touch: 5/5
Touch of Good: 4/5 [/sblock][/quote][/quote][/quote]

Ambrus

Explorer
Frantically, Dj'hân waves his tiny arms about, as if trying to physically stir the air. Suddenly the temperature in the room plummets as exhalations turn to fog. Motes of frost appear in the air as thr urchin unleashes a biting wind that swirls harmlessly past his companions to envelos the motley monster.

OOC: 30-ft line of cold; 2d6 damage; Ref DC 14 half.

Dr Simon

Explorer
Rime forms on the door frame as Dj'hân 's blast of icy air shrieks through the corridor. Frost forms on the fur, on the parts of the creature that has fur, but it shakes itself and shrugs this off, unaffected.

Thorson tries the more direct approach with his axe but this time his attack is over-reached and lacks the power to penetrate the creature's hide.

Brindom focuses on his holy symbol. The room is briefly filled with the scents of spring. Edmond, Brindom, Manachan and Thorson, all wounded, feel some of their wounds close. The stitched-together creature is unaffected either way, neither healed nor harmed.

Edmond fires a beam of dark energy from his finger, blindly hoping to hit the beast, but the beam passes it by.

[sblock=OOC]
Dj'hân line of cold attack 2d6=12, but seems to be no affect.
Thorson axe attack 4+7=11, miss.
Brindom channel energy for 2d6=7. All wounded characters heal 7 points.
Edmond: disrupt undead, 25% miss chance =13. Miss.

(I've assumed that he cast detect magic last round. There's nothing to say that it specifically requires eyes and it seems like a neat idea so I've reduced the miss chance for blindness, but not entirely as it only gives a vague awareness.)

Initiative reminder:

Manachan
Carrion Golem
Dj'hân
Thorson
Brindom
Edmond
[/sblock]

Valthosian

First Post
Frustrated beyond tolerance the half-orc takes another swing at the monstrosity.

[sblock=ooc]2 Rage points left, 23 of 32hp +4 raging hp for 27hp. Enraged melee attack +7 to hit, 1d12+12 (Crit 20 x 3)[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Brindom Round 3

"It's not the walking dead, some sticthed together creature." Brindom tells Edmond as he draws his arrow back once more. "And I can't get a clear shot." he adds in fustration.

[sblock=action]
That was a bad round 2 Whew!!

Standard Action: Ready Action = Shoot the golem when he gets an open shot.
Which will probably be never. :erm: Might need to change weapons but still will be hard to get into that room.

Longbow +7 (includes point blank shot&weapon focus);1d8(x3) 100' range
[/sblock]

[sblock=stats]
HP: 36/41
AC: 20 T: 13 FF: 17
CMB: +1
Speed: 20'
Fort: +4 Ref: +3 Will: +5

[/sblock]

[sblock=Spells]Orisons: Mending, Detect Magic, Create Water, Read Magic
1st lvl: Remove Fear, Cure Light Wounds, Bless, + Protection from Evil
2nd lvl: Restoration,Lesser, Hold Person, + Shield Other
Abilities:
Channel Energy(living): 1/5 (2d6)
Calming Touch: 5/5
Touch of Good: 4/5 [/sblock][/QUOTE][/quote][/quote][/QUOTE]

Ambrus

Explorer
The urchin's brow creases, displaying his fear and uncertainty. "My wind doesn't hurt it. I-I don't know what to do." Dj'hân grabs at the empty air around him and, turning in place to rile it up, unleashes another warm sirocco towards the monster.
[sblock=OOC]30-ft line of fire; 1d6 damage; Ref DC 14 half; Entangling Exhalation feat. Dj'hân will repeat this action every round since entangling it is apparently all he can attempt to do against this creature, it being unharmed by both heat and cold.

Sorry for the late reply. I just noticed that my email notification seems to not working so I hadn't realized anyone had posted in several days.
:blush:[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases