Dr. Si's Curse of the Crimson Throne - Seven Days to the Grave

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"It could be hiding hole for creatures that can turn gaseous. Could you go under there and we will follow you from above if you two can stay in connection. Once you find them, we dig straight down into their hide-out rather then crawl in.

If you cannot stay in touch with such precision, we should find another way, such as you marking the way clear for us."

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"Maybe we should check the northern door first?" Brindom says questioningly. "I rather look around on my feet first, than on my hands and knees only if I have to."

Dr Simon

Explorer
Majenko can see that the space under the floor is unoccupied, but amidst the chunks of wood and stone there are four plain wooden coffins.

The door opens into a shop; more badly-made toys covered with a layer of dust, and a serving counter. The front window is filthy and almost opaque (lettering on the window declares the place to be "syoT s'irottioiG"), the front door is closed and barred.

Ambrus

Explorer
Having glanced around the front room, Dj'hân floats over to the edge of the trapdoor as Majenko pulls his head out of the hole. The pair regard each other for a brief moment before the urchin pipes up. "Majenko says that the crawlspace is the same size and shape as the room up here and that there are four pine coffins over in the middle." Dj'hân shrugs. "Four coffins for four slain blood-suckers; doesn't seem likely to be anything else down there. Majenko and me will just do down, walk over and pull each open one by one to see if there's anything inside. The lot of you grownups can search around up here, kay?" The guttersnipe looks around to see if there are any objections and, assuming there aren't, withdraws and releases his circling will-o'-wisp from his hat, hops down below with his pseudodragon friend in tow to go and investigate the crawlspace.

OOC: Taking 20 to search the crawlspace and coffins one by one.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Majenko can see that the space under the floor is unoccupied, but amidst the chunks of wood and stone there are four plain wooden coffins.

So, just to be clear: there is no basement or similar, we just need to dig out the coffins from under the floor? We can explore further once we dispose of the vampires.

Also, HOW MANY coffins? Did we get all vampires hiding here?

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
OOC: We killed one then left and just came back and killed the other three. But we didn't get the spawn maker so...

"Be careful you two," Brindom says putting away his sword. Drawing his bow he takes up a spot watching for trouble out the hole they came in. "I'll watch with Thorson, while you check for any clues as to why bodies are being dumped in the area, Edmond."

Dr Simon

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]
No cellar, just an underfloor space, about 3 ft. high. (Don't know why someone would put a trapdoor to that, now that I think about it. I'll put that down to the same reasons for the wierd dimensions of Lamm's hiding place :erm:

Four coffins found, four vampire spawn slain.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Dj'hân]
The coffins are empty of inhabitants, but each contains some grey dusty soil (not local Korvosan soil). The coffins each contain a small leather pouch containing, in total, 300gp and 15sp, all of Ustalavan minting, a brass ring made to look like entwined spider legs, and set of pan pipes made from bone.
[/sblock]

Ambrus

Explorer
[sblock=Dr Simon]Having hefted the lids off the four coffins, Dj'hân first removes an empty sack along with the bundled Harrow cards from his hat before tucking the four pouches of coins inside for safekeeping. Sitting on the edge of a coffin lid, the urchin quietly whispers to the Harrow: "Please Zallara..." He then withdraws two cards; one for the bronze spider ring and another for the bone pan pipes.

OOC: Using the Harrow to detect magic throughout the crawlspace as well as the two rooms above and a subsequent use of identify if either the ring or the pipes turn out to be magical.

Then, with Majenko's help, Dj'hân moves the dusty soil from each of the four coffins into his empty sack before heading back up top to report.

OOC: It's Dj'hân's intention to later disperse the soil above the river so that the coffins can't be used again by any foreign vampires.[/sblock]

Dr Simon

Explorer
[sblock=Ambrus]
Apart from anything carried by his comrades, the only magical items in the building are the ring and the pipes.

The ring is a ring of jumping (faint transmutation, Harrow card = The Cricket).
The pipes are pipes of haunting (faint necromancy, Harrow Card = The Eclipse).
[/sblock]

Ambrus

Explorer
Dj'hân, a bit dusty from his foray below, rises up out of the trapdoor a few minutes later; his little flaming 'Dj'hân-o'-lantern' circling lazily around his head. He's followed a moment later by his tiny soil-colored dragon companion. A brief whirlwind and a downbeat of leathery wings carries both creatures up to a toy-strewn shelf at eye level with the grownups. "No problem down there; just four empty coffins with a few trinkets inside."

Pulling the liripoop off of his tiny disheveled head, Dj'hân withdraws four pouches, a brass ring made to look like entwined spider legs and a set of pan pipes made from bone to show his companions. "Seems like the blood-suckers aren't locals; all of their coins, some 300 gold and 15 silver, are from Ustalav. They also brought some of their home soil with em." The urchin pulls a handful of dusty soil from his cap, smiles impishly and blows it into a small cloud.

"Zallara says that the spider ring here can make its wearer jump up high and the bone pipes can make scary music to frighten anybody listening to it if you play em right." The urchin grins and kicks his dangling feet.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases