Dr. Si's Curse of the Crimson Throne - Seven Days to the Grave

Kaodi

Hero
"I sense magic emanating from all three of these doors," whispers Ignatius. Suddenly he rather wishes they had chosen to wait. "Be careful."

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Edmond focuses his will and once again attunes himself with magic in the world.

He studies the door in front of him trying to glean more information.

OOC: studying the door with detect magic...sooo, what type(s), how strong etc...he then studies larger portal

Dr Simon

Explorer
[sblock=Detect Magic]
All three doors radiate moderate transmutation and necromancy magic - whatever effect is in place seems to be the same on all three.
[/sblock]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"All three doors radiate moderate transmutation and necromancy magic - whatever effect is in place seems to be the same on all three. I'd say they transform and animate the images into real skeletons...or worse. Be ready. Mhairri, can you open the door without triggering the trap, assuming it is one?"

Tapping his chin, Edmond considers the problem.

"Does anyone have doctors mask? Maybe that's what's needed to pass?"

Kaodi

Hero
Ignatius grins and straps on his enchanted doctor's mask. "Good suggestion. Certainly worth a try," he says. The ifrit then carefully approaches the doors. "If it is not a trap that can be disarmed, I will attempt to open the door while wearing this. There is a good chance the enchantment is meant to inflict anyone who touches it with the Blood Veil."

Axel

First Post
Mhairi

Mhairi gulped in anticipation as she surveyed the room from the relative comfort of the elevator. "Thanks guys, you're really supportive... Just call me canary from now on," she muttered as she stepped warily out of the device. I've seen some really weird stuff in people's houses before...but this has got to take the cake. There better be some good loot hidden down here. And no bloody skeletons in the closet...

Swearing quietly to herself in elvish, which she hardly ever used, Mhairi cautiously approached the smaller door on the left, casting wary glances over her shoulder periodically. Especially towards the larger double doors on her right. So far so good...

Close to, the skeletons looked more grotesque, if that was even possible. Still quietly cursing, Mhairi began to examine the door in detail, taking her time and doing her damnedest not to let the paintings blur her concentration.

[sblock=ooc]
Sometimes I just love being the rogue... :)

What is the lighting in this "dungeon"? I have a couple Sunrods if need be, but figure with casters around there's probably enough Light spells to get by. Just don't cast it "on" me.

Taking 10 to check for traps on the northern door. +11 modifier vs traps (+12 if she's considered level 6 at this point) for 21 total score. If no traps detected she'll move to the southern door to rinse and repeat, then the double doors. May not have regular access over the next couple of days, so trying not to slow things down too much.
[/sblock]

Dr Simon

Explorer
OOC: There's no lighting in this room, only what you bring with you.

Studying the doors as closely as she dare without touching them, Mhairi feels a little out of her depth. There ar eno obvious mechanisms or triggers, not even a visible rune or something like that which would point her to a trap. After studying all three doors carefully she is still not sure if there is anything there or not.

Axel

First Post
Mhairi

Standing up near the southern door, Mhairi says "Sorry guys. All things considered, they're actually just kinda normal doors. Any other ideas?

Kaodi

Hero
"Yes - stand back," says Ignatius. The ifrit appears intent on earning the name "Crazy Ignatius" today as he raises his shield and moves to open the door. "Be ready to retreat to the elevator. We cannot let anyone get between us and it," he adds before giving the door a push (or pull, as the case may be).

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases