Dr. Si's Curse of the Crimson Throne - Seven Days to the Grave

Ambrus

Explorer
"but I'll get you two milk so you can enjoy. Just please notify me when you get out so I don't loose you again, alright?"

Dj'hân grins happily at the prospect of having milk to go with his cookies. He offers Edmond a jaunty salute in answer to his friend's request. The urchin then eagerly turns his attention back to his dice game; the interruption already out of mind.

A stray though then crosses the holy knight's mind. No mammal juice for me, thanks. I'll make certain Dj'hân checks in with you in the morning if he forgets... The pseudodragon offers Edmond a knowing wink.

Dr Simon

Explorer
The next morning the whole group sets off for Tayce Soldado's house in Trails End. Tayce greets you, looking tired and drawn.

"She slept better, but she's still very weak," she says, putting a kettle on the stove.

Mamusia Lela arrives moments later and follows Brindom up to examine the girl.
The prognosis is not good. The disease seems to have got worse, with dark swellings appearing under the girl's arms. Now when she coughs, there are flecks of blood in her sputum.

"Tch. It was a good try, young gentleman," says Mamusia Lela. "Perhaps the two of us may work together? But," she draws Brindom away from the bed and whispers, "I fear she has not long left. Even our best medicines may not work. She needs magical healing, I think, but the gadje priests ask for money that the poor folk cannot afford."

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
OOC: not to freighten anyone, but this looks like plague, "The Black Death"...

Also, this could be very short 'adventure' as we can actually pay for the healing :) except of course we'll need to find some special ingredient and/or remove curse 8)

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"I can use the powers Erastil provides me," Brindom says. "But I am not wise enough yet in my understanding of these gifts to cure her fully, I can make sure she stays with us till we find a priest who can."

Brindom looks melancholy and distracted, his inabilities bringing the young lad down. He soon sees Dj'hân and remembers what Edmond had said the other day. "Here is the one who has the harrow deck Mamusia Lela, let's see if that can help as well."

[sblock=ooc] will let Dj'hân go first then see if I need to use any spells [/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Manachan, who's been following along with Brindom and observing quietly, speaks up. "I have some small skill with healing as well, and have served as a channel for the positive energies of Irori. While I am not as skilled as Brindom, and claim nowhere near your skill, Mamusia, I could assist at least."

Valthosian

First Post
Thorson stands as far away in the room as he can from the girl, his back up against the wall and an expression not far from fear cracks his attempt at a total mask. The half-orc's fingers nervously turn a thin banded gold ring over and over, endlessly. Occasionally a superstitious mutter makes its way out of his mouth but for the most part he is silent.

Ambrus

Explorer
"Here is the one who has the harrow deck Mamusia Lela, let's see if that can help as well."
Quietly seated upon Edmond's shoulder, the tiny halfling child looks a little nervous and uncertain amidst the group of somber grownups. He manages to offer the old Varisian woman a polite smile and wave in greeting. He regards Brindon questioningly. "You want I should do a Harrowing?..."

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"If you would please." Brindom answers sobberly.

[sblock=spells]
0 LVL- Resistance, Guidance, Detect Poison, Stabilize
1 LVL- Deathwatch, Bless Water, Detect Evil, Cure Light Wounds(1d8+4) + Bless
2 LVL- Restorstion(lesser), Augury, Cure Moderate Wounds(2d8+4) + Shield Other [/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]
HP: 48/48
AC: 20 T:13 FF:17
Init: +3
Speed: 20'
Fort: +5
Ref: +4
Will: +6

Abilities:
Channel Energy (2d6) - 5/5
Calming Touch - 6/6
Touch of Good - 6/6