Dr. Si's Curse of the Crimson Throne - Seven Days to the Grave

Dr Simon

Explorer
Most of the undead shy from the sudden burst of sparkling light, and stagger forwards uncertainly.

[sblock=OOC]
Didn't think that'd work against mindless undead, but it seems to slip through the gap of immunities. Skeletons 2 and 3, and zombie 5 are unaffected.

Initiative order stands as:

Manachan - casts glitterdust.

Edmond
Skeletons
Mhairi
Ignatius
Zombies
[/sblock]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
OOC: Invisible Castle is out...attack #2

Edmond steps into the doorway and slashes at the approaching undead. Heavy blade is not well suited for destroying dry bones, but sheer strength of the attack does some damage.

Last edited:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
We're still in initiative rolling phase. Wait to see if Ignatius clears the room of undead before using glitter.

Was going to, but Manachan's initiative was highest and he wouldn't even have heard Edmond's request before firing his spell.

OOC: Didn't think that'd work against mindless undead, but it seems to slip through the gap of immunities.

Yeah, I wasn't sure either so I looked it up. I guess the Glitterdust is a physical rather than mind-affecting effect. And oddly, mindless undead have to make Will saves, but not Fortitude saves . . .

Dr Simon

Explorer
Edmond shatters the spine of the skeleton in front of him and it collapses into inanimate bones. The other three move forwards, one darting in with surprising speed to slash Edmond across the face with bony claws. The other two, blinded by Manachan's spell, stagger along, bumping into the wall of glass-plated crawling bodies in almost comedic fashion.

[sblock=OOC]
Edmond hits and destroys skeleton #2

Skeleton #3, hits Edmond for 4 damage.

Next up:
Mhairi
Ignatius
Zombies
[/sblock]

Attachments

• Hospice 34.jpg
    Hospice 34.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 58

Axel

First Post
Mhairi

Cringing in fear at the unnatural creatures in front of her, Mhairi draws her rapier and a starknife. Then she pauses.

"How do you ummm....kill them?"

Kaodi

Hero
Seeing that the skeletons have managed to make their way forward despite being blinded, Ignatius delays a moment to allow the zombies to shamble forward as well before he casts his spell.

Once they have acted, he cups his hand like before, and raises it to about chest level. A vortex of flame springs up inside it and though the ifrit does not raise his mask this time everyone can hear him blowing just as a torrent of fire springs forth and washes over a number of the skeletons and zombies. [sblock=Celestial]"Burn, undead!"[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]I originally just posted the first sentence, but then I figured it would speed things along if I posted the concentration check and spell damage now. Ignatius will aim in whatever direction catches the undead which can still see (if it will get all of them), or otherwise whichever catches the highest number of foes. Though for future reference, do concentration checks count as something you can fail on with a 1? Because if not, Ignatius can now auto-succeed on level 0 and 1 spells.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Dr Simon

Explorer
Ignatius waits until the zombies have shuffled close enough, one of them almost reachin Edmond. As it raises a rotting hand, Ignatius unleasges his fire. Two of the skeletons and two of the zombies are caught in the conflagration and collapse, blackened and smoking. Three undead continue to press onwards, the last skeleton and one of the zombies stagger uncertainly, bumping off the gruesome wall of trapped corpses.

[sblock=OOC]
Ignatius - burning hands catches skeletons #1 and #3 and zombies #6 and #7, all are destroyed.

Next up:

Manachan
Edmond
[/sblock]

Attachments

• Hospice 35.jpg
    Hospice 35.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 60

Remove ads