Dr. Si's Curse of the Crimson Throne - Seven Days to the Grave

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Manachan catches the bottle deftly, then opens it. He smells the contents and reads the label, shrugs and passes the bottle along to Brindom.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"Yes, Marshal. We'll find them. Do you want them brought in or dealt permanently with? I'd prefer to bring them here in case there is more to discover. Maybe we're dealing with some mad cult and these are just poor apothecaries."

Later, with the party alone:
"We're going to lock our house tight. We need to speak with mamusia Lela and let her organize her people into semblance of order. Does anyone knows where this apothecary is? I don't remember it having any business with merCauthons or Lamm."

Ambrus

Explorer
Dj'hân, seemingly glad for the opportunity to contribute, pipes up from within Edmond's backpack. "Oh sure. It's the storefront with the peeling mortar and pestle sign over on Summoning Street, near the Heights."

Dr Simon

Explorer
"Bring 'em in alive. You did a good job with Verik and his men, I'd rather avoid any more deaths if we can. Assuming, that is, you find evidence of any deliberate wrong-doing."

[SBLOCK=Manachan]
The contents of the bottle smell vaguely floral, like rose petals.
[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Taking the vial Brindom also sniffs at it before putting the cork on tight. He then pockets the vial when handed the decree from the Queen.

He looks shocked as he reads the message, but keeps any comments to himself. He hands the paper to the next person when he is finished.

Thinking himself ready he makes sure his items and equipment are secure.

[sblock=EDIT] I don't have any spells for the day listed and wish to ask, to do that now. From my re-reading the group entered the city not knowing about the disease, learned of it and then went straight to the Pantheon. I would have chosen spells thinking of the trip back to the city and would be prepared for any trouble outside the walls and such. If it's ok with you Dr. Si I will submit a list of spells for approval in the OOC first. [/sblock]

Last edited:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Unless the shop in question is on the way, Edmond leads the group to his house first.
"Kester, lock this place up until I say differently. Nobody is to come in or out. If any of you get sick, put them in one room and others go to the other. Give them plenty of water. I'll bring healing as soon as I'm able. DON'T trust various healers or con man. Open only to doctors or priests with following of Gray Maidens or Korvosan Guard."

"Now, Dj'ahn, lead us to that shop. I think I remember it, or at least know where it is since you described it so well. Varisians will have to wait. Brindom, we'll get you in with the doctors if we don't find anything in the shop.

I hope that King of Spiders has something to do with this so we get to shut him down. Shiver is evil enough, having that barges out there just grates on me."

Dr Simon

Explorer
With all the criss-crossing of the city, it is early afternoon by the time the group arrives on Summoning Street, a tightly-packed row of shops in the shadow of the Acadamae. A queue snakes all the way down the street, many people showing signs of the blood veil but just as many looking perfectly healthy.

The queue ends at the small shop-front of Lavender's Perfumery and Apothecary, with its distinctive amethyst-shaped windows. Two burly men with purple cravats keep order at the door. Inside you can just make out three women serving behind a counter. Across the shop front a banner proclaims "Lavender's Luxuriant Liniment: Either You've Got It, Or You've Had It".

Ambrus

Explorer
Tucked into Edmond's backpack, Dj'hân surreptitiously steals a glance at the shopfront with its long queue. The urchin whispers: "Remember that time, long ago, when we snuck me into that butcher shop? We could do something like that again here..."

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Seeing all the people around Brindom sighs and throws his bow up over his shoulder. There are way to many people around to get hit by a stray arrow.

"We need to find the guy in charge and see if he will come in willing, right?" he asks the others not knowing what all the butcher shop talk is about.

[sblock=Stats]
HP: 48/48
AC: 20
Fort: +5
Reflex: +4
Will: +6
BAB: +3
CMD: 16

WEAPONS:
longbow +8, 1d8 (arrows 20/20)
short sword +3, 1d6

Abilities: