Dr. Si's Curse of the Crimson Throne - Seven Days to the Grave

Dr Simon

Explorer
All of the apartments have chimneys, and the two immediately behind the shop are not only smokeless, but large enough that Dj'hân could probably squeeze down them.

Ambrus

Explorer
[sblock=Dr Simon]Landing atop the Lavender apartment's chimney, the urchin takes a quick look down to judge its size and to determine if its unobstructed. Satisfied, Dj'hân begins to quietyly shimmy down its length. As it begins to widen towards the bottom, the grimy guttersnipe turns around so that he covertly poke his head down to determine if the coast is clear.

OOC: If the room is occupied, Dj'hân will pause to observe from hiding before deciding what to do next. If the room seems unoccupied, Dj'hân will pull off his liripoop to let Majenko, who's cleaner and stealthier, out to thoroughly search the place while he himself remains in the hearth to check the room for magic with Zelara's help.[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Brindom's face takes on a hint of rage at this woman's demenaor and demands. He takes in a deep breath but it doesn't help as he still holds the vial with the "wonder cure" in hand.

Holding it up to wave the vial in her face and asks angrily, "You mean the people that are here to buy your perfume? They are better off without this I say."

Brindom steps back a little to draw his sword. "We are here to shut you down and take you in for questioning on the authority of Marshal Kroft of the Korvosan Guard. Please come with us."

[sblock=OOC] Will edit in the Marshals name in a sec. Sorry if I opened a can of worms but this would be what Brindom would do and all because of her attitude and by her saying "customers". Again sorry guys. :blush: [/sblock]

Last edited:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Diplomatic like Edmond. ;) It seems young Brindom is becoming corrupted by Lamm's Grown Up Children. I was hoping to provoke her to prove it works, this way we'll be fighting her in front of the customers.

Well, your show, HolyMan :)

Dr Simon

Explorer
In Front:
The woman, who it would be natural to assume was "Lavender", steps back and pales, her eyes going wide.

"Oh, noble Sir," she says in a quavering voice. "Please don't 'urt me, I ain't done nuffink wrong."

Behind Brindom, the guards tense in readiness for trouble.

[sblock=Brindom]
Although the woman seems geniunely frightened, Brindom does notice the subtle gesture she gives the guards to alert them. She may not be the defenceless innocent she makes out.
[/sblock]

In Back:
The chimney opens into a single room, although a door leads away to the rear. The room is neatly kept, with pretensions to grandeur with a couple of hangings in the Old Chelaxian style, ornate candelabras with cherry-scented candles (not currently lit). A table sculpted with swirling ivy leaves holds a decorative tea service, and an elabortae hookah pipe stands in one corner.

All this doesn't disguise the fact that it is a one-room apartment in the backstreets of Korvosa, with a small stove in the corner and room for one chair.

As Majenko begins his explorations, and Dj'hân gets out his Harrow deck, they both hear shrieking and some kind of commotion coming from the direction of the shop.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
As Brindom makes his announcement and the guards tense, Manachan gives an inward sigh. Well, this could get ugly quickly . . .

He prepares himself for battle, should it be necessary.

[sblock=Actions]Ready Action: Empty hand vs. first guard to attack, non-lethal damage.[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Thinking fast on his feet Brindom changes his tone (a little).

"That is not for me to decide m'lady." He says with a forced half smile. "We have are orders. But if you wish to be accompanied by your men, we could allow that if they give up their arms and cause no trouble." His emphasis on the last part is clear to everyone.

[sblock=OOC]
Ready action: Disarm a guard or lady should they draw a weapon. [/sblock]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"It is always like this. They never listen. So much for diplomacy, I should have known that young one can be overzelous. We don't even know something's fishy! Maybe it really works!"

Aloud he asks
"Madame, can you prove it really works? Now that you had your profit, why don't you sell it to the temples and again to the Crown. That way, you can be assured everyone will get it, no child needs to die and you can still sell it for those who don't want to wait for priests.

We're not taking you into custody, we're just to bring you to The Marshal for talk."

Ready Action: Trip the guard in the second line (or closest to Edmond if they are in line) with Touch of Fatigue channeled

Diplomacy in the negatives, but maybe this can pass as passive intimidation with his looks and monotone voice :)

Dr Simon

Explorer
"Course it bleedin' works," says "Lavender" in a shrill voice. She grabs one of the customers still inside the shop. "'Ere, you, tell the nice gentlemen."

The man looks a little surprised, and glances at the group, noting in particular Edmond's arms and armour.

"Er, yes, I have used Lavender's Luxurious Liniment," he says, "and now I am feeling a lot better." It sounds like he's reciting from a script, badly.

"See. I ain't done nuffink against the law, just tryin' to make a few honest pinch."

Last edited:

Ambrus

Explorer
[sblock=Dr Simon]Majenko will scurry over to a window to glance down into the front yard. Assuming he doesn't see drawn weapons or a blood-soaked alleyway, the pseudodragon will resume his search with Dj'hân's help.[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases