Dr. Si's Curse of the Crimson Throne - Seven Days to the Grave

Dr Simon

Explorer
All of the Maidens are similarly scarred and mutilated. The Physicians, under their masks, are normal, plain-looking men albeit with hair lank from their exertions whilst wearing heavy leather masks.

[sblock=OOC]
I'll have a list of magic items and wounded later when I have more time to check.
[/sblock]

Axel

First Post
Mhairi smiled in genuine pleasure at seeing her three companions alive and more or less unharmed. "I'm just fine Edmond. Nothing I couldn't handle, though I'm sorry a few of them got through." She knelt next to the recently felled physician and wiper her rapier on his clothes before securing and stowing her weapons.

"So what on earth happened here? I saw the Maidens running up the stairs and figured that was probably my cue. But really, I haven't got the faintest idea what's going on!" Mhairi added as she moved up the stairs to the small room at the top. Standing near to Ignatius as he inspected the Maiden's bodies she gave him a playful pinch. "Glad to see you're alright," she said quietly.

Last edited:

Dr Simon

Explorer
Beyond the door is a small windowless attic room, fitted out as part laboratory, part office. A tidy desk dominates the back of the room and along the walls are an array of alchemical equipment bubbling away, with anatomical charts decorating the walls, bedecked with pins like a general's battle plan. There is nobody in the room.

[sblock=OOC]
Of the foes, only one Maiden and one Physician are unconscious rather than dead. There is one other Physician knocked out by Edmond but he is so far unconscious he may not wake up again, and if he does he'll probably think he's a cinnamon muffin named Susan.

Items garnered from the foes:

From Physicians (x6)
Leather coat
Set of healer's tools
War razor
Physician's masks (faint conjuration)

From Maidens (x6)
Masterwork full plate
Heavy steel shield
Masterwork longsword
Composite longbow
(Note that all the Maiden equipment is very distinctive in design)

From Doctor Dav
A flask labelled "Elixir of True Healing" (moderate conjuration)
A potion bottle (weak conjuration) - Edmond reckons to be remove disease.
A magical rapier (moderate conjuration)
A magical mithral shirt (+1)
An amulet (faint transmutation)

In addition there are around 80 patients all very weak and effectively immobile.
[/sblock]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"Red, could we move these people somewhere safer through the tunnels? I know my way around them, but your knowledge is probably more current.

And then you should go inform the people, that is, Varisians, Marshal Kroft and the temple, in that order. Unless there are other ways to contact some of them? Sendings maybe? The rest of us will clean up here.

Brindom Ignatius, can you cure few of these people so they can help and we get some info? Most are Varisians"

Edmond checks if he knows anyone personally
"And we have good relationship with them, they would help their own people if we can get the message through.

What do you think, all?

Zellara's house is not far away, we could make temporary accommodations there, then move to old fishery, it's abandoned now, and to All the worlds meat. From there, it's only river boat travel to Varisians part of town."

Last edited:

Kaodi

Hero
"I will do what I can," says Ignatius as he examines the magical items kept by Davaulus. "But I do not understand how or why you think we need to move these people. What threat could materialize here that could not present itself in other locales? Besides, we need to keep this place locked down until we have a chance to rest and investigate where that physician was attempting to flee to on the lift."

The ifrit takes time to study the charts and materials present in Davaulus' office before he turns his attention to the patients. "Maybe you could take a look at that desk?" he asks Mhairi as he leaves the office. Ignatius may not be the wisest man in town, but in the face of the conspiracy that they have uncovered even a fool knows that one should watch for more traps. He grabs one of the masks from the fallen physicians and straps it on, saying, "I think I can make better use of this than him at this point."

[sblock=OOC]I just want to make sure we can recover all of this loot too, hehehe... Anyway, two Spellcraft check for the rapier and amulet, and a Heal check to decipher the charts and contents of the office. Might be easier for you to handle the indefinite number of heal checks for patient care, Dr. Simon, rather than have me clutter up the place. Heal is +6.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Neurotic

"Somethings going on, with or without Queens knowledge. These people are in danger, physicians will not want this known. Nor maidens. And besides, they are not doctors, they are the source of the plague."

Kaodi

Hero
"Yes, Davaulus and his minions are the source of the plague," says Ignatius. "But many of these patients are now plague carriers. We could risk spreading it further if we try to transport them away from here."

Neurotic

"The plague plagues all of the city now. They did it well. That ship probably spread the rats and diseased water across the city. Besides, in the sewers no one can catch the disease."

Dr Simon

Explorer
Red was keeping watch on the roof, but at Edmond's command he climbs down on a knotted rope, whiskers twitching nervously as he scans the corners of the warehouse, perhaps not convinced that it is safe.

"Yes, yes, I cans try to tell people," he says with a chuckle. "Not sures they'll listen to me, a ratman, a sewer-walker, but I can tries. Knows of some places we can hides them, yes, but not nice places, not good for sick people."

The sick are beyond Ignatius' capacity to quickly heal; they will need long term care if any are to survive and as it is the recovery from blood veil is currently slender, although of course any spare remove disease spells will help individuals.

Studying the charts, Ignatius gets very little specific information; he gets the feeling that a vital part of the puzzle is missing, one that would help tie together the information on the charts.

Axel

First Post
Mhairi

Mhairi turned sulkily at being asked to leave so pointedly. She was just another "normal" person in the way. Not a warrior, and not divinely inspired to do anything... How is it my fault if none of the gods care a fig if I live or die she thought, kicking at a ball of fluff on the floor as the walked to the Maiden that fell from the catwalk. Not even a thank you for trying to save their holy arses...how was I supposed to know they weren't dead and cold like this poor girl? Mhairi paused in front of the fallen warrior and retrieved her weapon from the Maiden's hip, wiping the drying blood off on a nearby bed's blanket.

The smell was getting to her. The whole place smelt of sick, mixed with the delightful odours of blood and sweat mingling with the stink of piss and crap from those that hadn't died instantly. Mhairi thought she was going to be sick herself. Ugh....how do those phony doctors stand it?! You couldn't pay me enough to work here... I wonder if they got paid at all or just did it for the kicks? There must be money in it somehow...wonder where it is? Suppressing the urge to hurl her breakfast over the floor, Mhairi hustled to the desk, instinctively feeling that keeping busy would be the only thing to help.

Standing over the desk, the whore turned burglar turned citizen's crusader tried her best to breathe through her mouth. It kept the worst of the smell away but left a nagging thought at the back of her head that she would look like a retarded inbred hick... Putting the thought firmly out of her head, Mhairi studied the desk in detail - taking her time largely because she had nothing else to do. Check for springs and the like first girl, I wouldn't put it past these creeps to hide a diseased needle somewhere like that dirty silver coin in a box...

[sblock=ooc]
Sorry for long rambling post. It's been awhile since this campaign moved, and I felt the need to write a few words more than normal.

Mhairi takes 10 searching for traps. +21 perception (trapfinding),
If traps are detected, she'll try and disable. +15 disable device skill rating (25 if take 10 possible).
Otherwise, try and open the various draws etc. picking locks where required (take 10). +25 disable device, assuming take 10.
[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases