Dr. Si's Curse of the Crimson Throne - Seven Days to the Grave - Page 4




+ Log in or register to post
Page 4 of 171 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 54 104 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 1701
  1. #31
    Na Bith Mo Riocht T! COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Lama (Lvl 13)

    Mowgli's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Jonesboro, AR
    Posts
    11,923

    Ignore Mowgli
    Quote Originally Posted by HolyMan View Post
    Mowgli

    According to the rulebook "You can move through a square occupied by a friendly character, unless you are charging." So hop in the fight if you like.
    HM
    Yeah, technically you're correct - and Dr. Si would probably allow it - but 'realistically,' pushing through a couple of largish (and one smallish) comrades in the confines of a 5 foot wide tunnel while not disrupting their attempts to defend themselves . . . It just somehow didn't seem right to me.
    "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
    -- H.L. Mencken



    Legacy of Fire
    OOC IC

 

  • #32
    Thy wounds are healed! SILVER SUBSCRIBER
    Magsman (Lvl 14)

    HolyMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    hagerstown md
    Posts
    12,363

    Ignore HolyMan
    Quote Originally Posted by Mowgli View Post
    HM
    Yeah, technically you're correct - and Dr. Si would probably allow it - but 'realistically,' pushing through a couple of largish (and one smallish) comrades in the confines of a 5 foot wide tunnel while not disrupting their attempts to defend themselves . . . It just somehow didn't seem right to me.
    Mowgli
    I can see where that would be 'unrealistic' so maybe a house rule: Move Action = Let comrade by ???
    My UPDATED Signature is here

    And come join in the creation of a new living world here: Living Pathfinder

  • #33
    Na Bith Mo Riocht T! COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Lama (Lvl 13)

    Mowgli's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Jonesboro, AR
    Posts
    11,923

    Ignore Mowgli
    Quote Originally Posted by HolyMan View Post
    Mowgli
    I can see where that would be 'unrealistic' so maybe a house rule: Move Action = Let comrade by ???
    HM
    Sounds like a worthwhile addition to the 'House Rules' section in my games!
    "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
    -- H.L. Mencken



    Legacy of Fire
    OOC IC

  • #34
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    Ambrus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Montreal QC, Canada
    Posts
    4,434

    Ignore Ambrus
    The guttersnipe starts with surprise at the familiar sight of the mammoth half-orc. "M-Mister Giant?" Then, as Thorson charges them, Dj'hn screams loudly as only a terrified child can. Crowded as he is by towering warriors about to clash violently, the risk of being trampled underfoot is suddenly a very real and immediate concern for the tiny boy. Instinctively Dj'hn leaps forward and to the side.

    Rolling to stop, the guttersnipe sits up and looks all around in wild-eyed panic. A rampaging giant to one side and a derro necromancer on the other; Dj'hn doesn't know what to react to first. "Mister Giant! STOP! PLEASE STOP!" The air in the room reacts to Dj'hn's fear, swirling around him in a sudden gust. The urchin tears his eyes away from the half-orc to look at the derro Bone Setter; fearful that he's about to unleash some vile necromancy upon them all.

    OOC: Five foot step forward and to the left if possible to leap clear. Readying an action to unleash a 30-ft line of cold at the derro if he starts casting; 1d6 damage, Ref DC 14 half, Entangling Exhalation feat.
    Hey Berk! Check out my Sigil NPC List, Sigil Venues List and Sigil Papers & Map at http://www.planewalker.com.

    Currently Playing
    Running: The Cage, a Pathfinder tabletop Planescape campaign, Session 55[/SIZE]

  • #35
    Registered User
    Novice (Lvl 1)

    Valthosian's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Kailua-Kona, HI
    Posts
    242

    Ignore Valthosian

    An enraged half-orc minion named Thorson

    Dr. Simon
    It would be great if Thorson could roll a will save prior to slamming his axe into Edmond, guess it all depends on the order of initiative though
    Recovering from lack of role-playing.
    Looking for a D&D game in Kona!

  • #36
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Dr Simon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    4,486
    Blog Entries
    47

    Ignore Dr Simon
    OOC: Not a good round for Edmond, this one coming. Sorry, Neurotic!

    The half-orc, Thorson or "Mr. Giant", surges forwards with a roar. Edmond brings Deathwail up defensively but his reluctance to harm his erstwhile companion-in-arms hampers his fighting ability, and a mighty overhand chop from the half-orc slices across Edmond's chest. Brindom recoils from the pain as he too begins to bleed.

    Dj'ahn rolls forwards into the room. "Mister Giant! STOP! PLEASE STOP!" he cries. The derro flies into the air above the table, hands weaving and uttering strange syllables. Fearing a spell, Dj'ahn unleashes a blast of clod air at the derro, but they wily creature ducks through the air and only gets a light dusting of frost. His spell almost falters on his lips but he ignores the distraction and unleashes a beam of black energy from one blue fingertip towards Edmond. For Edmond, everything goes black!

    "Thorson! Stop! We defeated Lamm together! Comrades in arms!" booms Edmond his voice suddenly loosing monotone and sounding like soldiery commander.

    Thorson does indeed stop, shaking his head as if to clear it.

    ooc

    On the subject of moving past people, yes it is possible although I think that this tunnel is a bit more narrow than the standard 5 ft. squares so might be harder, but Manachan can work his way to the front if you like.

    On full defence, this can't be used in conjunction with Combat Expertise, so it is just a +4 AC bonus although Thorson catches Edmond flat-footed anyway. Don't forget that Combat Expertise works differentlt under Pathfinder, giving a +/-1 effect, increasing by 1 for every +4 BAB that you have (rather than being up to BAB, max 5 as it is under d20).

