Dr. Si's Curse of the Crimson Throne - Seven Days to the Grave

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Brindom noticably relaxes as Edmond takes over. He jumps at the opportunity to be doing something besides standing around like a useless lump.

Collecting as many vials as he can hold he looks back at Edmond. "You want me to find ninty-seven people to give this to?" he asks already handing out some vials.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
No, make it 90. We'll see how much temple alchemists need to re-make it. Keep more if outside is less people. We'll give as we can. We need ot save some for the children too.

Dr Simon

Explorer
"Come on, come on, closing time," says Vendra, chivvying everyone out of the shop. "Pay you later," she says to her bewildered-looking guards and shop girls as she shuts the outer door behind her. Bolts can be heard.

People begin clamouring around Brindom, although for the moment the presence of Manachan and Thorson keep them from swamping the young cleric. You can hear rumours of a free cure being passed through the crowd.

Meanwhile:

Dj'hân just manages to duck out of sight as the door to the apartment slams open and the apothecary storms in and begins throwing items into a bag. She pauses, then heads into the bedroom. It is Majenko's turn to dart for cover as she passes through the secret door.

"Orris," she calls out. "Leave that, get your things, time to go."

"Whuh?" says the man filling the perfume bottles.

"Some bunch of sollies just bought all me stock. First they say they were from the guard, then they weren't. Reckon they might have been Devargo's men. Either way, I ain't sticking around for them to find out its a scam. I'll pay yer later, now scram!"

She heads back into the apartment and continues hastily packing. Orris follows.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Brindom hands out bottles from a large sack to everyone he can. The cleric looks over to Edmond. "What are we gong to tell the Marshal? I mean... thanks for helping I don't know why I acted that way, but I thought the Marshal wanted the person making this stuff." He says with a nod to another bottle as he hands it to a weary mother and her sick son.

Ambrus

Explorer
Thanks to years of practice, the hidden guttersnipe avoids panicking, calms down and breathes slowly to avoid detection. Dh'jân covertly watches Lavender pack her belonging as he hangs upside down from the flue in the shadowy recesses of the hearth.

Majenko slithers into the gap behind a row of barrels as his scales darken to a drab grey-brown hue that matches the floorboards upon which he crouches. Similarly, he watches as Orris packs up his alchemical devices from his hidden vantage point.

OOC: Majenko would like to sting Orris. He'll wait in hiding until Orris has his back turned and is distracted with his packing to move stealthily up behind him, carefully aim and sting him. If the man fails to go down on the first try, Majenko will hope to gain initiative and try again. If successful, he'll then move quickly to hide near the door so as to similarly surprise Lavender when she comes in to investigate.

Last edited:

Dr Simon

Explorer
Majenko sneaks up on Orris and jabs him with his sting. The man barely has time to turn to see what hit him when his legs crumple beneath him and he collapses across the table of perfume vials, with the kind of noise you'd expect that to make.

Moments laters, Vendra rushes in.

"Oi, what's all the noise?" she says. As she spots the unconscious Orris she immediately produces a small dagger from somewhere within her skirts and her eyes dart around the room. They miss the pseudodragon conceealed behind her. Majenko takes his chance and his sting lashes out again.

Vendra glances at the gash on her arm.

"Hey..." is all she says before she too slumps to the floor. Both are asleep, but the effect may not last long.

[sblock=OOC]
Stealth 5+19= 23, beats Orris.

Sting attack 20+6=26, no critical. Damage 1d3-2=1. Orris fails Fort save.

Stealth 11+19=30, beats Venrda's Perception.

Sting attack 17+6=23, Vendra also fails Fort save.
[/sblock]

Ambrus

Explorer
OOC: Majenko, Scourge of Scam Artists! :cool:
I'm going to narrate the pair's activities, assuming that nothing else unexpected happens for a few minutes. Let me know if I'm mistaken and I'll modify my post.

The wily pseudodragon stings both of his slumbering victims repeatedly as Dj'hân, alarmed by the disturbance, rises on a sudden updraft out of the hearth and into the makeshift laboratory to investigate. Seeing the two somnolent giant-kin the tiny urchin's face breaks into a wide grin. "Did you at least give them a fighting chance?" A though passes through the boy's mind as the tiny dragon looks up, and draws the corners of his maw back in a crocodile's smile. I wasn't feeling generous today.

Nervous that others might show up unexpectedly, Dj'hân quickly heads over to the exterior door of first one and then the other apartment; locking, baring or securing both as is possible. Then, having regrouped, the pair get to work stripping their captives of all their weapons, gear and accoutrements beyond the barest of clothes. The pseudodragon remains vigilant throughout their labours, watching attentively for the merest sign that either human is stirring. Once divested of their possessions, the guttersnipe reaches into his liripoop and withdraws first a pair of manacles and then a coil of silk rope. The former he uses to thoroughly restrain the woman, the latter to do the same with the man. The boy then gags both with whatever rags he finds in the laboratory.

Only then does the grinning urchin pause to catch his breath. "Time to fetch the cleanup crew I guess."

OOC: Assuming they get through all of that without a hitch, Dj'ân will place everything of interest that he's collected into his liripoop for safe-keeping. He'll then leave Majenko to vigilantly guard the captives as he flies back up the chimney to stealthily draw near a party member outside in the alleyway to inform them of what's happened.

"Psst. Over here. Shh... Majenko and I knocked out and tied up the Lady and her alchemist buddy in the apartment over there. Tell the others. When you're ready to come fetch em, go to the purple door there, knock three times and we'll let you in. Kay?"

OOC: Dj'hân will then fly back up to the roof covertly and fly back down the chimney to wait with Majenko for the others. If he has time, he'll examine the items he's found with the help of the Harrow. Majenko will of course sting the prisoners as needed to keep them subdued.

Last edited:

Dr Simon

Explorer
Vendra has on her person two wands, a vial of something labelled "poison!", a finely crafted dagger and an assortment of violet and silver jewellery, a mixture of gaudy and fine quality.

Orris just has a weighted sap and a dose of Lavender's Luxurious Liniment and 20 gp in a belt pouch.

According to Zellara, one wand is for an enchantment spell of some kind, the other holds a spell of remove disease. Some of the jewellery has protective propertiers, nothing else is magic.

Meanwhile, out the front, Edmond manages to restore some order to his experiment, which was to get as many people as possible to take the cure in front of the Marshal and see if it works. Although some vials have been whisked away by eager volunteers, and least 40 remain with people willing to try them (although not all of these show signs of blood veil).

Dr Simon

Explorer
Manachan is alerted by Dj'hân, and follows the tiny flying boy around to the back alley and the rear apartments. Here he finds one, with the door wide open, decorated like a Chelaxian lady's boudoir (or, the style of someone who thinks that's what it should look like). This connects to the building next door (boarded up on the outside), which contains a messy-looking bottling room and two people bound, gagged and unconscious. One is a man dressed with the distinctive purple neckerchief of a Lavender guard, the other is the Vendra woman.

Remove ads