Dr. Si's Curse of the Crimson Throne - Seven Days to the Grave

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"Let's enter and ask few questions, non-threatening like. We're on guards business after all. For example, why is he selling for profit when people are dying in the streets. He should make it available to all and sell the formula to the temple. At the very least, we'll create enough unrest among these people that he will call us in to be in private.

Brindom, could you ask such questions? As a clergy man, it will seem entirely plausible. Not like we need to act much.

Dj'ahn, I can try to put you down somewhere, but shop front is usually isolated from living quarters and storerooms. Maybe you could try and enter from behind? Through chimney or one of the alleys in the back?"

Ambrus

Explorer
"Sure. Just go stand with your back to that alleyway over there for a sec and I'll head up out of sight to the Shingles with Majenko to look around up top."[sblock=Dr Simon]Dj'hân, with Majenko in his cap, will take advantage of whatever distracting activities his companions engage in at the shop's front to stealthily (taking 10 if possible) investigate the top, sides and back of the apothecary for possible points of entry. Keep in mind his tiny size. ;)[/sblock]

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Brindom looks apprehensive when Edmond first asks him to do most of the talking. But it changes when he listens to Dj'hân fearlessly voulnteer to brave the unknown.

Heartened by the urchin's bravery the young cleric smiles and says, "I will try my best."

Dr Simon

Explorer
Like all buildings near the Acadamae, Lavender's is just a single storey (the wizards not wanting anyone overlooking their walls), although rickety steps have been put in place around the building to access the makeshift Shingles shacks stuck on top. The shop itself is small, and accessed through a yard around the side rather than the main street. Two purple-cravated guards stand at the gate where the yard opens onto the street, a third stands in the yard, directing people into the shop, which appears to be a simple one-room building.

Other doors lead off from the yard to adjacent buildings. The Shingles dwellings all have some residents present, but the yard is quiet.

Attachments

• Lavender1.jpg
    Lavender1.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Edmond stands near the alley for a moment to let Dj'ahn slip away. Then he makes his way toward the guards, but let's Brindom in front once they get through the throng.

Valthosian

First Post
Thorson follows the halflings instructions while keeping a sharper eye out than usual for any disturbances that might signal that the lad had found trouble.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
As they push there way through the crowd Brindom looks for the vial of "Lavender's Luxuriant Liniment" and takes hold of it while it is still in his belt pouch. He makes sure his holy symbol is not hidin and ready for all to see.

When the group arrives at the forefront of the establishment, with alot of anger mutters and evil looks from those nearby, Brindom address one of the guards, but speaks loudly enough that his voice will carry throughout the crowd and to those inside.

"We come here seeking the astonishing maker of this!" he says raising his arm and holding the vial for all to see. "We bear orders from the church and wish to negotate for the use of the remedy here. And are willing to make any deal."

"No! No you can't!" come cries from the crowd.
"My youngun's dae in needs!"
"My husband is to sick to work, what will we do if you have all the cure." And similar cries fill the air.

"People! Good people please! The church is not seeking out this remedy for themselves. We are doing this for you. The church will use what healing it can and when that is exhausted they will see to this," Brindom again holds his arm high and shakes the vial in his hand. "As a supplement to their abilities."

He turns his back on the guards and the storefront to address the coward with a solemn expression. "But while you are here you are missing out on the works of the church. They organize now to send their priest out and minister to the sick. But you are not home to answer your door and left unanswered they will move on. Please good people go home. Go home and hang a piece of cloth from your door to let the clergy know what doors to knock on to save time. Go home and tend your loved ones till they can come to you and give you the blessings all good people deserve. Please go home and tell everyone you can that they to must do this. Time saved will save lives and that life may belong to someone you know."

"Please," Brindom says his voice near tears for those who will not live through such a plague as this. "Go home."

Turning back to the guards he clears his throat but refuses to wipe at his eyes. "I am a representative sent here on a mission. These men are with me, and we wish to speak with whomever is in charge."

[sblock=OOC] No ranks in bluff but then again nothing Brindom said was an out in out lie so hopefully I can get a Diplomacy check and hopefully the little speech is enough to say take 10?? Not sure on that kind of thing. Diplomacy is +7 hope they all go home LOL. [/sblock]

Ambrus

Explorer
Dj'hân moves like a silent breeze, flitting stealthily from rooftop to rooftop, peeking in through grimy windows and ajar doorways out of curiosity as he goes. He pauses in the shadow of a drainpipe to watch the scene playing out in the street below before moving on.

OOC: No stealthy way to get in and nowhere to go if he did that I can see. So Dj'hân will scout out the surrounding buildings; one of them might be Lavender's residence.

Dr Simon

Explorer
Out Front:

Brindom's impassioned speech meets with a mixed response, with some of the patrons wandering off muttering, with others determined to stay. However, the guard lets the group through and his similarly-dressed cohorts direct you into the shop.

A dark-haired woman in flamboyant Varisian style skirts (although she herself looks Chelaxian) storms to meet you with an angry look on her face. Although small, she has the air of one used to getting her own way, and stands right in front of Brindom, at chest height, and looks up at him.

"What d'ya think ya mean by fright'nin' off me customers, boyo?" she says.

Out Back:
Dj'hân studies the surrounding buildings. The alley at the back seems to be made up of identical apartments, each with a door and one small window, some of which have the poor of Korvosa going about their daily business. Of the two immediately behind the shop, one [the right-hand doorway on the map] is boarded up and looks abandoned. The other [left hand/middle doorway] is closed, and the window shuttered, but the door and shutters are painted in the same lilac colour as the shopfront of Lavender's.

Attachments

• Venrda.jpg
    Venrda.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 54

Ambrus

Explorer
Being cautious to remain unobserved, Dj'hân moves stealthily about the back tenement block searching for a way in; testing doors and windows, but also looking for smokeless chimneys, coal chutes or simply a gap wide enough for the urchin to squeeze his liripoop through.

OOC: Dj'hân is as curious to enter the abandoned tenement as he is the lavender one.

Remove ads