    So, scores on the doors:

    Manachan: Hold position.
    Thorson: Attack Edmond, 16+7=23, hit for 1d12+12=22 damage. This is divided into 11 points each to Edmond and Brindom.
    Dj'ahn: 5 ft. step and ready action. 1d6 cold on derro for 2 damage. Derro makes Reflex save and Concentration check.
    Derro: Blindness on Edmond. Fortitude save 8+4 +1=13, fail.
    Brindom: Full defence.

    Thorson gets a second Will save thanks to his old friends, 16+1=17, succeeds.

    Effects active at the end of that round:

    Derro: Flying.
    Edmond: Blinded, +1 AC and Saves.
    Thorson: No longer charmed.

    Initiative order:
    Manachan
    Thorson
    Dj'ahn
    Derro
    Edmond
    Brindom
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dead Warrens Beta 24.jpg  
    New from The Lazy GM: Pathfinder Kobolds. Hundreds of pre-gen kobolds with all-new Pathfinder options.
    The Lazy GM Series. Pre-generated monster stats for the discerning adventurer.
    The World of Conclave. Innovative (and free) webworld for d20.
    White Dwarf: The First 100 Issues
    Play By Post Links

  • #37
    Na Bith Mo Riocht T! COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Lama (Lvl 13)

    Mowgli's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Jonesboro, AR
    Posts
    11,923

    Ignore Mowgli
    Seeing his friends in such dire straights, and unwilling to stand by and do nothing, Manachan moves quickly into the room and assesses the situation quickly.

    Dr. Simon
    How high is the Derro? Can Manachan reach him w/out resorting to ranged attacks? I'm thinking a leap to initiate a grapple.
    "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
    -- H.L. Mencken



    Legacy of Fire
    OOC IC

  • #38
    Registered User
    Novice (Lvl 1)

    Valthosian's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Kailua-Kona, HI
    Posts
    242

    Ignore Valthosian

    Thorson

    Thorson stares at Edmond as if looking straight through him for a pair of heartbeats, watching the human's blood well up through his armor, drops of the red fluid from Thorson's axe spatter the floor sounding shockingly loud to the barbarian's ears as the reality of the moment hits him like a charging storm giant.
    he turns to look at Dj'ahn.
    I remember... Dj'ahn... Edmond... Lynn... Lamm... He pauses for another instant, his eyes clouded and haunted, and then with viperish speed his head swivels like a turret towards the Derro and his mouth splits into a portcullis of sharp gleaming teeth in a grimace of sheer fury and he screams out as if feeling a tremendous loss all over again.
    KAYLA!!
    Wrapped once more in an armor of rage he charges the Derro, finally able to build up sufficient speed he gives himself fully to the blow.
    Recovering from lack of role-playing.
    Looking for a D&D game in Kona!

  • #39
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Dr Simon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    4,486
    Blog Entries
    47

    Ignore Dr Simon
    OOC: I don't think the room is that high, so the derro would be flying at about head-height (for Medium creatures) at most.
    New from The Lazy GM: Pathfinder Kobolds. Hundreds of pre-gen kobolds with all-new Pathfinder options.
    The Lazy GM Series. Pre-generated monster stats for the discerning adventurer.
    The World of Conclave. Innovative (and free) webworld for d20.
    White Dwarf: The First 100 Issues
    Play By Post Links

  • #40
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    Ambrus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Montreal QC, Canada
    Posts
    4,434

    Ignore Ambrus
    Dr Simon
    I'd intended for Dj'hn to leap forward and to the left; the other left.

    And incidentally, Majenko is back in the upper workroom; not the barracks.
    Quite overcome with a range of emotions—surprise at the sight of the half-orc, terror at facing off against the infamous Bone Setter, relief at seeing Thorson regaining his senses, shaken by the sudden violence and anger at seeing his friends being hurt by the vile derro's machinations—the urchin's face flushes red and tears liberally flow down his tiny cheeks as the air in the room grows dangerously hot. A small cyclone forms around Dj'hn and, in defiance of gravity and reason, carries the slip of a boy up into the air towards the derro. A barely restrained storms seems to swirl threateningly around Dj'hn as, grinning impishly, he echoes the vile creature's words to the vengeful half-orc: "Kill him, minion!"

    OOC: Five foot step up, forward and to the left if possible. Readying an action to unleash a 30-ft line of fire at the derro if he starts casting; 1d6 damage, Ref DC 14 half, Entangling Exhalation feat.
    Hey Berk! Check out my Sigil NPC List, Sigil Venues List and Sigil Papers & Map at http://www.planewalker.com.

    Currently Playing
    Running: The Cage, a Pathfinder tabletop Planescape campaign, Session 55[/SIZE]

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 4 of 171 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 54 104 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Dr. Si's Curse of the Crimson Throne OOC
      By Dr Simon in forum Talking the Talk
      Replies: 1097
      Last Post: Sunday, 11th August, 2013, 02:03 AM
    2. Curse of the Crimson Throne
      By mxyzplk in forum Story Hour
      Replies: 21
      Last Post: Sunday, 4th October, 2009, 03:08 AM
    3. Malvoisin's Curse of the Crimson Throne (OOC)
      By Malvoisin in forum Talking the Talk
      Replies: 397
      Last Post: Tuesday, 7th April, 2009, 06:11 AM
    4. Curse of the Crimson Throne Conversion
      By ArchAnjel in forum D&D and Pathfinder
      Replies: 3
      Last Post: Sunday, 20th July, 2008, 10:07 PM
    5. Malvoisin's Curse of the Crimson Throne (RG)
      By Malvoisin in forum RPGs & Tabletop Gaming Discussion
      Replies: 9
      Last Post: Friday, 29th February, 2008, 05:45 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •