Dr. Si's Curse of the Crimson Throne - Seven Days to the Grave

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"A... a Sable Marine," Brindom says nervously. "I always thought flying above... What was that a request of me?"

Brindom looks a little more at ease and a littke excited, "What may I do for you, Grau?" he asks.

[sblock=OOC] NP, Dr.Si I know how it goes in pbp. Well then Brindom would have spent one or two days during the week looking into rumors or divinations like Edmond asked for. [/sblock]

Ambrus

Explorer
[sblock=ooc]We're talking about regicide. I'd imagine that, if getting clues involving the king's death were as simple or straight forward as asking around or casting a few simple spells, that the truth of the matter would already be common knowledge by now. Surely all of the big movers and shakers in town (the Academy, the Hellknights, etc.) have already turned their superior resources to the same ends that we're contemplating. If the truth hasn't yet come to light it's because one or more people with considerable power and/or influence are endeavoring to obfuscate the matter or because there's simply nothing else to find out at this time.

I'm just saying, I don't yet see a viable avenue of investigation that our low-level party can reasonably hope to pursue at this time. We may very well be trying to skip ahead a few modules in the CotCT adventure path. ;)

Maybe I'm wrong though. :heh:
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
"Surely if there's anything I can do to help I will."

Manachan retains his composure, though surely it is his monastic training that allows this - he's far too young to have been exposed to the levels of authority he's been around recently.

Dr Simon

Explorer
Grau gives a tired sounding laugh and waves off Edmond's salute.

"Please," he says, "there's no need for that. I'm off duty and I'm not your CO. You'll help? That's very kind of you. Come on, I'll take you to see my niece. Is there anything you need to bring? Their house is over the river in Trail's End."

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"Let me just grab my bow," Brindom says quickly turning to go back to his room.

Once there he thinks excitedly, Maybe I'll get to ride a griffon.

Dr Simon

Explorer
Kirton's sister, Tayce Soldado, lives across the river in the area known as Trail's End, a predominantly Varisian ghetto where dark-eyed Varisians watch you suspiciously as you pass by. The house is a squat two-story wooden building in bad need of repair and a lick of paint. The vegetablen patch out front is in need of weeding, but clean washing hangs from the line and the place is clean, if dilapidated. The house of someone busy getting by and raising a family.

The downstairs is one large room, and it looks like most of the family are sleeping down here as well as cooking and eating. Two Varisian-looking boys, about Kester's age, are playing cards, whilst an aged Varisian woman is brewing something up on the family stove. Tayce is a woman of motherly age with a simple beauty that has been drawn by worry and lack of sleep. She bids you welcome to her home.

"Brienna is upstairs," she says. "Which of you is the healer? I'll take you to her."

[sblock=Manachan]
You notice that Kirton gives the old woman in the kitchen a strongly disapproving glance, and that some unspoken tension appears between him and his sister as he does so.
[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"I am allowed, by Erastil will, to channel his good energies into healing magics," Brindom says standing a little straighter. He smiles reasuringly at the Sable Marine's sitter and says, "I will do my best to help however I can."

[sblock=spells]
New spells for a new day pretty basic though, things he would use around the house.

0 LVL- Create Water, Guidance, Mending, Stabilize
1 LVL- Compehend Languages, Bless Water, Remove Fear, Cure Light Wounds(1d8+4) + Bless
2 LVL- Zone of Truth, Make Whole, Cure Moderate Wounds(2d8+4) + Shield Other [/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]
HP: 48/48
AC: 20 T:13 FF:17
Init: +3
Speed: 20'
Fort: +5
Ref: +4
Will: +6

Abilities:
Channel Energy (2d6) - 5/5
Calming Touch - 6/6
Touch of Good - 6/6

Items:
potions of clw (1d8+1) 2/2
scrolls of cmw (2d8+3) 2/2[/sblock]

Last edited:

Dr Simon

Explorer
Tayce leads you upstairs, to the single upper room of the house. Here, a young girl, maybe 9-10 years old, lies in the room's only bed, dwarfed by pillows and covers. A blotchy red rash covers her face and exposed limbs, and as you enter she coughs, a long wracking cough that jerks her frail body off the pillows. A moment later the coughing fit passes and she falls back exhausted, her breathing still ragged.

"This is Brienna, my only daughter. She's been like this for five days now, steadily getting worse," says Tayce in a whisper.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[sblock=Manachan]
You notice that Kirton gives the old woman in the kitchen a strongly disapproving glance, and that some unspoken tension appears between him and his sister as he does so.[/sblock]

[sblock=Dr. Simon]Manachan carefully commits his observation to memory, resolving to inform the others when he gets a chance. He also begins careful observation of the others in the house as he and Brindom carry out their business.[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"Hello Brienna," Brindom says setting down his gear near the door and walking over to the bed. Sitting at the foot of the bed Brindom takes in everything, and then asks Brienna's mother. "May I have a bowl of water and fresh towels from the laundry I saw hanging, please."

Turning back to the little girl he says smiling, "I think we have everything here we need to make you all better, and you will be your old self in no time."

He then starts with the basics, checking the girls temperture and breathing. He methodically goes through everything he learned at the temple or saw the priest there ever do.

[sblock=OOC] Methodically meaning he takes 20 on his Heal(+8) check and Perception(+4) as well could be things around the bed or in the room that could contrbutie to her not getting better. Also let me know if I need to RP the dozen questions he would ask Tayce "Where did the rash first appear?" "Does she eat and keep it down?" "Does she have to make water often?" "Do you know what she was doing the day before she fell ill?" "How does she sleep?" " Did the rash come first or the cough?" etc.etc. [/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases